White Nationalist group re-branding group as "The Christian Taliban"..Vows to make the Handmaid's Tale "and Worse" a reality in the USA

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Unfortunately winning elections right now is all about running "against" something...so the GOP will continue to criticize the commie Democrats and the DNC will continue to criticize the racist Republicans.
Until I read your post I'm not sure I had quite put my finger on this fact, but THIS is exactly why I hate politics. It feels like we vote against something more than we vote for something else. It's fear stirred up by over-the-top demonization of the right or left wing from their counterparts that makes people vote the way they do many times.

What if...we could say I actually don't think the country would fall apart if <politician> was elected but I just think we'll go in a better direction if <politician> was elected. I'm laughing as I type this because even thinking about that feels like a "pie in the sky" idea.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Surely some of the Christian Taliban want the amendment repealed that gave women the right to vote, since they think things started going wrong in this country when that happened. I wonder if they find it surprisingly not too hard at all to find women willing to marry them?

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Right where an unbiased counselor should be.
Thank you, but many of my fellow prosecutors think I am way too far down the libertarian scale and that prosecutors should be further up in the moderate authoritarian end.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
That is frightening.
Law and Order, man.....LAW AND ORDER.

It may also have something to do with the fact that I was a criminal defense lawyer in private practice until I met and married my cop wife.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Law and Order, man.....LAW AND ORDER.

It may also have something to do with the fact that I was a criminal defense lawyer in private practice until I met and married my cop wife.
Being a criminal defense lawyer isn't a bad thing. Even the accused has rights that need to be protected

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Thank you, but many of my fellow prosecutors think I am way too far down the libertarian scale and that prosecutors should be further up in the moderate authoritarian end.
I bet they do. That’s how you know you’re doing it right. When my political statements upset dems and repubs alike, I feel pretty good about said statement.