Where should the Cowboys be ranked? #9 on CFP

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Uh, not really. OU had the game wrapped up. The focus was OU and their path to the CFP. The assumption therein is that they win out.

If it was our broadcast it would’ve been the same but for us. Stop with this “woe is me” crap when it isn’t even applicable.
It's not woe is me to point out the absurdity of the #13 team, fresh off a loss, having a path to #4.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
First ESPN article I've seen admitting Bama might not be a lock to make the playoff. Progress in thinking from the East Coast elite:
College football takeaways - Alabama not a CFP lock, the Pac-12's misfortune and more (espn.com)
With the understanding that we've got to take care of business for 2 weeks here, the worst case is that Bama beats UGA in the SEC CG-they're both in then.

That leaves only 2 spots for tOSU, Cincy, ND & whomever else for the last 2 spots.

Oct 11, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Herbie ain’t on the committee. Most commentators over the last couple of days have a 12-1 B12 champ OSU passing Cincy. It’s all I heard today on ESPNU radio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IF we win out we are in...two top 10 wins is enough to get in...if we don't we will have killed the CFP just as we did the BCS.
I don't disagree with either of you. I'm just amazed a commentator on ESPN would say it openly.

Nov 27, 2011
I almost fainted when I heard The Bear talk tonight on the playoff show about how our 1 loss was controversial due to a bad spot on 4th down. ESPN never acknowledges these kinds of things for us. Things are really turning around.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I almost fainted when I heard The Bear talk tonight on the playoff show about how our 1 loss was controversial due to a bad spot on 4th down. ESPN never acknowledges these kinds of things for us. Things are really turning around.
To be fair, they could have mentioned the Boise scoop and score

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Anybody with a brain knows what the committee SHOULD do, but anybody with a brain also knows that bias has an enormous influence on them. Helmet decals and perceived television draw matter.

Obviously we need bama to lose to have a shot. Then Cincy losing would all but guarantee it. Don't care much about the big 10 one way or the other. Even if Wisconsin wins and knocks the big 10 out, that just opens the door for ND to get in for beating the big 10 champ.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
I always expect the worst and hope for the best……this week game to watch outside of ours is Ohio St/Michigan. If Michigan wins, it will be very hard to make the CFP. It wouldn’t surprise me next week rankings would be:

1 Georgia
2 Bama
3 Michigan
4 Cinn
5 Ohio St or ND
6 ND or Ohio St or OSU
7. OSU or ND

This will open up for a Bama with a close loss to Georgia in their CCG to to stay in the final CFP .

with an Ohio St win, I expect

1. Georgia
2. Ohio St
3. Bama
4 Cinn
5 ND or OSU
6 OSU or ND

Even if Bama lose a close CCG to Georgia, the committee will more than likely be for to drop them out of the Top 4.

I expect the committee to screw us once again.

BTW…IF OU happens to win out, I believe they are on the outside looking in.

Nov 6, 2010
Herbstreit already laying the groundwork for 13-0 Cincinnati in over a 12-1 OSU. Didn't even mention ND. Interesting.
I really have a hard time disagreeing with this. I'd hate to get passed over, but Cincy has proven themselves time and time again. I don't think it comes down to them and us anyway, I think our issue will be Notre Dame, or of course if Alabama beats GA giving the SEC two slots.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Mark it down right now.

If we win Saturday, we’ll be #5 (moving ahead of tOSU v UM loser and ND) heading into championship week.

If we then win the B12 Championship we’ll leapfrog Cincy and move to #3 if Bama loses, # 4 if Bama wins.

Fancy this, if Bama loses and the B1G champion is not tOSU or UM, we’ll probably wind up #2.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Mark it down right now.

If we win Saturday, we’ll be #5 (moving ahead of tOSU v UM loser and ND) heading into championship week.

If we then win the B12 Championship we’ll leapfrog Cincy and move to #3 if Bama loses, # 4 if Bama wins.

Fancy this, if Bama loses and the B1G champion is not tOSU or UM, we’ll probably wind up #2.

I can't see us jumping ND if we both win out. They have all the ingredients to stay ahead of us in that scenario. Our best chance is Bama getting blown out by Georgia and UM losing to tOSU. In that scenario, the battle for the 4th spot in the CFP comes down to OSU, Cincy, and a 2-loss Bama.

Georgia
tOSU
ND
OSU/Cincy/Bama

Jan 14, 2006
Mark it down right now.

This seems to be where it's trending. Obviously I'd take two 1 point victories but a big win in either of the next two wouldn't hurt. tOSU got a big bump from blowing out MSU.