Women's Golf Regional at Karsten

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Top 5 are 9 shots clear of 6th. We're 10 shots ahead of 6th. On our home course. 15 shots behind Baylor. I'm thinking we don't have the horses this year to make a run.

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA
Top 5 are 9 shots clear of 6th. We're 10 shots ahead of 6th. On our home course. 15 shots behind Baylor. I'm thinking we don't have the horses this year to make a run.
Not anymore we don't. We were the prohibitive favorite until our top two players both suddenly decided to leave mid-semester. I still want to know what really happened there.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Not anymore we don't. We were the prohibitive favorite until our top two players both suddenly decided to leave mid-semester. I still want to know what really happened there.
I read an article on Fierro today. Basically, she didn’t like Stillwater and felt she had no life/friends outside of golf. I think COVID had a lot to do with us losing her. No idea on McGintey(?). I searched her after I read that article and crickets. I don’t think she’s even chosen a new school.

Jun 20, 2013
I read an article on Fierro today. Basically, she didn’t like Stillwater and felt she had no life/friends outside of golf. I think COVID had a lot to do with us losing her. No idea on McGintey(?). I searched her after I read that article and crickets. I don’t think she’s even chosen a new school.
I think there was more to it than that. Fierro plastered OSU stuff all over her page, and McGinty was winning and posting how much things were going in the right direction. More importantly, Fierro was baptized in Stillwater. Presumably when someone has a life altering experience like that, there is usually a lasting emotional tie tie a place.

Also really interesting that they would transfer out mid season. They can't even play this year. Something had to be the straw that broke the camels back.

There's been something interesting happening in women's collegiate sports this year.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
The fact that the coach and admin said they would be requiring some level of in person class, as opposed to 100% online, should tell you a lot.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Whoa. I just found out only the top 4 advance out of our regional. The way we are playing (on our home course!) makes that pretty tenuous. We're one shot clear of 5th. So basically we're one bad hole from being on the wrong side of the cut line. The way this season has gone in the crapper (see above), I kind of expect us to blow this. Hopefully the ladies pull it together, finish strong today, and make a mini run at nationals. Expecting a repeat of last year is probably not fair to the team, but if they can make the first cut at 15 at nationals, I'd consider that a successful finish to the season. If they can somehow make the match play portion, the season would be resounding success. Let's hope the gals brought their shovels are about to start digging deep.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
If schadenfreude is all we have this season, take solace is the fact the Ole Miss is 12 shots out in their regional and OU is 20 shots out. Texas A&M is 3 back. The only hosts even close to not qualifying are unranked New Mexico State (23 shots out) and OSU (now 2 shots clear of the cut line.).

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Forgot how excruciating this is. It seems like there are huge swings every 10 minutes. I guess that's what Karsten Creek does to them. 3rd place and 5 shots clear right now.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Barring a meltdown on the last two holes or a bunch of birdies by Mich State on the last two holes, it looks like we'll survive and advance. Fortunately, MSU is playing worse than us. And damn Auburn. Where did that come from? Thank God for Hinson-Tolchard. She's all that is keeping us from being the laughing stock of women's golf. Of course, nobody really pays attention to women's golf, so it wouldn't go viral or anything like that.

https://results.golfstat.com/public/leaderboards/gsnav.cfm?pg=team&tid=25453

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Baylor had a good showing. Everyone else struggled with the wind and Karsten it seems. 2nd place finish and a trip to the NCAAs.
Tie for 3rd actually, but same end result. And we had the individual champion of the regional. Notable teams that aren't feeling good right now:

Defending national champ Ole Miss
TCU sent (11) Florida and (23) Arizona packing
(24) Texas Tech never really threatened to qualify
2021 semi finalist (21) Duke missed by one stroke. Kind of BS draw they got. #4, 9, 15, and hosting Vanderbilt in their regional.

Jul 9, 2004
Wow. Just saw Auburn fired -12 today. That's impressive.

Yeah, hopefully we can play well enough in Rounds 1 and 2 to qualify for matchplay(top 8). At that point, anybody can go on a run and win it.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Tie for 3rd actually, but same end result. And we had the individual champion of the regional. Notable teams that aren't feeling good right now:

Defending national champ Ole Miss
TCU sent (11) Florida and (23) Arizona packing
(24) Texas Tech never really threatened to qualify
2021 semi finalist (21) Duke missed by one stroke. Kind of BS draw they got. #4, 9, 15, and hosting Vanderbilt in their regional.
Yup. I jumped the gun and thought I'd was final. Seems ASU closed strong and finished 2nd.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I glad we made it despite our top 2 players leaving. I hope they both find what they’re looking for. McGinty situation is different because since she already transferred she has to sit out for a year so she wouldn’t be eligible til fall 2023. Fierro seemed unhappy in Stillwater based on her explanation via instagram.