White cop executed by criminals in Illinois with her own gun

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Not that you need or want my validation, but it just seemed like you were making the same argument about police deaths that many conservatives make about the deaths of black men.
I can ensure no Ill will toward police officers was intended....but trying to convey subtle things is hard to do on a message board. Sometimes things backfire and don't go over as intended. Such is life and I move on

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
I can ensure no Ill will toward police officers was intended....but trying to convey subtle things is hard to do on a message board. Sometimes things backfire and don't go over as intended. Such is life and I move on
I assumed that much. I thought you were trying to add nuance by offering a parallel argument by basically saying that if people really care about the lives of police and the risks they take, they shouldn't brush aside COVID and the sorts of factors that don't typically rev up the outrage machines. In that way, it parallels the arguments that a lot of conservatives make about police shootings of black men. I basically took it as pushing back on viewing police deaths through a heavily partisan lens.