Your Vehicle

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2012
Kaboy42, Gm is refreshing the interior on their trucks. They released pics of it along with their new Silverado zr2. Interior looks pretty jazzy on them. I have been wanting a new truck for the past couple years. The price though... Just hard to let that money go when I can buy something older, go through it, and not have a car payment. I'd be happy with a clean 2010 or 2011 2wd denali 1500 or 4wd 2500hd gas and build me a mild 416 or 427 for it.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Kaboy42, Gm is refreshing the interior on their trucks. They released pics of it along with their new Silverado zr2. Interior looks pretty jazzy on them. I have been wanting a new truck for the past couple years. The price though... Just hard to let that money go when I can buy something older, go through it, and not have a car payment. I'd be happy with a clean 2010 or 2011 2wd denali 1500 or 4wd 2500hd gas and build me a mild 416 or 427 for it.
Yup... been following the release of the zr2. The interior looks INCREDIBLE (plus the multimatic suspension) AND the 6.2L?!?!? Although, would have been a homerun had they used the supercharged 6.2L. Buuuut the price is gonna put it close to the 2022 Raptor, and I don't think it will be able to compete. Heck GM said it was NOT built to compete with the Raptor or the Trex.

I just know I'm gonna be in the market really soon. I actually have been for almost 2 years. I just waited too late and now refuse to pay the prices that most are asking right now. It's just absolutely crazy.

I'm trying to hold out for 1) inventories to get back to close to normal 2) 2022 Raptor and possibly the Raptor Bronco 3) drive/price the zr2 as well before I make a move. IF I feel like that's going to take longer than I can wait, I'll start looking at 3) low mileage gen2 Raptors 4) new Bronco 5) build out my own Sequoia TRD Pro or maybe a Tahoe.

I really want to get back into a full-size truck if possible. I need the space.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Kinda thinking about doing it... Paid $38k for it 7 years ago. Considering selling, using some to get my S10 in better (safer) shape to drive daily then stash the rest until the next gen STI comes out late next year...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Kinda thinking about doing it... Paid $38k for it 7 years ago. Considering selling, using some to get my S10 in better (safer) shape to drive daily then stash the rest until the next gen STI comes out late next year...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I think I actually remember you buying this car. LOL. How many miles on it now?

Edit: btw, I moved from Edmond to south Houston a number of months back... and these STI's are everywhere/thick down here! And they all sound and look incredible! :eek:

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I think I actually remember you buying this car. LOL. How many miles on it now?

Edit: btw, I moved from Edmond to south Houston a number of months back... and these STI's are everywhere/thick down here! And they all sound and look incredible! :eek:
68k at the moment. My main hesitation on banking on buying the next gen (not yet released) is that the next gen WRX they've added an auto with paddle shifters to the higher trim. I'm curious if that's indicating them possibly ditching the 6spd on the STI and going auto as well. I don't know if I can lose rumble (switching from the EJ to FA motor) AND manual 6...

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
68k at the moment. My main hesitation on banking on buying the next gen (not yet released) is that the next gen WRX they've added an auto with paddle shifters to the higher trim. I'm curious if that's indicating them possibly ditching the 6spd on the STI and going auto as well. I don't know if I can lose rumble (switching from the EJ to FA motor) AND manual 6...
Oh. So you could probably ask and get closer to $25-28k if you were to sell it yourself?

And I hear you on the hesitation. I prefer a manual trans as well. We are probably just a handful of years away from those going away for good in passenger vehicles. :(

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Oh. So you could probably ask and get closer to $25-28k if you were to sell it yourself?

And I hear you on the hesitation. I prefer a manual trans as well. We are probably just a handful of years away from those going away for good in passenger vehicles. :(
Possibly if I wanted to actually deal with the hassle. Having someone show up to my house with a flat bed and a check for an already agreed on price sure sounds convenient though. :D Next oil change (which is every 1.5-2mo now that I'm back to driving 50mi/day for work again...) I'll probably stop by CarMax to see what their offer is.

Sep 12, 2008
I think there were only 16 models in the US available with a manual transmission last year. Millions of young drivers have never seen or driven one. Sad indeed. It's a whole different driving experience.

When I wore a younger man's clothes I was driving a friend's 68 Camaro with 396 and 4 speed transmission and when I shifted into 2nd the keys flew out of the ignition and into the back seat.. freaked me out but the car kept on going.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I think there were only 16 models in the US available with a manual transmission last year. Millions of young drivers have never seen or driven one. Sad indeed. It's a whole different driving experience.

When I wore a younger man's clothes I was driving a friend's 68 Camaro with 396 and 4 speed transmission and when I shifted into 2nd the keys flew out of the ignition and into the back seat.. freaked me out but the car kept on going.
I'll be driving one as long as I can. I know that there are transmissions with paddle shift that out perform stick as far as shift times but that couldn't possibly replace that feeling of nailing a downshift.

Aug 16, 2012
Possibly if I wanted to actually deal with the hassle. Having someone show up to my house with a flat bed and a check for an already agreed on price sure sounds convenient though. :D Next oil change (which is every 1.5-2mo now that I'm back to driving 50mi/day for work again...) I'll probably stop by CarMax to see what their offer is.
In addition to my truck shown a couple pages up, my wife's old car was bought at Carvana and her new one was too. Last month, she sold them her old car while simultaneously buying a new one. On the same day, they brought in the new car, unloaded it, we signed all the sale and purchase documents, took the car for a spin while the guy loaded up the old one, chit-chatted for a few minutes and he left. Thought the buy-back offer was more than reasonable and the whole transaction from tagging the new car on the website to the guy driving off was probably less than 90 minutes of actual interaction.

