Your Vehicle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Yeah, I know with Carvana you can you probably get more elsewhere but dang it just seems convenient. :D
Well they actually offered more than one. The KBB/autotrader instant offer was a joke. They were 3k less than carvana. They were offering me 4 banger / fwd prices for my v6 twin turbo/ awd black label. I told the kid on the phone they are offering my exact car for sale at 35k with 20k more miles. I did buy another money pit to replace it.
241434469_10210207438539656_2711966530616650712_n.jpg

15" beadlocks with 32" BFG KM3 tires are to be delivered today. That mud pic was the one and only time, I purposely hit a mud hole. I turned out to be a famous lake Murray sink hole. I had to get towed out

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Kinda thinking about doing it... Paid $38k for it 7 years ago. Considering selling, using some to get my S10 in better (safer) shape to drive daily then stash the rest until the next gen STI comes out late next year...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I ran this again yesterday and it's now a $23.4k offer...

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I ran this again yesterday and it's now a $23.4k offer...
So Carvana picked up my car yesterday. It was a cluster to say the lest. 15 minutes prior to the appointment time. The driver calls and says they are not coming, they booked (2) 10:30 am appointments. My appointment had been set for a week but the driver chose mine to kick since the car was in Newcastle. It eventually completed but I was looking forward to quick and easy. Carmax would have been easier.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
So Carvana picked up my car yesterday. It was a cluster to say the lest. 15 minutes prior to the appointment time. The driver calls and says they are not coming, they booked (2) 10:30 am appointments. My appointment had been set for a week but the driver chose mine to kick since the car was in Newcastle. It eventually completed but I was looking forward to quick and easy. Carmax would have been easier.
We sold our Jeep to Carmax when we bought our Explorer. That was definitely easy. Dealership we were buying the Explorer from would only give us 7-8k trade in while we sat there with a printed 10k offer from Carmax in our hand. We ended up driving over, selling the Jeep to Carmax then driving back over and signing the paperwork for the Explorer.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
We sold our Jeep to Carmax when we bought our Explorer. That was definitely easy. Dealership we were buying the Explorer from would only give us 7-8k trade in while we sat there with a printed 10k offer from Carmax in our hand. We ended up driving over, selling the Jeep to Carmax then driving back over and signing the paperwork for the Explorer.
We also traded in and bought a car from Carmax and it was a great experience. No hassle or pressure. Our car came from an out of state lot so I had to pay a few hundred to ship it here. It had new tires, a full inspection, and they even replaced a headlight because there was a little oxidation on one of them.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
We also traded in and bought a car from Carmax and it was a great experience. No hassle or pressure. Our car came from an out of state lot so I had to pay a few hundred to ship it here. It had new tires, a full inspection, and they even replaced a headlight because there was a little oxidation on one of them.
I probably wouldn't ever buy a car there personally just because they're mostly fleet/rental vehicles and I know how people treat those but it's a GREAT place to test drive vehicles and figure out what model you want. Just show up, let them check your vehicle while you're browsing to get an appraisal and then they'll just test drive cars with you. They don't care if you buy or not, they're just clocking hours. We went there a couple times before figuring out we wanted an Explorer over other SUVs. It's a great place to shop, I just don't want a vehicle that's been a fleet or rental vehicle.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I probably wouldn't ever buy a car there personally just because they're mostly fleet/rental vehicles and I know how people treat those but it's a GREAT place to test drive vehicles and figure out what model you want. Just show up, let them check your vehicle while you're browsing to get an appraisal and then they'll just test drive cars with you. They don't care if you buy or not, they're just clocking hours. We went there a couple times before figuring out we wanted an Explorer over other SUVs. It's a great place to shop, I just don't want a vehicle that's been a fleet or rental vehicle.
Most of the vehicles we saw on the lot are definitely not fleet or rental. We bought a Navigator and it was near mint.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Most of the vehicles we saw on the lot are definitely not fleet or rental. We bought a Navigator and it was near mint.
That was just based off all the Carfax reports I looked at from there when we were shopping (4 or so years ago) and they all showed fleet usage. Things may be different now or maybe just the types of vehicles I was looking at were heavy in that category compared to others. That said, I'd be comfortable buying a vehicle there that only had personal use shown in the Carfax report.

Also, even if it was fleet/rental, a Navigator isn't something that just any Joe is going to get for a rental/fleet vehicle. I would imagine even in that use it would still have been treated pretty respectfully. :D

