What bowl are we playing for?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
They’re ranked 24th.
The fact a team with an 8-4 record that includes a 4-4 conference record is ranked, is amazing all by itself. I cannot get excited. Quite frankly, I think the Texas and Citrus Bowl organizers feel our frustration which played a part in our not moving up the pecking order. But who knows, they did beat us so they may have played it straight and we simply fell to the first available.

Jan 14, 2006
Better bowl than we probably deserve at 6-6 but we're the best and most explosive .500 team in the country.

Good matchup against a team that we can roll if we play well. Should be fun.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
The fact a team with an 8-4 record that includes a 4-4 conference record is ranked, is amazing all by itself. I cannot get excited. Quite frankly, I think the Texas and Citrus Bowl organizers feel our frustration which played a part in our not moving up the pecking order. But who knows, they did beat us so they may have played it straight and we simply fell to the first available.
The rankings, in general, were pretty messed up going into the last weekend. Northwestern was ranked, Iowa State ranked...I guess there was a lot of parity outside of the top 5?

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I don't mind the match up. I think the Pokes should have the advantage if they play up to their ability. This program under HCMG needs to break this bad habit of playing to the level of their opponent, and become consistent. On the other hand Memphis this time of year seems even more cold, wet and gloomy than northern Oklahoma.