Week 7 Coaches Poll

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
You guys give this more thought than I do. Let me break this down. We win all our games we're in. We lose a game we're out.

Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
You guys give this more thought than I do. Let me break this down. We win all our games we're in. We lose a game we're out.
i was about to post that these poll threads are a waste of time and effort. You stated that thought in such a positive way. Keep winning and there is no need for polls. Lose and it’s over.

Dec 12, 2020
OKC
i was about to post that these poll threads are a waste of time and effort. You stated that thought in such a positive way. Keep winning and there is no need for polls. Lose and it’s over.
Being high in the polls is good for recruiting, good for our team's overall morale, and good for advertising us to another conference (should it come to that).

But I'm one of those guys that doesn't want college football to turn into the NFL, where all that matters is did you make the playoffs and did you make/win the super bowl.

Ultimately, we're not beating Georgia, so making the conference championship game, winning our bowl, and finishing the season ranked highly feels like the progress I'm hoping for OSU.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Well it's the internet so that's what we do.

Oct 11, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Other teams, traditionally starting the year higher in the polls, have the privilege of losing a cheap one before the middle of the season with zero ill effects.

I just wonder what it's like to be one of those teams.

EDIT: For example, does anyone believe that if Alabama wins out they won't be the #1 team and seed, perhaps even above 3 undefeated teams?

Apr 7, 2006
The same system that decides the playoffs just determined that Caleb Williams in 5 qtrs of football is a legit Heisman contender. College football has the worst, most corrupt system of any major sport.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Just win baby!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk