Wuhan Coronavirus

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Curious we are talking all this death and destruction from the virus. Does anyone know what happened to cimmeron. He was older been gone for a little over a year now.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Dude you are flat fucking twisted. No other way to describe it. I'm flat fucking pissed at Trump right now for all my rights that he signed away with the CARE bill. But your shit is off the deep end crazy as fuck.
That's an interesting take.

I'd agree with Townie here. Right now a lot of everyday politics are meaningless and if we get real leadership going forward with this that's going to be more important to people than partisan disagreements 6 months ago.

And let's be honest, Trump could piss on your shoes and you still aren't gonna vote for Biden in the general. That's fine, people have their political preferences, but no matter how angry you are now, you will fall in line. I'm the same way-he could personally cure this thing tomorrow and hand deliver me a $20K stimulus check but I won't vote for him in November. Thats just the way it is.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Dude you are flat fucking twisted. No other way to describe it. I'm flat fucking pissed at Trump right now for all my rights that he signed away with the CARE bill. But your shit is off the deep end crazy as fuck.
I doubt it. Blame the crap on who Gallup polled. Gallup poll found that Trump got a stunning 60% approval rating on his handling of the virus crisis a week ago when he had hardly begun taking it more seriously. Also 49% of U.S. adults, up from 44% earlier this month, approve of the job Trump is doing as president. Neither will I be surprised if that figure crosses over to 50%+.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
As you may have surmised I’m reasonably familiar with the act. I’m curious what rights you had signed away, added debt sure, liberties?
I’ve read the entire act, I didn’t see anything that was an overreach in this situation (specific to this act) and I think I qualify as a guy who sounds the alarm anytime I think my liberties are under siege. I’m far more concerned with what my local and state gvt have imposed on me than anything the fed gvt has done.
I’d also ask people to go back and look at what who (that safeguard of our taxpayer dollars by way of the un) told everyone on Jan 14th, also look at the timeline of when the administration began taking action. Hint, what most think they know, they really don’t.

ksupoke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
Curious we are talking all this death and destruction from the virus. Does anyone know what happened to cimmeron. He was older been gone for a little over a year now.
He’s fine, obviously in the Idaho region if I told you what he was doing you’d want to be nice to him to get a friends & family discount.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
As you may have surmised I’m reasonably familiar with the act. I’m curious what rights you had signed away, added debt sure, liberties?
I’ve read the entire act, I didn’t see anything that was an overreach in this situation (specific to this act) and I think I qualify as a guy who sounds the alarm anytime I think my liberties are under siege. I’m far more concerned with what my local and state gvt have imposed on me than anything the fed gvt has done.
I’d also ask people to go back and look at what who (that safeguard of our taxpayer dollars by way of the un) told everyone on Jan 14th, also look at the timeline of when the administration began taking action. Hint, what most think they know, they really don’t.
How concerned are you about local ordinances? If I remember right you live in or near San Francisco and that would put you on a fairly strict lockdown right now.

I'm in a rural hotspot-25 confirmed local cases as of today which aside from the Twin Cities and Rochester makes us the most affected county in Minnesota. We have a Mayo affiliate hospital that started drive through testing two weeks ago, so it's more likely that we are testing more people here than we have an unusually high rate of infection, but the numbers are what they are. From what I've learned there is a cluster from one church in town and that is the reason for our community spread.

Here, it's a pretty standard state mandate. No church or school until mid May, essential business are open, and gatherings are limited to 10 or less with possible fines if local authorities deem necessary. It's inconvenient but with current circumstances not draconian.

Is that really different where you are or are the local authorities shutting things down in a way middle America needs to be concerned about?

ksupoke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
How concerned are you about local ordinances? If I remember right you live in or near San Francisco and that would put you on a fairly strict lockdown right now.

I'm in a rural hotspot-25 confirmed local cases as of today which aside from the Twin Cities and Rochester makes us the most affected county in Minnesota. We have a Mayo affiliate hospital that started drive through testing two weeks ago, so it's more likely that we are testing more people here than we have an unusually high rate of infection, but the numbers are what they are. From what I've learned there is a cluster from one church in town and that is the reason for our community spread.

Here, it's a pretty standard state mandate. No church or school until mid May, essential business are open, and gatherings are limited to 10 or less with possible fines if local authorities deem necessary. It's inconvenient but with current circumstances not draconian.

