WR Health

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
This is exactly what’s got me On pins and needles. Really hope we get Martin back at least
Seeing that Tay did attempt to play vs Tulsa I’m hoping that he’s back. I’m confused on Braydon, I thought I saw on here he was out fof the season but I haven’t seen that anywhere else. No idea on Bray’s status or the Green twin that got hurt during the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
from Gundy’s press conference today. Who did we lose for the year on offense? It sounds like he’s prepping excuses for a miserable season

ON WHAT HE ANTICIPATES IN A MATCHUP WITH KANSAS STATE:
"We'll be in a fourth quarter game. We're gonna be in fourth-quarter games from here on out. We lost some pretty good firepower for the year on offense, and so you're trying to do the best you can to manage and work together as a team, and rush the football and use the clock and keep the defense off the field, play good special teams. You try to find a way to win the game, other than just saying, 'You know, we have guys injured, I don't know what we can do.' So, you know it's just like what happened Saturday, we rushed the football effectively enough. We had the ball 21 and a half minutes in the second half, so they only had it nine game minutes. We were really good at target punting in special teams, and that's what won the game for us."

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
from Gundy’s press conference today. Who did we lose for the year on offense? It sounds like he’s prepping excuses for a miserable season

"We'll be in a fourth quarter game. We're gonna be in fourth-quarter games from here on out. We lost some pretty good firepower for the year on offense, and so you're trying to do the best you can to manage and work together as a team, and rush the football and use the clock and keep the defense off the field, play good special teams. You try to find a way to win the game, other than just saying, 'You know, we have guys injured, I don't know what we can do.' So, you know it's just like what happened Saturday, we rushed the football effectively enough. We had the ball 21 and a half minutes in the second half, so they only had it nine game minutes. We were really good at target punting in special teams, and that's what won the game for us."

It sucks that KSU lost their starting QB but I'm not upset he isn't in this one. It's out defense stopping Duece Vaughn versus their defense stopping Warren and Sanders. I really like our odds there, especially if the non injured WR's get a little time to gel as a unit.

It's almost like we are prepping for the possible move to the B1G.

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama

It sucks that KSU lost their starting QB but I'm not upset he isn't in this one. It's out defense stopping Duece Vaughn versus their defense stopping Warren and Sanders. I really like our odds there, especially if the non injured WR's get a little time to gel as a unit.

Yeah, KSU should be a good game….just the way he worded all that, does not bode well for the big games later on and sounds like he does not want the fanbase to be expecting a big 12 contender. Mostly with that “fourth quarter games from here on out” and “lost a lot of firepower for the year” That sounds to me like he wants to try to win every game 3-0. If he’s able to get us to Arlington doing that, then double his salary, but color me extremely skeptical

the only offensive player Ive seen that may be out for the year is braydon Johnson, which no doubt sucks, but that shouldn’t torpedo all expectations for the offense

Last edited:

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Yeah, KSU should be a good game….just the way he worded all that, does not bode well for the big games later on and sounds like he does not want the fanbase to be expecting a big 12 contender. Mostly with that “fourth quarter games from here on out” and “lost a lot of firepower for the year” That sounds to me like he wants to try to win every game 3-0. If he’s able to get us to Arlington doing that, then double his salary, but color me extremely skeptical
I don't disagree with what you said, but after the Miami game I thought Pressly and Owens as our top 2 would be pretty decent for a couple of years. Hopefully he is playing opossum.

I'm not thinking it's Arlington or bust but going into the season I thought we were an 8 win team at least. I don't know if I'm still there but I'm not doom and gloom because we are having to rely on defense to win games.

ArizonaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011

Certainly sounds like he is trying to lower expectations for the fan base. Makes it sounds like all he can do is patchwork coaching. I think most coaches would position injury situations more as next man up instead of focusing on the limitations of the team. I think when a coach takes this approach it runs the risk of lowering the expectations of the players as well.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

I'm worried about that asthmatic 130 lb freshman that shows up Saturday to qb them. He will jump into the Heisman race immediately.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
k-state's qb is will howard. skylar thompson is kaput for now.

will is a cheeky 18-year old from eastern pennsylvania. 6'4, 235#. he came to manhattan because coach klieman developed a similar-sized qb at north dakota state later with the eagles, carson wentz.

you will think collin klien when you see howard out there. he's not the runner ck was but has a better throwing motion. he had a solid game v. nevada. but he's struggled with confidence as many youngsters do on the big stage.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Certainly sounds like he is trying to lower expectations for the fan base. Makes it sounds like all he can do is patchwork coaching. I think most coaches would position injury situations more as next man up instead of focusing on the limitations of the team. I think when a coach takes this approach it runs the risk of lowering the expectations of the players as well.
It's ok, lower expectations are fine. It's not like we pay him millions of dollars a year and spent a sizable percentage of a billion dollars on facility upgrades.