What will the republicans do?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
Can't you just admit you like him when anytime someone points out a failure of his you are the first to rush to his defense?

I already said Obama wasn't good so bring in percentages of an expanding overall debt instead of my chart showing yearly deficit to cover your boy's poor record as discussed in detail above is fitting for you but does nothing to change my mind. When looking at short-term like this, deficits are a better marker than a percentage of overall long term debt. OU's historic win percentage against us tells less than the season's record about a comparison of modern teams.

Again as charted above, Obama dealt with a financial crisis then began DECREASING deficits as the economy improved. Trump took over an already improving economy and INCREASED deficits to pump it more to make himself look good. First president to do so and shows poorer management than others. I have no idea why you want to argue those facts as presented with proof.

If you want to talk debt, this shows debt during each president term and crisis. Don't know where you got those percentages and don't really care. Here is the real story from the gov's own numbers. Trump, worse on deficits, spent more on crisis, and didn't reap the benefit of the good economy to improve our books. That is the fiscally conservative view. You can have a different one if you want.
View attachment 88394
How are you comprehending I am defending Trump? I absolutely agree he failed to stop the debt from growing.

Your statement that Obama “improved deficits as the economy improved”, however, is factually incorrect. Obama’s last year in office the national debt grew nearly 8% (Obama’s last year he grew debt by 7.8%; Trump’s first year 3.4%). If we were in an improving economy, as you stated, why did the debt grow so much during Obama’s last year?

And why do you think the chart you just posted supports your argument? You realize it doesn’t—- unless of course, you are saying Obama should get a pass on spending due to recession as a spending reason, but ignore 2020 pandemic spending reason.

Both Obama and Trump were not fiscally responsible.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
In 2016 the farmers/ranchers where getting 9 billion a year in welfare. In 2020 that number is 23 billion. Those are damn expensive votes. But man oh man they do love the trumper.
“ trade wars are easy to win“
Do you want farmers out of business? The point of the trade wars was to protect intellectual property, its just farmers took the brunt of it. The subsidies you mentioned on trade sanctions didn't make anyone whole economically for the damage. The CFAP for COVID was essential to keep comments in business due to the price drop. Why the hate?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
In four years Trump increase farm subsidies from 9 billion to 23 billion. I actually own a ranch tho It’s a hobby. But folks that do this full-time for a living. I am worried that when that free money is finally shut off. Some folks are gonna have a real tough time adjusting.
If they don't care of business thats their problem, you can't expect those programs to go on forever.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
Every thread is the same. That’s why I quit posting for a while. This country is in serious trouble and both sides are equally to blame. The people play right into their hands. The elite want 2 classes of people, Their class and the rest of us to serve them. As long as they keep us divided they all get closer to their end game. The people lost this country along time ago. Is over. It’s been over. Keep on arguing. I swear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006
What can I look forward to with Biden?
Just Off the top of my head.

#1 Ending the damn everyday lying about everything!!
#2 Believing in the best science.
#3 Not pandering to racist hate groups.
#4 Not blowing his own horn and thinking he’s the smartest guy in the room..
#5 Not lying and lying and more lying.
#6 Not Embarrassing the USA on the world stage while standing next to other world leaders.
#7 Not telling BIG whopping lies!
#8 not attacking and demeaning the opposition party but instead try to find common ground to work together with the other side to make America better for everyone.
Both sides have done this and will continue to. People who can’t see that are THE WHOLE PROBLEM.

Apr 14, 2009
If they don't care of business thats their problem, you can't expect those programs to go on forever.

Well brother It’s been going on since the 1960’s. I expect it will continue going forward. Because Every state has 2 US senators even the ones with less then a million people.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Your statement that Obama “improved deficits as the economy improved”, however, is factually incorrect. Obama’s last year in office the national debt grew nearly 8% (Obama’s last year he grew debt by 7.8%; Trump’s first year 3.4%). If we were in an improving economy, as you stated, why did the debt grow so much during Obama’s last year?
LOL. No matter how many times I have explained that the words deficit and debt are not interchangeable you simply cannot get the concept. Yes, you can improve the deficit while the debt still grows. The improving deficits are in the first graph that I posted. We had virtually an identical discussion in November and it appears you did not learn the difference even after I explained it to you then. Being that you don't comprehend deficit/debt, it is understandable that you do not understand the government graphs that I post that show exactly what I am saying.

And why do you think the chart you just posted supports your argument? You realize it doesn’t—- unless of course, you are saying Obama should get a pass on spending due to recession as a spending reason, but ignore 2020 pandemic spending reason.
It does support exactly what I am saying. But, it is clear that I won't be able to get you to also understand that.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2011
Every thread is the same. That’s why I quit posting for a while. This country is in serious trouble and both sides are equally to blame. The people play right into their hands. The elite want 2 classes of people, Their class and the rest of us to serve them. As long as they keep us divided they all get closer to their end game. The people lost this country along time ago. Is over. It’s been over. Keep on arguing. I swear.

I would believe you more if you wouldnt be parroting one sides talking points so often

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow

#6 Not Embarrassing the USA on the world stage while standing next to other world leaders.
#8 not attacking and demeaning the opposition party but instead try to find common ground to work together with the other side to make America better for everyone.
You forgot about significant increasing taxes and consumer fees, followed by more and more increases and less and less money in our own pocket. Then you forgot about Iran already re-starting their Uranium enrichment program, so of course we get to look forward to them kicking it up even further while Biden gets his medical treatment. You also forgot about the forthcoming additional Solyndra-like companies that will meet the same fate. Oh, and you bring up “lying”, yet you fail to address the current lie ol’ “Joe being Joe” sits on: Hunter. Oh, and let’s not forget about the thousands of Honduran illegals headed this way, with the welcoming committee getting ready and thousands more to follow.

drbwh

Federal Marshal
Sep 20, 2006

I would believe you more if you wouldnt be parroting one sides talking points so often
Um, ok

Jul 23, 2018
USA
Well hell the Hondurans might just take your wiping job at the car wash! Because they would be better employees then you.
It's the American dream, really. A $15/hr. wiping job with free government health care and free college for the kiddos. Mandated family leave to add more kiddos. Open borders, baby! Big Government is my friend! This Joseph Biden is one generous gringo. And once they get that Paris climate thingy going...ooh lala. Pack a bag, fam, it's time to caravan!

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

So I was genuinely asking what Biden had going for him other than he's not Trump, and you listed 8 ways he's not Trump. I said I wasn't trolling, and I meant it, but you did exactly what I was concerned about, times eight, with passion.

I'm generally a pretty optimistic guy but it's been so long since I was genuinely excited about my vote on election day, it's a little disheartening.