Is that really different where you are or are the local authorities shutting things down in a way middle America needs to be concerned about?
We’ve been under it since mar17 when the initial 6 Bay Area counties were placed under a SIPO.
I’m not upset with the restrictions by and large, there are some elements that I do feel were unnecessary and certainly unconstitutional. I am far more concerned with the lack of planning and coordination associated with the local and subsequent state order and how they implemented programs without consideration of the consequences.
That’s what I meant earlier when I said the CARES act was written by business people, these SIPOs were written and enacted by politicians and phos who are if not politicians are certainly politically motivated.
Today our SIPO became far more stringent, that’s good and now that there’s financial relief on the way can be managed.
In terms of worry, not really the reason our order became more strict is that a number of people were simply ignoring it.
The other ridiculous element is the testing stations, in Hayward, there’s a station that the county implemented, the news made a huge deal that 25% of the testees tested positive and how great this was, they made ‘literally’ no mention of the fact that the other 75% who tested negative had now been exposed to people now known to be positive.
I firmly believe that almost all of the gvt in Ca at every level are natives of Iowa, idiots out wandering around.

Last edited:

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
The bill is 880 pages the pages specific to this are between pages 40 & 50. There are 2 reference periods you can choose 1, you are eligible for 2.5x’s the avg ‘qualified’ payroll for the reference period you choose but you can’t choose payroll from 1 period and fte’s from a different period, it’s not quite as simple as entirely forgiven but it’s close. The underwriting requirements are almost none and the lending institution doesn’t have to account for the loan in their cash reserves because it’s 100% guaranteed by the federal gvt.
I can damn near quote this chapter and verse, there are some conditions around it, but again even those are minimal.
I posted on this a week ago while it was being debated, the bill has no changes to what the senate passed. It’s a great bill, it’s not perfect but from a business pov both large and small it’s a fantastic program. It wasn’t written by pols it was written by businessmen and women and it shows. If you have more specific questions I’d be more than happy to answer them.
add:
in terms of big business you’re mistaken there are more conditions on co’s over 500 than there are on co’s under 500.
executive comp caps, income caps, no buybacks, significantly tighter underwriting requirements and many more.
I appreciate the information, it is really helpful. It looks like I was wrong, and will eat crow on part of my assertion.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
We’ve been under it since mar17 when the initial 6 Bay Area counties were placed under a SIPO.
I’m not upset with the restrictions by and large, there are some elements that I do feel were unnecessary and certainly unconstitutional. I am for more concerned with the lack of planning and coordination associated with the local and subsequent state order and how they implemented programs without consideration of the consequences.
That’s what I meant earlier when I said the CARES act was written by business people, these SIPOs were written and enacted by politicians and phos who are if not politicians are certainly politically motivated.
Today our SIPO became far more stringent, that’s good and now that there’s financial relief on the way can be managed.
In terms of worry, not really the reason our order became more strict is that a number of people were simply ignoring it.
I agree on lack of planning. With us citations are delivered by the county but the sheriff said on social media he's confused by what that means. Everyone is supposed to stay at home except for essential businesses. It's ag country so 75% of the county's workforce is essential. Its kinda hard to enforce a lockdown when everyone that gets pulled over has some sort of documentation saying they are headed to essential work.

And I'm not saying the county is pulling people off the road. I live on my town's main street and traffic hasn't changed that much. I am practicing self isolation as best I can but from what I see plenty of people are driving and doing things right now.

ksupoke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
I appreciate the information, it is really helpful. It looks like I was wrong, and will eat crow on part of my assertion.
You don’t need to explain, you didn’t know, believe me when I say, I don’t know much about anything, this just happens to be something I am a little familiar with. If I had to apologize or explain every time I was mistaken I’d spend every waking hour apologizing and explaining and that ain’t going to happen, it’s never my intent to offend it’s also never my concern if I do.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I doubt it. Blame the crap on who Gallup polled. Gallup poll found that Trump got a stunning 60% approval rating on his handling of the virus crisis a week ago when he had hardly begun taking it more seriously. Also 49% of U.S. adults, up from 44% earlier this month, approve of the job Trump is doing as president. Neither will I be surprised if that figure crosses over to 50%+.
I would say those people realize that China and the WHO had the entire world duped as to the seriousness of this disease and that once we realized there were problems with what they were saying, Trump actually did things to try and mitigate the disaster.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
2020 is, for me, continues to be a year of MAJOR change...However God has a way of showing up when we need change and he has in 2020 in strange and unexpected ways...He desires that we know we aren't in control and he actually has a plan for each of our lives personally. Don't discount this, he cares about each of you specifically and passionately. We can be a tool and arrogant OR a good humble person but he still loves us all equally...it's not about us...we could do anything, even evil things that he despises, yet he forgives the contrite heart...Think about the fact that we are finite and that our money and health cannot save us from uncontrollable events...He created us all and desires a relationship personally so the things that humble us are actually a blessing, not a curse. To whom will you turn?

Romans 8:38-39
Romans 3:23
Romans 6:23
Romans 5:28
Romans 10:9-10
Romans 10:13