You're being lied to.....

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The electorate does not care about the debt. They do not care that social security is not sustainable. They (we) simply don't. This has been going on before Biden, before Trump, before Obama.

Quite very obviously the voters don't care. If they did they would start looking for I's to vote for instead of R's and D's.

Yes congress and the white house are lying to us. They do it every day and we don't care.

Last edited:

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
If you look at the history of social security the government has been changing the rules to reduce the payout. Mostly by pushing out the retirement age but, they have been closing other "loopholes/benefits" along the way.

Mar 11, 2006
You either have no understanding of modern monetary policy, or you are being purposefully obtuse.
Maybe he does not agree with Modern Monetary Theory? I understand that Bernie Sanders and AOC have both publicly supported the theory, but I know I don’t...and I would assume most economists do not either.

As @Party of common sense just posted, the growing national debt is a huge threat to our country. We are only about a decade away from SS funds being depleted. With an aging population, this is going to be a massive annual obligation that will even further drives deficits and the debt ...cost-cutting and/or large tax increases will need to be implemented.

Balloons can fly for awhile, and sometimes even very high, but they all eventually pop and come crashing down.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
The electorate does not care about the debt. They do not care that social security is not sustainable. They (we) simply don't. This has been going on before Biden, before Trump, before Obama.

Quite very obviously the voters don't care. If they did they would start looking for I's to vote for instead of R's and D's.

Yes congress and the white house are lying to us. They do it every day and we don't care.
Social Security is sustainable if they would stop robbing from it. Also they will eventually make it 80 years old to even be eligible for it so it will still 'be available' just you won't live long enough to collect.

Sep 3, 2010
It seems kind of odd to print $1.9 trillion in additional stimulus when the government still has $1 trillion in unspent funds. Especially when you consider the fact that they expect to be able to vaccinate every adult in our country by the end of May and the economy should come roaring back on it's own.

Some of the early stimulus was a necessary evil, but what we're done since then (under both parties) is irresponsible. Future generations are going to end up paying for our mistakes.
Agreed. To call this boondoggle "Covid Relief" is just simply dishonest.https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-covid-welfare-state-11615154022?mod=opinion_major_pos2

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
"You're being lied to!

It's fraud being perpetrated on you by our elected federal employees."

Big spending is big spending, whether it is done by an R or a D.
Well now, that's breaking news?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Exactly, it's not about COVID relief, it's a few bread crumbs to make people like it. They're using your tax money to buy your vote. It gets worse with every election cycle as one has to outspend the other (or promise to) to get elected.

Interesting that some of you seem to believe this is sustainable. Obama called it un-American when it was Bush, how many of you whined when it was Bush but were happy when Obama was doing the spending?

You then complained about Trump spending and now you defend Biden.

1615312528269.png

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
I haven't had a chance to read the bill yet, but it's my understanding that less than 10% of the money goes towards directly fighting the virus. I can get behind ramping up vaccines & testing and helping people that have been financially affected by the pandemic, but some of the things in this bill are ridiculous.

On a side note, I heard one of our state representatives interviewed on the radio this past week. He said that they projected a $1 billion budget shortfall last year, but they actually had around a $1 billion budget surplus due to the stimulus bills. I don't understand why we needed to include $350 billion in state & local aid if some states already have more than they would've had without the pandemic. I have a feeling that liberal states want this money to fund things other than budget shortfalls created by the pandemic.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Exactly, it's not about COVID relief, it's a few bread crumbs to make people like it. They're using your tax money to buy your vote. It gets worse with every election cycle as one has to outspend the other (or promise to) to get elected.

Interesting that some of you seem to believe this is sustainable. Obama called it un-American when it was Bush, how many of you whined when it was Bush but were happy when Obama was doing the spending?

You then complained about Trump spending and now you defend Biden.

View attachment 89282
I don't believe it is sustainable. I didn't believe Trump's spending was sustainable. Did you?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2009
Hells fire!
The wingnuts at 23rd and Lincoln Boulevard are right now trying to cut Taxes again! They say it will be a Boost for state the economy. The tax burden in Oklahoma is 47th in the nation. We all know how well that wisdom called voodoo economics works. The voodoo helps only the top 1%.

Sep 12, 2008
Hells fire!
The wingnuts at 23rd and Lincoln Boulevard are right now trying to cut Taxes again! They say it will be a Boost for state the economy. The tax burden in Oklahoma is 47th in the nation. We all know how well that wisdom called voodoo economics works. The voodoo helps only the top 1%.
Looks pretty bipartisan at least for the personal income relief and restoration of the earned income credit...

"Despite their opposition to the corporate tax cut, most House Democrats approved House Bill 2041 to provide personal income tax relief to all Oklahomans. The bill passed on a vote of 91-5.

Oklahomans would receive, on average, $113 in tax relief under the bill, said a spokesman for McCall.

The bill would also restore the refundable aspect of Oklahoma's earned income tax credit, which state lawmakers eliminated in 2016 in order to fill a budget shortfall. Restoring the credit would cost the state roughly $25 million.

For years, House Democrats have pushed for the refundable piece to be restored.

"While this tax credit has been important for working families for a long time, it's restoration could not be more timely as many families across our state are still feeling the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic," said House Minority Leader Emily Virgin, D-Norman. "

Were you traumatized by Ronald Reagan as a youth or did some mean old conservative bully you in school?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I don't believe it is sustainable. I didn't believe Trump's spending was sustainable. Did you?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
No, and you should know my long standing dislike for exorbitant spending.