What bowl are we playing for?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Considering we lost to TCU, KSU, ISU & Baylor, we should be dead last on the picking order so it looks like the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth is our most likely destination.
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. You are obviously correct about us losing to those teams, but the bowls aren't required to pick based on finish. We will get a good idea of how OSU is perceived by the bowls this year.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. You are obviously correct about us losing to those teams, but the bowls aren't required to pick based on finish. We will get a good idea of how OSU is perceived by the bowls this year.
And we are certainly much more attractive to the bowl committees because of our great, last performance.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I guess even if he won’t play down lol
are you being serious? he's not going to play a down in the bowl game - i'd say that's a pretty safe bet now...... however, you do realize there is a season next year? historically, at every school, these extra practices have used to get the younger crop (next years new players) 1st team reps............. whine, cry and make all the declarations you want, but the practices are important

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
are you being serious? he's not going to play a down in the bowl game - i'd say that's a pretty safe bet now...... however, you do realize there is a season next year? historically, at every school, these extra practices have used to get the younger crop (next years new players) 1st team reps............. whine, cry and make all the declarations you want, but the practices are important
I don’t have to whine to know our idiot coach will put corndog in the bowl game and refuse to allow his future QBs to play and gain valuable experience.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Considering we lost to TCU, KSU, ISU & Baylor, we should be dead last on the picking order so it looks like the Armed Forces Bowl in Fort Worth is our most likely destination.
The only automatic pick that a B12 bowl has is the Sugar Bowl which takes the B12 champ unless that team is in the playoffs. Then it has an at large bid... B12 or not.

The other bowls pick in order, but not only the order / standings. A lot of criteria goes into the decision. Bowls look to do 1 thing, make money. So the evaluate teams based on how team finishes, are their games exciting, how well a fan base travel, local and national tv interest. Then they look at the team they are paring with to try to generate the most excitement. Former rivalries, big offenses, try not to have rematch of non-conference game.

But for what it’s worth, outside of the playoffs and few other bowls, they are all crap. I’d take a crap bowl in Fort Worth (hot bed for B12 recruiting, easy travel, etc) over a crap bowl in Orlando or Shreveport...

Cro

A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I don’t have to whine to know our idiot coach will put corndog in the bowl game and refuse to allow his future QBs to play and gain valuable experience.
we're talking about 2 different things........ continue on your same path, it's not worth the effort......

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008
we're talking about 2 different things........ continue on your same path, it's not worth the effort......
I understand what you are saying but isn’t mind boggling that our coach won’t play any of our QBs except corndog! He got the Tampax bowl like he wanted

Cro

A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I understand what you are saying but isn’t mind boggling that our coach won’t play any of our QBs except corndog! He got the Tampax bowl like he wanted
as I've said in the past, he should have given either, if not both, QB's some field time.......... you would know about tampax...........