Your Vehicle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I think the most difficult thing is to standardize trade ins. Some people keep take impeccable care of their vehicles and some do not. That just leaves room for negotiation.
Yeah, but when I am literally holding a copy of the $10k offer from Carmax in my hand?... Either you can offer me that much or you can't. No need to play around with me by bringing me back various monthly payment amounts with no other details.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Man, I about walked out at one point. I was 100% fine with the price they had on the vehicle and I'd already gotten preapproved through Chase for that amount with a defined rate. The only variable was trade-in value. They just could NOT wrap their heads around the fact that I didn't give a damn what the monthly payment was. All I was interested in was sales price, trade in and interest rate and terms. They just kept coming back with different monthly payments but could never answer where that payment was coming from. I even had to raise my voice at one point which I just don't do because I was getting so irritated. $26k price, 3.5% for 72mo and $10k trade (be it from them or Carmax). I literally did their job for them, all they had to do was do the damn paperwork. That's it! (Should have known better than to do business with a dealership that had as annoying of a jingle as Edmond Hyundai....)

My Subaru was much better. I emailed them to order my car and offered them $1k less than MSRP because I knew dealers that were selling them at $3k less. They agreed. I showed up, signed the papers, put $1k deposit and waited for the car the arrive. Got pre-approved by Chase, they used the same numbers, done. It somehow still took up 3 hrs to complete the purchase but none of it was negotiating. It was just waiting.
Edmond Hyundai - nuff said

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Yeah, but when I am literally holding a copy of the $10k offer from Carmax in my hand?... Either you can offer me that much or you can't. No need to play around with me by bringing me back various monthly payment amounts with no other details.
Edmond Hyundai was the place from the instant offer that I referenced earlier in the thread.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Edmond Hyundai was the place from the instant offer that I referenced earlier in the thread.
Yeah. F them for sure. I didn't even realize until later than the single key fob they gave us didn't have the physical key in it but I was so fed up with them already I just said screw it.

BTW, as easy as you can swap out those lock cylinders you'd think getting a new cylinder and key would be pretty effortless but I couldn't find ANYTHING online for that. All the history on the car is from Florida so I wasn't that worried about someone locally using the key to get into it after we bought it.

Jan 14, 2007
Yukon, OK
Are they not all incredibly annoying to work with? I have learned to not work a deal with a dealership face-to-face. I strictly do online, and via email, deals with my own financing already established. Like 20 years of living in OKC metro area and I bought every vehicle out-of-state. Bought a GTO in Aurora, Missouri. A Chevy Avalanche in Liberal, Kansas. A Volvo XC90 in Austin, Texas. The FJ Cruiser in Shreveport, Louisiana. In every case, the local dealer was just crap to work with... so I'd just jump online, do a search, and work a deal out-of-state until I got the offer I wanted.
I tried that and got nowhere. I'd email, text from a google voice number, ask for the best OTD price, all of them said "We don't talk price unless you come down in person.". Even when I said I was buying TODAY, they wouldn't budge. The closest I got to a negotiation was one guy texted that they wouldn't come off the price at all.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I tried that and got nowhere. I'd email, text from a google voice number, ask for the best OTD price, all of them said "We don't talk price unless you come down in person.". Even when I said I was buying TODAY, they wouldn't budge. The closest I got to a negotiation was one guy texted that they wouldn't come off the price at all.
Hmmm… Local to OKC? Because again, I bought all of my vehicles out of state because pretty much every OKC dealership I’ve been to, or communicated with, had been worthless.

Oh, and sure, I got a few that didn’t reply to inquiries… or wouldn’t talk price via email/text… those just got deleted and on to the next.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2011
Edmond Hyundai was my worst vehicle buying experience ever.
Great truck, but F them. Only time I've ever been that mad; my wife literally drug me by my shirt back into my driver's seat to leave.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Edmond Hyundai was my worst vehicle buying experience ever.
Great truck, but F them. Only time I've ever been that mad; my wife literally drug me by my shirt back into my driver's seat to leave.
Note to self. Come here before trying out any new dealerships... lol

Hmmm… Local to OKC? Because again, I bought all of my vehicles out of state because pretty much every OKC dealership I’ve been to, or communicated with, had been worthless.

Oh, and sure, I got a few that didn’t reply to inquiries… or wouldn’t talk price via email/text… those just got deleted and on to the next.
Bob Moore was like that, not willing to budge on price. Hudiburg on the other hand was willing to give me some money off since I was custom ordering instead of buying off the lot. They said the prices on the lot were firm.

Jan 14, 2007
Yukon, OK

Yeah, these were all OKC metro dealers. And just like you, I bought my last car out of state. My wife found her dream car in Arkansas. We found a 99.9% identical match here in town but it was $3000 higher. Called the local dealer, told him what we found and would he like to earn our business. He compared the cars and said no. Best he could do was "maybe" waive the $350 doc fee. We drove to Arkansas instead, had a great little road trip and saved $3000.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Yeah, these were all OKC metro dealers. And just like you, I bought my last car out of state. My wife found her dream car in Arkansas. We found a 99.9% identical match here in town but it was $3000 higher. Called the local dealer, told him what we found and would he like to earn our business. He compared the cars and said no. Best he could do was "maybe" waive the $350 doc fee. We drove to Arkansas instead, had a great little road trip and saved $3000.
That's pretty much exactly what happened on our Volvo XC90 purchase. Went to the OKC Volvo dealer, told them what we were looking for... they didn't have it on the lot... ran a search and found one... shot us some numbers... I countered with what I was willing to pay... and they came back and said, "nope, can't do that because we gotta pay all this extra money to get the car transferred... yadda, yadda... blah, blah... bs".

We left the dealer and I went straight home and did my own online search. Found the EXACT XC90 that they were trying to sell me... in Austin. Emailed the Volvo dealership in Austin and shot them the OTD price I was willing to pay (that the OKC dealer wouldn't even consider). Austin dealer came within like $250 of my offer... and then even offered to refund my airfare to fly down and pick up the vehicle. So I said "deal".

Painless.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Yeah if you are in the market for one and price is a issue, wait a couple months. It looks like the dealers are getting loaded up with them, especially big bend packages. I feel they messed up releasing the bronco sport first. I get why they did it first but I think it backfired. They hyped the bronco so much that people were disappointed and thought the sport was what all the hype about. A escape with a different body. Then they held up first edition to sell the others because they had all the pre ordered first editions. Is it really a first edition , if you release a wildtrak before the first edition?

They had a bronco promo trailer, and broncos at crossbar ranch last weekend for the nitto nationals. One even ran in it.

Last edited:

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Exactly what I knew would happen. Ford has an awful habit of "Look and this new car we're bringing out and MSRP is only $[reasonable price]!" Then it comes out and dealers slap some obscene DMU on it...
Oh, I forgot the most important part. The instant depreciation that happens as soon as you drive it off the lot. Lol.