Wrestling vs UNI

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 6, 2014
Harris loses and drops to 4-7 on the year and we lose the dual to freakin Northern Iowa. I don't blame him he is severely outweighed every match and should be at 197. How does a program like Oklahoma State have NOBODY to put in at heavyweight???? Penn State loses their heavyweight champ Cassar to injury and plug in a stud who will probably be an All American this year

Sep 3, 2019
Stillwater, Ok
Harris loses and drops to 4-7 on the year and we lose the dual to freakin Northern Iowa. I don't blame him he is severely outweighed every match and should be at 197. How does a program like Oklahoma State have NOBODY to put in at heavyweight???? Penn State loses their heavyweight champ Cassar to injury and plug in a stud who will probably be an All American this year
We got put into a pretty tough spot when Kervliet bailed.

Apr 14, 2009
The O-State Wrestling team is not even in Penn State’s universe!

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I've had a great deal of experience wrestling as an under-sized heavyweight. My junior and senior year I weighed about 195 and wrestled HW because there was no 190 or 220 lb class at the time. I don't understand what Harris has been doing at all.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
We were counting on a transfer that due to unforeseen circumstances did not make it to the team yet.

Apr 14, 2009
Someone is not getting the job done.
How many years since the last national championship? They have let the old time cowboy wrestlers down. It’s been trending down for almost 10 years. The AD really Needs to address this trend.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
And I will stand by my statement. Pennsylvania State would destroy the Cowboys in a dual meeting.
I just hope we can compete with Iowa State today.
This probably is accurate, but not by as much as you probably think..

125: Piccinnini vs ??? - Picc wins by at least a major. 4-0
133: Witcraft vs RBY - RBY by dec. 4-3
141: Hone vs Nick Lee - Lee by major. 4-7
149: Boo vs Jerod Verkleeren - Boo by major. 8-7
157: Sheets vs ??? - Sheets by decision. 11-7
165: Wittlake vs Vencenzo Joseph - Joseph by decision. 11-10
174: Smith vs Mark Hall - Hall by decision. 11-13
184: Montalvo vs Brooks - Brooks by decision. 11-16
197: Geer vs Rasheed - Geer by decision. 14-16
HWT: Harris vs Nevills - Nevills by decision. 14-19

Now... put two of our starters that are out back in? Reverse that 133 match because Fix for sure gets a decision over RBY. 17-16 in favor of the Pokes.

Gfeller has also pinned and won by decision the two times he has wrestled Nick Lee. So if a decision holds... that's 20-13 in favor of the Pokes.

The team did not wrestle well against UNI. Can't deny that.

But this team is not far from being on the podium in 2020 and winning the whole thing in 21 or 22.