Where will we be ranked?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
How much better is one team than the other if the better team gives you 4 turnovers yet still has an amazing opportunity and should have won?...While I understand that day we didn't come out on top...that doesn't mean we weren't the better team...We did pretty much manhandle them in Stillwater even with 3 turnovers...point being, best team doesn't always win.
Love your passion, but your passion places too much emphasis on whatifs. In the end, it is the scoreboard that matters, especially for a team with an uphill battle for media recognition. Voters see the scoreboard and have their biases. We are never (probably) going to win the bias battle so without scoreboard.....

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Aaaaand he doubled down…..
https://twitter.com/bmarcello/status/1480772777950994432?s=21
It's safe to say that any poll produced by this individual at any time is way to early. :rolleyes:

The only explanation I can think of is that he is a massive Jim Knowles fan and believes he was the only reason we did well?

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2012
It's safe to say that any poll produced by this individual at any time is way to early. The only explanation I can think of is that he is a massive Jim Knowles fan and believes he was the only reason we did well?
I am sticking with the above guess that he completely spaced our team and instead of admitting it, he doubled down. I would venture to guess when he does his list (who is this guy anyway?) next summer/fall, we are represented and he knows he will not have to justify having them in then but not now.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I am sticking with the above guess that he completely spaced our team and instead of admitting it, he doubled down. I would venture to guess when he does his list (who is this guy anyway?) next summer/fall, we are represented and he knows he will not have to justify having them in then but not now.
I mean if he completely forgot about us I guess his statement that he is not high on us would stand lol. Oh well, never heard of the guy anyways.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
One other time OSU had consecutive seasons ranked in the top 10.

#10 in the Coaches Poll (#13 AP)

#3 in both the Coaches and AP.

Will next season be the first time Gundy has consecutive seasons ranked in the top 10 in both the AP and Coaches?

#7 in both the Coaches and AP.

Yet to be written......

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So, taking into account guys leaving for the NFL, guys graduating and guys in the portal...what's our roster looking like for 2022/23? QB1 put on a show in the bowl so I'm excited to see what he brings next year. We have experience at QB1 and 2...defensive line...those two areas look like strengths right now. I would guess Kicking game and return game are strengths again next year as well...where do we need improvement or replacements to step in and fill big shoes other than at LB?

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
One other time OSU had consecutive seasons ranked in the top 10.

#10 in the Coaches Poll (#13 AP)

#3 in both the Coaches and AP.

Will next season be the first time Gundy has consecutive seasons ranked in the top 10 in both the AP and Coaches?

#7 in both the Coaches and AP.

Yet to be written......
I would just like to point out that there was a 7 point increase in our final ranking from 2010 compared to 2011. So should the trend repeat.....let's just say the math looks solid.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
So, taking into account guys leaving for the NFL, guys graduating and guys in the portal...what's our roster looking like for 2022/23? QB1 put on a show in the bowl so I'm excited to see what he brings next year. We have experience at QB1 and 2...defensive line...those two areas look like strengths right now. I would guess Kicking game and return game are strengths again next year as well...where do we need improvement or replacements to step in and fill big shoes other than at LB?
Offensive line for sure.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
FWIW, I doubt there were 3 people on the planet that thought UGA was better than Bama on Dec 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Betting lines would suggest otherwise.

I think you’re thinking after the semi final. Think about right after the SEC Championship when Bama went for over 500 yds and won comfortably 41-24, and before UGA killed Michigan.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I think you’re thinking after the semi final. Think about right after the SEC Championship when Bama went for over 500 yds and won comfortably 41-24, and before UGA killed Michigan.

I get what you're saying, I was puzzled the entire run up to the Championship game as to why UGA was a favorite and the late money then went to Bama, but UGA was still favored going into the game.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Just lost Israel Antwine.