Wheel of Time TV Series Confirmed

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jan 14, 2006
I'm waiting until Wednesday when I get back in town. Reviews don't look great. Casper had me excited.

Anybody else watch? What did you think?

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
I'm waiting until Wednesday when I get back in town. Reviews don't look great. Casper had me excited.

Anybody else watch? What did you think?
It's pretty good. I think they had to condense a little for the first 2 episodes but after that it seems it will start to feel alot better. Episode 3 was really good in terms of flow. If the rest are like episode 3 then this will be a really good start for the series. The reviews are not legit and most are from people review bombing for one reason or another.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It's pretty good. I think they had to condense a little for the first 2 episodes but after that it seems it will start to feel alot better. Episode 3 was really good in terms of flow. If the rest are like episode 3 then this will be a really good start for the series. The reviews are not legit and most are from people review bombing for one reason or another.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
There are aspects in the first 4 that reading the books enhances your excitement...when Matt finds a dagger, when Perrin sees the wolf for the first time l, and when Rand first picked up the blade.......As a fan of the books these moments for me were well done, and I'm glad they were able to condense it enough to keep the story moving AND still include these aspects

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
There are aspects in the first 4 that reading the books enhances your excitement...when Matt finds a dagger, when Perrin sees the wolf for the first time l, and when Rand first picked up the blade.......As a fan of the books these moments for me were well done, and I'm glad they were able to condense it enough to keep the story moving AND still include these aspects
Problem is those things are things that readers understand but non readers have no idea about. I felt they didnt do a good job when explaining complex issues and important information. My sisters, who havent read the books, were completely lost for the first few episodes. Its like they had an information dump for episodes 1 and 2, but the information was too convoluted and condensed that it made no sense to people who havent read the books. Maybe they will clean things up in later episodes. I had to explain alot of things after each episode that they failed to even try to explain. They have to do a better job at explaining the world if we want this series to continue going forward.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Problem is, is those things are something that readers understand but non readers have no idea what any of that means. I felt they didnt do a good job when explaining complex issues and important information. My sisters, who havent read the books, were completely lost for the first few episodes. Its like they had an information dump for episodes 1 and 2, but the information was too convoluted and condensed that it made no sense to people who havent read the books. Maybe they will clean things up in later episodes. I had to explain alot of things after each episode that they failed to even try to explain. They have to do a better job at explaining the world if we want this series to continue going forward.
Yeah I think this is part of what is driving the bad reviews cause most probably didn't understand the importance of what they just saw and have no clue how it will impact the story...they are going to need several episodes to cover these...if they don't do that..they will lose people who didn't read the books

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
Yeah I think this is part of what is driving the bad reviews cause most probably didn't understand the importance of what they just saw and have no clue how it will impact the story...they are going to need several episodes to cover these...if they don't do that..they will lose people who didn't read the books
True. I think there are valid criticisms and valid critical reviews out there, but alot of reviews are just review bombing because people dont like the story changes taking place. While I will agree, the whole Perrin wife thing was just there for some lazy form of character development that sucked in every way, the Egwene taveren stuff I can get behind. My head canon throughout the books were "Egwene is a taveren?".

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
I will say though, Barney Harris as Mat is a near perfect representation of Mat. I could legitimately not imagine a better actor for Mat. I am depressed that he is leaving the show (unknown reasons) after one season. He is my favorite character throughout all of fantasy and I felt Barney would do him well, and he has. I can only hope the new Mat can do just as well of a job.

CasperPoke11

The Car'a'carn
Staff
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 5, 2012
Stillwater,OK
Problem is those things are things that readers understand but non readers have no idea about. I felt they didnt do a good job when explaining complex issues and important information. My sisters, who havent read the books, were completely lost for the first few episodes. Its like they had an information dump for episodes 1 and 2, but the information was too convoluted and condensed that it made no sense to people who havent read the books. Maybe they will clean things up in later episodes. I had to explain alot of things after each episode that they failed to even try to explain. They have to do a better job at explaining the world if we want this series to continue going forward.
Interesting my parents who don't read fantasy at all felt it was very easy to follow.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Interesting my parents who don't read fantasy at all felt it was very easy to follow.
Just started episode 1 tonight. Seems ok so far. Did notice there are some bonus features. I bet those fill in the story a bit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

State

Russian Bot
Mar 15, 2007
TX
I finished them last night and I found it enjoyable.
I thought the very opening scene with Liandrin and the false dragon was pretty weak and just felt janky. After that it developed more smoothly. I don't like the whole Perrin wife sub-plot. For a show with 15? books worth of material and no way to get it all in, it seems unnecessary to add something new. I've only read the books once and I could be forgetting things, so maybe they didn't feel there was enough material to establish and arc for Perrin. I also would have liked to have seen maybe another episode in The Two Rivers, just to really root the characters and establish what normalcy looks like. What was with the shared bath with Lan and Morraine? I don't remember that type of thing between them.
Shouldn't Thom be older? Rand, Matt, and Nynaeve are the best portrayals. Sad to hear that the actor for Matt is already moving on.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
www.reddit.com
Episode 4 was really good imo. Need more explanation on how Logain was able to see the weaves of a woman. Shouldnt be able to seem them so that would be a big change in the lore that I dont like. Other than that I really enjoyed the episode. Its getting better and better every episode. Cant wait for 5!

Well

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
I've read the books and now watching this thing on tv. Really shouldn't have changed the storyline from the first five books. Condense it sure, change it, no. After the first five you can condense and change as you please to the last battle. I hope changing out Matt next season will bring in somebody I can understand.
And since they brought in Logain now, bring in Cadsuane!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Finally got to watch 2-4. Seems to be ok so far. 4 got a little intense. It's been a while since I've read the really books, so it's hard for me to think of what's changed. To me it appears to be well written and the acting is good.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Episode 4 was really good imo. Need more explanation on how Logain was able to see the weaves of a woman. Shouldnt be able to seem them so that would be a big change in the lore that I dont like. Other than that I really enjoyed the episode. Its getting better and better every episode. Cant wait for 5!
What do you mean he was able to see their weaves?