Wrestling Pokes visiting Air Force and Wyoming on Saturday

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
So how will that impact the time he has left at OSU? Didn’t he already redshirt?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Olympic redshirt. He will have three more seasons to wrestle.

There's a thought that he could drop to 125 next season so that the lineup goes Fix, Brock, G(?), Boo, which is an absolute murderers row... If G is in the lineup...

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
So how will that impact the time he has left at OSU? Didn’t he already redshirt?

There's a thought that he could drop to 125 next season so that the lineup goes Fix, Brock, G(?), Boo, which is an absolute murderers row... If G is in the lineup...
Thanks

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I’m trying to listen to the radio broadcast. It’s maddening. It’s not Rex. It is his garbage equipment he drags with him. It would suck in the 50’s. It has to stop
It's the same way for baseball and when he does gameday live @ Eskimo Joe's broadcasts.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
It's the same way for baseball and when he does gameday live @ Eskimo Joe's broadcasts.

Yep. I don’t even listen to game day live anymore. Can’t understand a single word said. I’m sure it is kspi’s equipment or maybe Rex won’t change so he doesn’t have to relearn, I don’t know but someone has to say something

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Yep. I don’t even listen to game day live anymore. Can’t understand a single word said. I’m sure it is kspi’s equipment or maybe Rex won’t change so he doesn’t have to relearn, I don’t know but someone has to say something
It's not kspi, because John and Dave always sound fine. I think rex uses a setup that is older and doesn't want to change for some reason. My old high school has broadcasts that sound better than him. And they are a western Oklahoma 4a school.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
It's not kspi, because John and Dave always sound fine. I think rex uses a setup that is older and doesn't want to change for some reason. My old high school has broadcasts that sound better than him. And they are a western Oklahoma 4a school.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
Dave and John are network. Not kspi. Kspi is the network affiliate. I think it is either rex’s or kspi’s stuff

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
He's looked good the past few matches, like maybe he's healthy in the first time in forever. His legs look like oak trees.

Geer plain ran out of gas.
Thought the whole team ran out of gas in Laramie with the exception of Witcraft and Joe.

Joe looks healthy but he could easily be a 165... If you know what I'm saying. But Hastings is a very quality opponent that Joe kinda handled. I think there's reason to be optimistic for his post season.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Are there any plans to bring in Brock for Heavyweight by the Big 12 Tournament? Seems like if he were going to contribute he needs some matches before then.
John said he did not want him out there before he felt he was in good enough conditioning as being gassed is when injuries tend to happen more. Basically they are letting it all ride on Brock doing well enough at the conference tournament to get a slot to nationals. I guess its is a challenge to get him in shape fast enough and still get him some matches before the tournament.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
John said he did not want him out there before he felt he was in good enough conditioning as being gassed is when injuries tend to happen more. Basically they are letting it all ride on Brock doing well enough at the conference tournament to get a slot to nationals. I guess its is a challenge to get him in shape fast enough and still get him some matches before the tournament.
I would like to see Coach fire him out there against the goons next Sunday. Their heavyweight is a 6-15 freshman. That should tell how "dual ready" he is, against what should be an inferior opponent. Sit him against Iowa (Top 5 heavyweight) unless he really progresses in the practice room between now and then and turn him loose at the Big XII tournament and see what happens.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2014

I've always assumed he would be going 125 next year since he is basically making the weight now for the olympics. The thought of an undefeated 3x national champ (Spencer Lee) against a returning Fix in the NCAA finals next year has be drooling. (Poor Spencer is gonna end his college career the same way his high school career ended, losing in the finals while going for his 4th title....)

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I think that's more by his choosing. He's for sure carrying a little extra that John Smith usually demands guys to cut.

I sure wish he would change that mentality... But it is what it is.
Not sure what you mean "by his choosing". I don't think he chose to look slow against the competition at 164 last year.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I think he could be quicker if he wanted to be.
You can definitely tell when he gets pissed off during a match. It is like he flips a switch and everything changes in his favor. Killer instinct shows through.
I agree with that second statement, but I don't see him necessarily getting quicker.