Wrestling question

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
WVU hired a proven coach from edinburgh who also brought his assistants with him. Some of WVu's best returning wrestlers and recruits left. How long will it take for flynn to get wvu to where he had edinburgh?

Dec 21, 2008
Edinboro. Usually coaches like this get around 5ish yrs to see results. Like in Norman it all depends on recruiting. Some guys can sell a program some guys can’t. Only so many potential NCAA All American type kids out there who go to the top 10 universities then there is a huge batch of kids who develop late or transfer in etc. Theres solid talent out east but you start battling rising programs like UNC VTech and NCST.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Well... Flynn came from Edinboro... But it really just depends on how well he can recruit Western PA and Ohio. There are plenty of blue chip prospects in the region to make WVU relevant in wrestling, and he has resources that will probably allow him to build something better than what he had at Edinoboro, which was damn good.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
I hope in the next 2 years, with uo deciding that they can't compete the big 12 needs some more competitive programs. No offense but NIU should not be #2 in the big 12

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

the truth

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2004
I hope in the next 2 years, with uo deciding that they can't compete the big 12 needs some more competitive programs. No offense but NIU should not be #2 in the big 12

And where would u go and who would u ask to join? That ship has sailed.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma

And where would u go and who would u ask to join? That ship has sailed.
I wouldn't go anywhere I would like to see the league be more competitive. Iowa State, uo, west Virginia are very capable of being more competitive than they have been. I don't want the league to make moves.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

UNI dedicates more to wrestling than almost anybody.... Just because the rest of their sports are in a different conference doesn't mean they can't be relevant or even great in wrestling. Since Iowa has traditionally produced so many great wrestlers and Iowa State sucks it only makes sense that UNI would be really good. It doesn't hurt us that they're the #2 program right now.

Also... NIU is Northern Illinois.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma

UNI dedicates more to wrestling than almost anybody.... Just because the rest of their sports are in a different conference doesn't mean they can't be relevant or even great in wrestling. Since Iowa has traditionally produced so many great wrestlers and Iowa State sucks it only makes sense that UNI would be really good. It doesn't hurt us that they're the #2 program right now.

Also... NIU is Northern Illinois.
My bad and apologies for confusing UNI with NIU. I'm glad that they're competitive and really put in a lot to their wrestling program. I didn't mean for my comments to be a slight against UNI or any of the smaller programs that are now in the big 12, I was commenting about how some of the programs that have challenged in the past are pretty weak now.