Whiskey Talk

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokit N

Gent of Good Intent
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
Lily Lake, IL
I'm a fan of Noah's Mill... Notice you have a bottle of Smoke Wagon... any thoughts on that? I believe it is out of Vegas and some decent reviews,
I remember liking it but honestly it's been a bit and I can't remember exactly what the "flavor profile" was like.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
I was at Total Wine for the first time in a long time. So I finally got a bottle of Joseph Magnus. The two places I normally go don’t carry it. Pretty pumped about it. Plus picked up some Michter’s US1 bourbon and total wine select series of Makers. Good day at the liquor store.

On a side note, the sales guy had talked me into a bottle of Glen Fohdry 29 year old scotch. Looking back, I‘m kind of glad my wife was with me. At $190 and me not being much of a scotch guy, I’m glad my wife gave me the stink eye and in her own way vetoed that purchase. I liked it alot, but I have a couple of different bottles Macallen already that I like just as much.

Sep 11, 2021
Wisconsin
I'd say try different kinds to see what your like and what you love. I'm partial to single-malt Scotch. I like rye. I really can't drink bourbon. If it turns out you like Scotch (and with other types), you then try different brands to see what suits you. I've had some expensive single-malt Scotch, and if I could afford it, that's all I'd have. But I'm a working man, so I generally drink Dewars.

Dec 18, 2019
Central Oklahoma
I'd say try different kinds to see what your like and what you love. I'm partial to single-malt Scotch. I like rye. I really can't drink bourbon. If it turns out you like Scotch (and with other types), you then try different brands to see what suits you. I've had some expensive single-malt Scotch, and if I could afford it, that's all I'd have. But I'm a working man, so I generally drink Dewars.
Nothing wrong with Dewars. Always have a bottle in my cabinet.