West Endzone

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 22, 2008
Edmond
I searched to see if there were any recent pictures of the West Endzone but didn't see anything on OP. I know it's been completed for a while but I got a tour from a long time staff member after the ISU game and wanted to share some pictures. I just looked at what they posted on okstate.com and these are a bit different perspective or areas not shown. I was personally blown away by what these players get to walk through each day and I'm not sure they fully appreciate what they have compared to what BPS/Lewis Field used to be. All the players we met were definitely classy cowboys and Gundy looked exhausted but was in a great mood after the huge comeback win.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aox08BKnFdbFkghxQ_6eCEhuSrpt

Nov 7, 2007
Tulsa
Cool pictures. I still think it sucks that Barry's Heisman trophy and all of the bowl trophies have been hidden from the public in the private football offices when they used to be on display at heritage hall.

Dec 24, 2007
Stillwater, OK
Cool pictures. I still think it sucks that Barry's Heisman trophy and all of the bowl trophies have been hidden from the public in the private football offices when they used to be on display at heritage hall.
We get another dozen or so trophies and they won't have room for them up there and we can put some back in Heritage Hall :D

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009
They keep them up there so that each and every recruit that comes in for a visit has to walk past them and take pictures with them. I think that is a pretty good use.

Nov 7, 2007
Tulsa
They keep them up there so that each and every recruit that comes in for a visit has to walk past them and take pictures with them. I think that is a pretty good use.
I know why they do it that way, but it would have been great if they could have done it in a way where it doesn't take away the ability for the fans to see those trophies. They could have easily built a football heritage hall on the ground floor of the west end zone that was open on game days that the recruits would have to walk through to get to the football offices and accomplished the same purpose.