WH announces US removal from Syria...announces turning over all US held ISIS fighters to Syria

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
You seem to have a deep understanding of the issue.

What would be your solution? Maintain the US presence in the region?
Here’s a radical idea.
Offer them sanctuary here. Most would probably stay in the region but allow the fighters and their families to settle here. They’ve paid the price.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
That’s not a genuine cease fire. Wait and see. Peace? The Turks patrol the border and the twenty mile strip where the Kurds settled and lived.
Do you think this stuff is just easy??

Again, do you support our continued presence there or a withdrawal? It's a simple question & no, just offering sanctuary doesn't solve the issues.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Here’s a radical idea.
Offer them sanctuary here. Most would probably stay in the region but allow the fighters and their families to settle here. They’ve paid the price.
Yeah because that worked out so well for the Native Americans. Moving an indigenous people, who are fighting for their own land, on to some "reservation" in a far off place. I realize this is not what you were implying with your comment but it does show how complicated the situation is if you look at it from that perspective.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Yeah because that worked out so well for the Native Americans. Moving an indigenous people, who are fighting for their own land, on to some "reservation" in a far off place. I realize this is not what you were implying with your comment but it does show how complicated the situation is if you look at it from that perspective.
I think your response is off the reservation. I was asked my opinion, I gave it, you don’t have to agree with it, or like it.

Patron

Wrangler
Oct 12, 2019
Dustin,ok
Have an elite fighting force of fifty Majors and above, if you can fifty who are related to long serving politicians that would be even better. These dudes could solve the centuries old hatred in the middle east.Hunter Biden could represent the Navy if there is a pond in the area.No charge for this sound advice from a former corporal.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Have an elite fighting force of fifty Majors and above, if you can fifty who are related to long serving politicians that would be even better. These dudes could solve the centuries old hatred in the middle east.Hunter Biden could represent the Navy if there is a pond in the area.No charge for this sound advice from a former corporal.
Tiptoe through the tulips much?

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
That’s not a genuine cease fire. Wait and see. Peace? The Turks patrol the border and the twenty mile strip where the Kurds settled and lived.
Why are we this worried/concerned about a border thousands of miles away?

And couldn't give two :poo::poo:'s about our own. :facepalm:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I haven't forgotten your request for my personal thoughts. I actually thought of it last night and realized I need to do my research to remember all of the questionable things Trump has done over the last 3 years. It will be a long list...I'll most likely send it to you in a private message. It will take several days.

Off the top of my head..the things Trump has done which should be questioned

Removing funding for 81 teen pregnancy programs (not abortion..just teen pregnancy prevention) around the country

appointing Tom Price to the head of the HHS

Denying the Trump Tower meeting ever happened

Appointing Scott Garrett to the head of the Export-Import Bank

Putting Jarred Kushner in charge of Peace between Israel and Palestine

Removing public WH visitor logs

Being involved with Manafort in any capacity at all

Taxpayers spending 230+ years (so far) of presidential yearly salary for Trump to travel to his private golf club in Florida and spend time there

Allowing his daughter Ivanka to hold an appointed position while still managing the affairs of Trump International Hotels

Giving $10 billion to South American Countries to fight their issues leading to mass immigration while claiming he has no funding and needs $8 billion to build a wall in the US to stop immigration

Cutting legal immigration Visas drastically

The Trade Wars

Giving a speech in front of thousands and thousands of boy scouts and recounting his Party lifestyle as a young New Yorker and then reliving his Election Night and Fake News to them

Firing a Sec of State by Twitter

Saying he knows more about the ME than Generals

Threatening with Nukes several different times

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Well darn, guess we’ll just have to disagree.
As long as we know where we stand. You own that you're more concerned about the citizens and their livelihoods of a foreign country. And I'll happily own that I care more about my fellow countrymen FIRST, and then those way beyond our borders after we've fixed our own issues.

Quite tired of being The World's Police/Aid Force... and getting crapped on by other countries when they bitch about how we do or don't do it.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
As long as we know where we stand. You own that you're more concerned about the citizens and their livelihoods of a foreign country. And I'll happily own that I care more about my fellow countrymen FIRST, and then those way beyond our borders after we've fixed our own issues.

Quite tired of being The World's Police/Aid Force... and getting crapped on by other countries when they bitch about how we do or don't do it.
Help me out here, I'm a little fuzzy on it, but I seem to recall a prior President running on getting us out of some of these quagmires.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Many of the people who were being held captive caught up in the middle of this were all part of a global organization which has claimed responsibility for mass killing events or have been instrumental in influencing mass terror events in the US..right here on our own soil.