Where will we be ranked?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I think you’re thinking after the semi final. Think about right after the SEC Championship when Bama went for over 500 yds and won comfortably 41-24, and before UGA killed Michigan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get what you're saying, I was puzzled the entire run up to the Championship game as to why UGA was a favorite and the late money then went to Bama, but UGA was still favored going into the game.
Favored only after they destroyed Mich by 4 scores. Doubt the public would have favored them in an immediate rematch with Bama.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Ugh.... yeah it can too be BS. Computer rankings can be just as bad as human poll. It all depends on who wrote the algorithm to set rankings. Case in point. ESPN does a computer ranking named FPI, it still has ISU at 9 and Baylor is down at 15. Even Texas is top 25 in that one. FYI, we are 7 behind OU and then ND.

So takeaway just cause its a computer doesn't mean it's without bias.
At least computer rankings are consistent, unlike human voting which can vary based on a person’s whims and emotions at the time.

Mar 8, 2010
How are tOSU’s wins better than ours and their losses not worse than ours? Computers don’t know squat. They just reflect the input given them and there’s logo biased in the folks feeding the computers. If computers are so infallible then it’s time to hang the 2011 NC banner in BPS!

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
Was stated in another thread that JJ and Antwine were both DTs but played different technique/role/position.
Guess they could have switched and moved around, but they weren't in the same rotation.
Sorry I didn't venture down the endlessness of these threads to look for that information :derp:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
#9, top ranked Big 12 team. No Texas.

ESPN Way-Too-Early Top 25
All they can talk about is how the Aggies lose over half the team on both sides of the ball, their DC, and yet they are ranked that high. Guess they have taken UT's spot as the perennial overrated top 10 team from Texas
But their donors spent millions to buy them a high ranked recruiting class

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dec 12, 2020
OKC
I've been busy lately and haven't heard or read much lately about the final poll. But I've looked at that list of AP voters. Plenty of people had Cincinnati ranked #3?! I know how opinions work, so I know whining is useless, but am I missing something?

Georgia lost to Bama and dropped 2 spots. But Cinci gets destroyed by Bama and drops not a single spot? Bama didn't even win the title, so it's not like that's the reason.

Cinci's best win was the same team we beat too, plus we beat two top 10 teams (and came 3 inches from three wins against top 10 teams). So them staying ahead of us makes me roll my eyes, but them staying ahead of even Baylor and OSU is lunacy...shouldn't even be possible for a team that's supposed to have non-Power 5 bias.

Again, what am I missing?

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I've been busy lately and haven't heard or read much lately about the final poll. But I've looked at that list of AP voters. Plenty of people had Cincinnati ranked #3?! I know how opinions work, so I know whining is useless, but am I missing something?

Georgia lost to Bama and dropped 2 spots. But Cinci gets destroyed by Bama and drops not a single spot? Bama didn't even win the title, so it's not like that's the reason.

Cinci's best win was the same team we beat too, plus we beat two top 10 teams (and came 3 inches from three wins against top 10 teams). So them staying ahead of us makes me roll my eyes, but them staying ahead of even Baylor and OSU is lunacy...shouldn't even be possible for a team that's supposed to have non-Power 5 bias.

Again, what am I missing?
You’re missing the fact that half the voters don’t give a rip about this pole. Its kind of like filling out your March Madness bracket. Do you really want to research and invest time in the 7 v 10 game…or do you just guess based on media hype? And then there’s the political side of it…