Where will we be ranked?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
We entered Bowl season #9.

Teams above us who lost:
#2 Michigan
#4 Cincinnati
#5 Notre Dame.
#8 Ole Miss.

I think we'll be ahead of Ole Miss and Notre Dame. Maybe Cincinnati, but I kind of doubt it. Of course, our win over Notre Dame was the 3rd best of Bowl season so that might give us a lift to get over Cincinnati and/or Michigan. We could also have a chance at moving past #7 Ohio State who only beat #10 Utah by 3 points.

I'm guessing we'll end up #7.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I believe the BCS rankings only go into the bowl season. So it will be AP/Coaches Polls.

I’m guessing 7 maybe 6. Jumping ND Ole Miss and maybe cincy.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
At some point, even the most stubborn person has to look at their computer model and think "hmm, maybe I should tweak some things". Unless of course the intent of the model is to favor some teams over others regardless of results, then of course they will look at their model with pride....but everyone else should consider them a moron.

The fact that ESPN has, does and will continue to use this poll is very telling.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I believe that's their computer model based on season statistics - offensive and defensive efficiencies etc.. that is used to determine the "chance of winning" which is rendered for every game, which also drives their "chances of making the CFP' nonsense. Just a computer with no human opinions other than what to tell the computer which and how certain statistics impact projected results.

Jun 16, 2008
Maryland
I believe that's their computer model based on season statistics - offensive and defensive efficiencies etc.. that is used to determine the "chance of winning" which is rendered for every game, which also drives their "chances of making the CFP' nonsense. Just a computer with no human opinions other than what to tell the computer which and how certain statistics impact projected results.
Yes it is. That's their FPI rankings which is computer based and all kinds of dumb. I think it's also where they get their win percentage predictions... just look at where ISU ended up on the ranking #10. I thought recruiting was a strong factor but that doesn't make sense for ISU. Texas is still way overrated in the ranking.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Yes it is. That's their FPI rankings which is computer based and all kinds of dumb. I think it's also where they get their win percentage predictions... just look at where ISU ended up on the ranking #10. I thought recruiting was a strong factor but that doesn't make sense for ISU. Texas is still way overrated in the ranking.
built in blue blood bias in the "computer" rankings...see what they (E SEC spin) did there?