Whistleblowers and the Real Deep State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
Because the Federal Government is taking that money from people before they can donate it. I firmly believe charitable giving would go up if the government didn’t confiscate the money first.
It would definitely increase. We have models/research in Economics that show that result.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Because the Federal Government is taking that money from people before they can donate it. I firmly believe charitable giving would go up if the government didn’t confiscate the money first.
Confiscate is an odd word to use. Sounds like an anarchist speaking, No one loves paying taxes but I don’t want to drive on dirt roads either. Our infrastructure is crumbling, we need more taxes paid. But before we the bulk of the people see an increase let’s get corporations to pay their fair share. Then the top 1%, then the truly rich, then the rich, then the upper middle class, ............... in that order.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
@Pokey sent me this message and then blocks me from replying! LOL!

"You indicated in a post the other day that you are 58 years old, I would have guessed much much younger Act you age. Get a life. Have a nice day!"

Piss off little man. You are sure a fine one to talk about "growing up".

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Confiscate is an odd word to use. Sounds like an anarchist speaking, No one loves paying taxes but I don’t want to drive on dirt roads either. Our infrastructure is crumbling, we need more taxes paid. But before we the bulk of the people see an increase let’s get corporations to pay their fair share. Then the top 1%, then the truly rich, then the rich, then the upper middle class, ............... in that order.
Never underestimate the power of envy.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Never underestimate the power of envy.
Not envious at all, just acknowledging how much everyone’s lives could be improved if everyone paid their fair share. Not buying your class warfare crap, that’s what the rich have waged and won for the past 45 years! Income inequality didn’t occur with a level playing field.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
@Pokey sent me this message and then blocks me from replying! LOL!

"You indicated in a post the other day that you are 58 years old, I would have guessed much much younger Act you age. Get a life. Have a nice day!"

Piss off little man. You are sure a fine one to talk about "growing up".
Probably only second message ever sent. If everything I text is boring. Why do you read it duffas?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Not envious at all, just acknowledging how much everyone’s lives could be improved if everyone paid their fair share. Not buying your class warfare crap, that’s what the rich have waged and won for the past 45 years! Income inequality didn’t occur with a level playing field.
You clearly have no idea how much the rich pay.

Btw, there will always be income inequality in the world, always.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
You clearly have no idea how much the rich pay.

Btw, there will always be income inequality in the world, always.
I do have an idea of what they pay, but it’s nowhere near the 90% of old. Most of our largest corporations pay an effective rate of ZERO. Not fair or patriotic imho.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Doofus, teacher. Like you.

Ala Merriam Webster

doofus
noun
doo·fus
Definition of doofus

slang
: a stupid, incompetent, or foolish person
Sorry to have bruised your perfect eyes. Unlike you I am an imperfect human, not a grammarian, not an English major, just a normal guy. Only you produce perfect text, only you cautiously observe even the unwritten rules of the forum, only you are competent enough to judge every opposing view, and only you deserve the name I reserve for you: PRI-K! And yes, that is a run on sentence Dick!

Brad M

Wrangler
Jan 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Confiscation is defined as a legal form of seizure by a government or other public authority. Sounds pretty accurate to me.
Im of the mindset that I pay enough taxes but I don’t think they are being spent wisely enough. When the government can show me they are being good stewards with my money and they still need more, I may be open to paying more.
Im all for everyone paying their “fair share”. That’s why I’m for a flat tax for everyone. No loopholes, no deductions, no excuses. I don’t want “the rich” to pay a higher percentage than me but I do expect them to pay the same percentage.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Confiscation is defined as a legal form of seizure by a government or other public authority. Sounds pretty accurate to me.
Im of the mindset that I pay enough taxes but I don’t think they are being spent wisely enough. When the government can show me they are being good stewards with my money and they still need more, I may be open to paying more.
Im all for everyone paying their “fair share”. That’s why I’m for a flat tax for everyone. No loopholes, no deductions, no excuses. I don’t want “the rich” to pay a higher percentage than me but I do expect them to pay the same percentage.
Maybe you ought to run for office and fix things. Sorry you see taxes as confiscation. I do not. It’s just a necessary act to produce what no one individual can on their own. Even if I produced a wonderful 150 feet of road in front of my acreage my sorry neighbors wouldn’t. Lol

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Maybe you ought to run for office and fix things. Sorry you see taxes as confiscation. I do not. It’s just a necessary act to produce what no one individual can on their own. Even if I produced a wonderful 150 feet of road in front of my acreage my sorry neighbors wouldn’t. Lol
Then why wouldn't you just replicate with your time, money and effort the same 150 feet of road in front of your sorry neighbors acreage? :confused:

Nov 26, 2006
Seriously, how do so many of you have such great internet from your militia compounds and underground bunkers? Please send me the models of your hotspots, because they must be top notch.

Brad M

Wrangler
Jan 16, 2017
Wisconsin
SOME tax is necessary. EXCESSIVE tax is confiscation. Taxes for the purpose of building or maintaining infrastructure is okay in my book. Taxing me to give to planned parenthood who in turn donates it to Democrat candidates is confiscation. Taxing me to fund the military to defend our country is okay in my book(but don’t get me started on their waste). Taxing me to pay for a prison inmate’s sex change operation is confiscation.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
SOME tax is necessary. EXCESSIVE tax is confiscation. Taxes for the purpose of building or maintaining infrastructure is okay in my book. Taxing me to give to planned parenthood who in turn donates it to Democrat candidates is confiscation. Taxing me to fund the military to defend our country is okay in my book(but don’t get me started on their waste). Taxing me to pay for a prison inmate’s sex change operation is confiscation.
Well all I can say to that is it’s the USA and not Brad M’s world. It’s the dreaded compromise word where we get some of what we want and other things we don’t. America love it or leave it or fix it!