Jan 14, 2007
Yukon, OK
The dealer where I bought my truck gave me that line too. "Just sell it to Carmax and come back.", I said how about once I walk out the door, I don't come back? He matched the offer.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
The dealer where I bought my truck gave me that line too. "Just sell it to Carmax and come back.", I said how about once I walk out the door, I don't come back? He matched the offer.
That's what I should have done. I just really wanted the Explorer because it was a really good deal and we needed the extra room. It was an Explorer Sport with 50k miles on it for $26k... I'm definitely never doing business with that dealership again though because they were incredibly annoying to work with.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
That's what I should have done. I just really wanted the Explorer because it was a really good deal and we needed the extra room. It was an Explorer Sport with 50k miles on it for $26k... I'm definitely never doing business with that dealership again though because they were incredibly annoying to work with.
Are they not all incredibly annoying to work with? I have learned to not work a deal with a dealership face-to-face. I strictly do online, and via email, deals with my own financing already established. Like 20 years of living in OKC metro area and I bought every vehicle out-of-state. Bought a GTO in Aurora, Missouri. A Chevy Avalanche in Liberal, Kansas. A Volvo XC90 in Austin, Texas. The FJ Cruiser in Shreveport, Louisiana. In every case, the local dealer was just crap to work with... so I'd just jump online, do a search, and work a deal out-of-state until I got the offer I wanted.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Are they not all incredibly annoying to work with? I have learned to not work a deal with a dealership face-to-face. I strictly do online, and via email, deals with my own financing already established. Like 20 years of living in OKC metro area and I bought every vehicle out-of-state. Bought a GTO in Aurora, Missouri. A Chevy Avalanche in Liberal, Kansas. A Volvo XC90 in Austin, Texas. The FJ Cruiser in Shreveport, Louisiana. In every case, the local dealer was just crap to work with... so I'd just jump online, do a search, and work a deal out-of-state until I got the offer I wanted.
Man, I about walked out at one point. I was 100% fine with the price they had on the vehicle and I'd already gotten preapproved through Chase for that amount with a defined rate. The only variable was trade-in value. They just could NOT wrap their heads around the fact that I didn't give a damn what the monthly payment was. All I was interested in was sales price, trade in and interest rate and terms. They just kept coming back with different monthly payments but could never answer where that payment was coming from. I even had to raise my voice at one point which I just don't do because I was getting so irritated. $26k price, 3.5% for 72mo and $10k trade (be it from them or Carmax). I literally did their job for them, all they had to do was do the damn paperwork. That's it! (Should have known better than to do business with a dealership that had as annoying of a jingle as Edmond Hyundai....)

My Subaru was much better. I emailed them to order my car and offered them $1k less than MSRP because I knew dealers that were selling them at $3k less. They agreed. I showed up, signed the papers, put $1k deposit and waited for the car the arrive. Got pre-approved by Chase, they used the same numbers, done. It somehow still took up 3 hrs to complete the purchase but none of it was negotiating. It was just waiting.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Man, I about walked out at one point. I was 100% fine with the price they had on the vehicle and I'd already gotten preapproved through Chase for that amount with a defined rate. The only variable was trade-in value. They just could NOT wrap their heads around the fact that I didn't give a damn what the monthly payment was. All I was interested in was sales price, trade in and interest rate and terms. They just kept coming back with different monthly payments but could never answer where that payment was coming from. I even had to raise my voice at one point which I just don't do because I was getting so irritated. $26k price, 3.5% for 72mo and $10k trade (be it from them or Carmax). I literally did their job for them, all they had to do was do the damn paperwork. That's it! (Should have known better than to do business with a dealership that had as annoying of a jingle as Edmond Hyundai....)

My Subaru was much better. I emailed them to order my car and offered them $1k less than MSRP because I knew dealers that were selling them at $3k less. They agreed. I showed up, signed the papers, put $1k deposit and waited for the car the arrive. Got pre-approved by Chase, they used the same numbers, done. It somehow still took up 3 hrs to complete the purchase but none of it was negotiating. It was just waiting.
Yup. The "what kinda monthly payment you looking for?" crowd is EXACTLY why I will not deal face-to-face. AND every time a dealer has said "oh, I guarandamntee you YOU CANNOT GET better financing than what we can!"... I've gone on to get better financing.

I deal in cash only and an out the door offer/price. Period.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Yup. The "what kinda monthly payment you looking for?" crowd is EXACTLY why I will not deal face-to-face. AND every time a dealer has said "oh, I guarandamntee you YOU CANNOT GET better financing than what we can!"... I've gone on to get better financing.

I deal in cash only and an out the door offer/price. Period.
It's why I'm looking forward to the day when car sales make the inevitable shift to online ordering. The industry is still just clinging on to the old way of doing things just because. It takes me less time to buy a $250,000 house than it does to buy a $26,000 used SUV. That's ridiculous....

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
It's why I'm looking forward to the day when car sales make the inevitable shift to online ordering. The industry is still just clinging on to the old way of doing things just because. It takes me less time to buy a $250,000 house than it does to buy a $26,000 used SUV. That's ridiculous....
Oh it's getting really close. And this current market is (pardon my pun) driving it that way. Heck, the more I read on electric vehicles, the more I'm afraid that, in the not so distant future, you may not even get the option to own the vehicle... it'll be a subscription/lease only... AND you'll have to pay extra monthly subscriptions to have access to certain vehicle options. Crazy.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I think the most difficult thing is to standardize trade ins. Some people keep take impeccable care of their vehicles and some do not. That just leaves room for negotiation.