Your Mom Goes to College (game day sign)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Sounding like delay in announcing week 13. My guess is it could be in Auburn vs Alabama since we could play OU twice. They may wait until the Big 12 Championship game and have Gameday in Arlington. Many don’t want Gameday here in Stillwater next week during Thanksgiving weekend as it seems to be similar to the Sports Illustrated Curse or the Heisman Curse.

turnpike17

Matty Light
A/V Subscriber
Nov 13, 2011
SE OK
Sounding like delay in announcing week 13. My guess is it could be in Auburn vs Alabama since we could play OU twice. They may wait until the Big 12 Championship game and have Gameday in Arlington. Many don’t want Gameday here in Stillwater next week during Thanksgiving weekend as it seems to be similar to the Sports Illustrated Curse or the Heisman Curse.
No chance in hell they won’t be at UGA-Bama on championship weekend. Auburn just got beat by SC without their QB. The Iron Bowl is not what it was at the beginning of the year. They are coming here, like it or not.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Bedlam is the ABC primetime game. We are in the CCG and can knock uo out with a win and Baylor win.
Bank it, they'll be in Stillwater.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
sporting news predictions:
GameDay" has three games to consider for its Week 13 visit, depending on how Week 12 plays out. The most obvious of those is No. 4 Ohio State at No. 6 Michigan. The game could very well determine the Big Ten East champion and, by extension, the Big Ten champion outright. Another option is Bedlam, between No. 13 Oklahoma and No. 9 Oklahoma State in Stillwater. It's possible the game features the Sooners and Cowboys as one-loss opponents; it could also be the first of two meetings this season. The meeting between No. 2 Alabama and Auburn in the Iron Bowl is also worth visiting, though the SEC West race could already be decided by then.

Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Here’s what is predicted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...where-espn-college-gameday-nov-140201907.html
OKstate often loses when Gameday is in Stillwater as it seems Baylor and OU beat us when we had Gameday. It seems OU has been in Gameday frequently this year and they were in the Fox noon kickoff yesterday. I guess they will announce today.
Man, whoever wrote that is delusional. Looks like a message board post. Top pick was Oregon at Oregon State with OU at OSU as runner-up. Why pick the Civil War game over Bedlam? May be a good game but Oregon State is like 7-4 this year and not ranked.

He also mentions wanting it to be held in Starkville Mississippi for the Egg Bowl on the morning of Thanksgiving. What?! That is never going to happen. They can’t decide to go there, drive their stuff down from Ohio, set everything up and be ready for a Thursday game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Odd that the article was written before this weekend's games. Oregon lost, so they're actually predicting Bedlam.

Also odd is they repeatedly refer to the game as "OU Sooners vs. Oklahoma State football."
And there is more things odd about it than that. That can’t be a paid writer for Yahoo Sports.

Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
The Ohio State vs Michigan game is in Ann Arbor, and it’ll be a top 5 matchup. Even if Fox is there, I would imagine GameDay is as well.
They were just at an Ohio State game last week against Michigan State. They won’t do Ohio State back to back, they need new storylines to fill their 3 hours of airtime.

Also, that game last week was garbage and the game this week will likely be a blowout too. Michigan and Michigan State and very average teams despite their records. Michigan State’s only ranked win is over Michigan and Michigan’s only ranked win is over Wisconsin, who was 1-2 and reeling at the time they played. The rest are cupcakes. Really pisses me off that either of them was ranked in front of OSU. They should be down where OU is, their results in their schedule are very similar. Basically one quality win each.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Here’s what is predicted:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...where-espn-college-gameday-nov-140201907.html
OKstate often loses when Gameday is in Stillwater as it seems Baylor and OU beat us when we had Gameday. It seems OU has been in Gameday frequently this year and they were in the Fox noon kickoff yesterday. I guess they will announce today.
Man, whoever wrote that is delusional. Looks like a message board post. Top pick was Oregon at Oregon State with OU at OSU as runner-up. Why pick the Civil War game over Bedlam? May be a good game but Oregon State is like 7-4 this year and not ranked.

He also mentions wanting it to be held in Starkville Mississippi for the Egg Bowl on the morning of Thanksgiving. What?! That is never going to happen. They can’t decide to go there, drive their stuff down from Ohio, set everything up and be ready for a Thursday game.

They could have already sent the stuff yesterday and make the announcement today. If they wanted they could then go from there to Stillwater for bedlam.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Mar 30, 2005
7 Island Suite