We're Going Bowling!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 12, 2007
At least that is what Athlon Pre-Season Bowl Projections say. We're playing in the Alamo against Arizona State. It's interesting they have Texas in the Cheez-It so they have us having a better season than Texas and Iowa State in the Sugar. I wonder if any of these super early predictions have been accurate.

Jan 14, 2006
That may have been worse than no bowl. What an embarrassment.
We got $20, last-minute tickets on Groupon. Sat in the front row, and watched the Pokes beat Purdue 58-14. It was cold and the empty fairgrounds were kinda creepy. Drove up that morning and back after the game. Entire bowl experience for under $100.

Not sure if that makes it more or less embarrassing.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
That may have been worse than no bowl. What an embarrassment.
We got $20, last-minute tickets on Groupon. Sat in the front row, and watched the Pokes beat Purdue 58-14. It was cold and the empty fairgrounds were kinda creepy. Drove up that morning and back after the game. Entire bowl experience for under $100.

Cold, wet day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dec 17, 2011

Would've gone but the day before was osu vs Gonzaga for basketball. Wouldn't have missed that game for anything.

Jun 12, 2007
I went to the Heart of Dallas Bowl as well. Like several have said, it was down right cold and damp. Glad we got to see the original Cotton Bowl but I would think long and hard about going there again. The opponent would have to be somebody special.

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Don't tell the goons or whorns what a crap hole that is, they think it's a paradise.
As far as football atmospheres are concerned, you can’t get better than that.

The stadium is a crap hole.

An intense rivalry where you can literally feel the momentum shift between 90,000 fans evenly divided among a bowled in stadium is the most unique live fan experience you can have. Concerts included.

There’s a massive difference between a meaningless bowl game in a crap stadium and one of the best rivalry games in sports in a crap stadium.

Plus, paradise probably does have a Fletcher’s stand and Shiner on tap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

An intense rivalry where you can literally feel the momentum shift between 90,000 fans evenly divided among a bowled in stadium is the most unique live fan experience you can have. Concerts included.

There’s a massive difference between a meaningless bowl game in a crap stadium and one of the best rivalry games in sports in a crap stadium.

Amazing, your fingers keep typing letters but they are all nonsensical.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa

Best atmosphere… go eat a salami. I went to a RRR game and it was beyond meh.

Bill: “Let’s take one of the biggest rivalries in college football, let’s see how bad we can screw it up.”

Brian: “Let’s make it a neutral site game, that way two of the largest fan bases in the country only bring in 45k fans”

Bill: “Yeah… and let’s play it in a rundown stadium near the ghetto.”

Brian: “No - make it a concrete jungle early in the season that way it’s miserably hot.”

Bill: “I like it, also let’s start at 11:00. That way most of the country won’t watch, it will ruin what could be a great tailgate experience, and a ton of fans will miss most of the 1st quarter.”

Bryan: “Yes! And let’s have the camera zoom in on Big Tex every 10 minutes. We will tell everyone that we can’t change anything about this game because of tradition.”

The energy and atmosphere at that game is yawn compared to what it could be.

This year I’m going to the worlds largest cocktail party, just for kicks…

Oct 6, 2012
Best atmosphere… go eat a salami. I went to a RRR game and it was beyond meh.

Bill: “Let’s take one of the biggest rivalries in college football, let’s see how bad we can screw it up.”

Brian: “Let’s make it a neutral site game, that way two of the largest fan bases in the country only bring in 45k fans”

Bill: “Yeah… and let’s play it in a rundown stadium near the ghetto.”

Brian: “No - make it a concrete jungle early in the season that way it’s miserably hot.”

Bill: “I like it, also let’s start at 11:00. That way most of the country won’t watch, it will ruin what could be a great tailgate experience, and a ton of fans will miss most of the 1st quarter.”

Bryan: “Yes! And let’s have the camera zoom in on Big Tex every 10 minutes. We will tell everyone that we can’t change anything about this game because of tradition.”

The energy and atmosphere at that game is yawn compared to what it could be.

This year I’m going to the worlds largest cocktail party, just for kicks…
1625069276321.png

Jun 12, 2007
Pre-season media poll has OSU coming in fourth place which would place us in the Texas Bowl unless a Big 12 team makes it to the CFP. Next bowl up the chain is the Cheez-It in Orlando. Athlon has us in the Alamo. Who will be more accurate this year?