What if OU/WV doesn't get played and both OU/OSU win out

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Gumby, I've been listening to you and I'm not sure if there's a bigger Gundy supporter than you. I also fear a change could set us back for years. But there's always room for improvement and being honest and critical are what message boards are here for.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Gumby, I've been listening to you and I'm not sure if there's a bigger Gundy supporter than you. I also fear a change could set us back for years. But there's always room for improvement and being honest and critical are what message boards are here for.

I’m not a huge Gundy supporter. I wish his record was better and understand some of the big picture (shouldn’t have some of his bad losses) criticism. But I don’t understand most of the criticism, especially the micro criticism - which is by and large about things in which even the most knowledgable fan can’t know in total.

But, common sense would tell you if you get rid of the best you’ve had, you’ll probably not get the new best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark

What’s better?

Making an attempt to improve, or be complacent with mediocrity?

Look at Matt Campbell. What Matt Rhule was able to do with Baylor in three years. Chris Klieman and K State.

Gundy is doing absolutely nothing with OSU. He’s not breaking new ground. He’s a one trick pony and an unapologetic self promoter. He shows zero guts in big games and plays scared.

It’s codependency. He’s not gonna suddenly change almost two decades into this thing.

Oct 29, 2016
US
What’s better?

Look at Matt Campbell. What Matt Rhule was able to do with Baylor in three years. Chris Klieman and K State.

Gundy is doing absolutely nothing with OSU. He’s not breaking new ground. He’s a one trick pony and an unapologetic self promoter. He shows zero guts in big games and plays scared.

It’s codependency. He’s not gonna suddenly change almost two decades into this thing.

1mxk14.jpg

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

What’s better?

Gundy just beat Campbell
Campbell got beat by a Sunbelt team.
Gundy beat Kleiman.
Kleiman got beat by a Sunbelt team

Get lost.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Let's face it, that Texas game is going to go down as one of the most costly in OSU history. If we hadn't delivered that win to Texas on a silver platter (and we did), then the outcome of Bedlam wouldn't matter. Not only did losing that Texas game keep us out of the CCG, it also allowed OU to slide into that game when they otherwise wouldn't have.

Nov 30, 2011
I thought that if ISU loses, then we’re in if we win out? Since when does the head to head not count as much as beating the team that sucks the least? Pretty dumb IMO.

RPG

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2017
Edmond, OK
Gundy just beat Campbell
Gundy beat Kleiman.

Get lost.

The love for Matt Campbell is ridiculous. He’s beat us once and hasn’t won more than 8 games in a season. I guess beating OU twice is all you need to be perceived as the greatest coach ever....

Nov 6, 2010
Let's face it, that Texas game is going to go down as one of the most costly in OSU history. If we hadn't delivered that win to Texas on a silver platter (and we did), then the outcome of Bedlam wouldn't matter. Not only did losing that Texas game keep us out of the CCG, it also allowed OU to slide into that game when they otherwise wouldn't have.
I don't know man, we've got a pretty long and storied history in that department.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Gundy just beat Campbell
Gundy beat Kleiman.

Get lost.

Who’s getting into the Big 12 title game and has a team trending upwards?

If Klieman hadn’t lost Skyler Thompson, he could be saying the same thing.

Those programs are building something new. Heading in a different direction.

You guys are singing the same sad song every damn year.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
The love for Matt Campbell is ridiculous. He’s beat us once and hasn’t won more than 8 games in a season. I guess beating OU twice is all you need to be perceived as the greatest coach ever....
His program is getting stronger. He’s got a great defense and is gaining traction in recruiting.

OSU is not.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Gundy just beat Campbell
Gundy beat Kleiman.

Get lost.

Who’s getting into the Big 12 title game and has a team trending upwards?

If Klieman hadn’t lost Skyler Thompson, he could be saying the same thing.

Those programs are building something new. Heading in a different direction.

You guys are singing the same sad song every damn year.

Or....

You’re just trying to justify losing to both.

Typical gooner.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
His program is getting stronger. He’s got a great defense and is gaining traction in recruiting.

OSU is not.

Dude, a sooner has every incentive to pump ISU and Campbell. They beat you once already, and win or lose against them in the CCG you want it to appear like they’re the next coming of Alabama.

You’re very transparent as well as sustaining your sooner trash.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
OU and West Virginia both would prefer to not play that game. OU is in the championship if they don't play. West Virginia knows it will probably just be another loss.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Dude, a sooner has every incentive to pump ISU and Campbell. They beat you once already, and win or lose against them in the CCG you want it to appear like they’re the next coming of Alabama.

You’re very transparent as well as sustaining your sooner trash.

I’m just giving credit where credit is due. Campbell is doing a phenomenal job in Ames.

You’re deflecting with personal attacks and avoiding the subject.

If you got nothing to add, then don’t reply.