Will temper the good experiences with both my truck and the wife's new car were delivered late. They contacted us each time though. My truck had two small blems that were noted on the website. When they were getting it off the hauler they scratched it again so they fixed that and the other two blems during the delay week. Wife's Telluride was delayed by a shipping bottleneck out of Cali.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
In addition to my truck shown a couple pages up, my wife's old car was bought at Carvana and her new one was too. Last month, she sold them her old car while simultaneously buying a new one. On the same day, they brought in the new car, unloaded it, we signed all the sale and purchase documents, took the car for a spin while the guy loaded up the old one, chit-chatted for a few minutes and he left. Thought the buy-back offer was more than reasonable and the whole transaction from tagging the new car on the website to the guy driving off was probably less than 90 minutes of actual interaction.

Will temper the good experiences with both my truck and the wife's new car were delivered late. They contacted us each time though. My truck had two small blems that were noted on the website. When they were getting it off the hauler they scratched it again so they fixed that and the other two blems during the delay week. Wife's Telluride was delayed by a shipping bottleneck out of Cali.
A former coworker of mine sold 2 cars to Carvana and said it was a good experience and super easy. Not sure how I feel about buying from them but at the same time, I ordered my car (which was a year 1 model for that generation) from a dealer and the first time I even SAT in one was when mine arrived 3mo later. The same could possibly happen if I decide to get the next gen.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So…I got this orange and black “loyal and true” wrangler Jk standard trans…maybe love is too dramatic …but it’s a lot of fun to drive a standard Jeep. Go Pokes!

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Oh, I get that. A quick search showed quite a few STI's around your mileage (and I know you took damn good care of it) listed at $29k and greater. I'm just a chinchy butt and would personally take on the hassle (rather than leave that kind of money on the table).

You got me curious though so I ran both of my vehicles thru Carvana's algorithm... they would offer me $26k for my 2014 FJ Cruiser (with 110k on the odometer). That's actually not a bad deal as the market for it is probably $28-30k. And lol, I only paid $32k for it in 2017 with 20k miles on it.

But they would only offer $9k on my 2006 GTO. Which is WAY OFF the market on that car.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Oh, I get that. A quick search showed quite a few STI's around your mileage (and I know you took damn good care of it) listed at $29k and greater. I'm just a chinchy butt and would personally take on the hassle (rather than leave that kind of money on the table).

You got me curious though so I ran both of my vehicles thru Carvana's algorithm... they would offer me $26k for my 2014 FJ Cruiser (with 110k on the odometer). That's actually not a bad deal as the market for it is probably $28-30k. And lol, I only paid $32k for it in 2017 with 20k miles on it.

But they would only offer $9k on my 2006 GTO. Which is WAY OFF the market on that car.
Yeah, Carvana doesn't like cars that are any older than about 10yrs. I'm honestly surprised it actually even quoted your GTO.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Yeah, Carvana doesn't like cars that are any older than about 10yrs. I'm honestly surprised it actually even quoted your GTO.
Yeah I was surprised too. They're a weird niche collector-like market, like the g8 and Chevy SS. Only people who actually want one really pay attention to them or purchase them. It's actually kind of silly to spend more for a GTO, g8, or SS than you would a (newer and better performing) Mustang or Camaro. Those are plentiful and somewhat inexpensive.

But for some odd reason, my 2006 GTO is worth pretty much EXACTLY what I paid for it in 2007. :derp::lol: Zero depreciation.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
So a guy came up to my door this evening saying he buys and sells trucks. Asked me if I was interested in selling my S10. Am I crazy for saying no?? I'll be 35 this year and my dad bought it when I was in middle school then gave it to me when I graduated high school. No, I don't drive it hardly and it doesn't even start right now but man, I just can't imagine parting with it.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
So a guy came up to my door this evening saying he buys and sells trucks. Asked me if I was interested in selling my S10. Am I crazy for saying no?? I'll be 35 this year and my dad bought it when I was in middle school then gave it to me when I graduated high school. No, I don't drive it hardly and it doesn't even start right now but man, I just can't imagine parting with it.
Nope. Hang on to it. I'd give my left leg to have any of my Dad's old trucks.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Nope. Hang on to it. I'd give my left leg to have any of my Dad's old trucks.
I told my younger brother and he goes "You'd better not have sold it to him! You wouldn't even sell it to ME!!" lol. Really, I think selling/giving it to my brother would be the only way I would willingly lose possession of it. An act of God will have to TAKE it from me otherwise.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
A former coworker of mine sold 2 cars to Carvana and said it was a good experience and super easy. Not sure how I feel about buying from them but at the same time, I ordered my car (which was a year 1 model for that generation) from a dealer and the first time I even SAT in one was when mine arrived 3mo later. The same could possibly happen if I decide to get the next gen.
They pick one up from me on Monday. I sold my Lincoln MKZ with 64k on it. I feel the offer was fair and it seems to be going smooth so far.