Week 13 - Games of Interest

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Holy smokes, I hope our receivers don’t play like Mississippi State’s receivers are today. They should be up by four touchdowns. They have had perfect passes just bounce off their face masks, bounce off their chests, go through their hands and pretty much have bungled every scoring pass they’ve had and they’ve had plenty!
It's raining cats and dogs...It's hard to execute that type of offense in a driving rainstorm. Our game is suppose to be perfect weather.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
It's raining cats and dogs...It's hard to execute that type of offense in a driving rainstorm. Our game is suppose to be perfect weather.
Rain didn’t account for all of the drops. Ol Miss receivers weren’t having much of a problem. Miss. St. receivers looked horrible.

Dec 2, 2008
SC
Holy smokes, I hope our receivers don’t play like Mississippi State’s receivers are today. They should be up by four touchdowns. They have had perfect passes just bounce off their face masks, bounce off their chests, go through their hands and pretty much have bungled every scoring pass they’ve had and they’ve had plenty!
I also hope the officials for bedlam aren't near as bad as those were.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Announcer on the Ole Miss MSU game just called out the Ole Miss defensive lineman for faking injuries and said it should a delay of game penality. It was refreshing to hear an announcer actually call this practice out...we have at least three teams in the Big 12 that pull that crap as well...hope we can see change in that ruling at some point.

Oct 11, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
THIS. Watched them drop 3 passes IN A ROW and then miss a short field goal. Tell me more about how great the SEC is. :rolleyes:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Ole Miss faked an injury again on defense to gain time to rest and stall momentum...I don't know if you can tell but I don't like Ole Piss.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
It was so freaking obvious. That player was looking to the sidelines......standing with no problem as were the other players. Then all of a sudden, he slowly went down to the turf.

(from replay on tv)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It was so freaking obvious. That player was looking to the sidelines......standing with no problem as were the other players. Then all of a sudden, he slowly went down to the turf.

(from replay on tv)
College football needs to put a stop to that.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

(from replay on tv)
College football needs to put a stop to that.
Don’t you think they ought first fix the referees fixing the game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Here is what most likely will happen.
1: UGA
2: tOSU
3: OKstate
4: ND

OkState vs ND in CFP National Championship game.

OKState wins NC and then 12-team playoff is approved for next year.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I like your thinking. That'd be a GREAT way to break the cfp.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I also hope the officials for bedlam aren't near as bad as those were.
I was talking to some ou friends of mine on Wednesday and they are already planting the seed that the Big 12 wants ou to lose this game because they are bolting to the SEC, and that they expect every 50/50 call to go to OSU. I just stood there staring at them with a shocked look on my face thinking that ou fans are so spoiled by getting calls that they will think a fairly called game is the refs being against them. Ou has been called for holding several times this year but still gets away with it far more often than not....and I don't expect that to change Saturday night. Our defense is going to have to suck it up and fight through that. Go Pokes.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Announcer on the Ole Miss MSU game just called out the Ole Miss defensive lineman for faking injuries and said it should a delay of game penality. It was refreshing to hear an announcer actually call this practice out...we have at least three teams in the Big 12 that pull that crap as well...hope we can see change in that ruling at some point.
The first time I remember seeing it done where it was blatantly obvious that’s what they were doing was in College Station back in 2011. It was monikered the “spread flop.” It was infuriating, every time we got momentum or they were getting gassed there was an injury on the field.

What they should do is if you’re injured on the play in which they stop the play on the field you are not allowed to re-enter the game for “x” amount of time.Maybe for that possession, 5 game minutes, quarter - whatever.

This would make players think twice before faking an injury if they can’t go right back in after a play or two.

It’s also a player safety issue… If you’re so hurt that you need to stop play and get medical attention, then you should have a thorough examination before being cleared to re-enter. Which at a minimum should take the rest of the possession.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
The first time I remember seeing it done where it was blatantly obvious that’s what they were doing was in College Station back in 2011. It was monikered the “spread flop.” It was infuriating, every time we got momentum or they were getting gassed there was an injury on the field.

What they should do is if you’re injured on the play in which they stop the play on the field you are not allowed to re-enter the game for “x” amount of time.Maybe for that possession, 5 game minutes, quarter - whatever.

This would make players think twice before faking an injury if they can’t go right back in after a play or two.

It’s also a player safety issue… If you’re so hurt that you need to stop play and get medical attention, then you should have a thorough examination before being cleared to re-enter. Which at a minimum should take the rest of the possession.
Baylor was the worst at that.

Jan 4, 2005

I've been meaning to post this somewhere, this seems about as good as anywhere since you mentioned playoff expansion. This is the best, well laid out plan I've seen. Joel Klatt is maybe my favorite college football analyst right now.
https://youtu.be/1q5wvctgFH8