Way early football big12 odds

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 9, 2013
NB did really well at troy. Took them to heights they'd never been, including their 1st top 25 ranking in school history. 3 10 win seasons.

Beat LSU and Nebraska on the road, and was cheated by ACC refs or wouldve beaten clemson the year they won a title.

not sure why he couldnt duplicate the magic at WVU. But, he's no longer in charge of the offense, and the defense has actually been good.

but you cant really field a great team if Auburn, Georgia, FSU, Miami can just pay the players you recruit and develop to leave for a payday.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
The Ten12 Network
@Ten12Network
We’ve got our first win totals for the #Big12 for 2022 from
@BetRivers

Baylor 8.5
Iowa State 7.5
Kansas 2.5
Kansas State 6
Oklahoma 9
Oklahoma State 8
TCU 7
Texas 8.5
Texas Tech 5.5
West Virginia 5.5

Who’s the best bet for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
The Ten12 Network
@Ten12Network
We’ve got our first win totals for the #Big12 for 2022 from
@BetRivers
Oklahoma State 8
Here's how I say we get to 8+:

90% on these 4 Ws:
CMU #1
ASU #2
APB #3
KU #4

75% on these:
Tech at home #5
KSU on the road #6

Worst case scenario 2-4 against the remainder of the Big 12:
Baylor
TCU
Texas
ISU
OU
WVU

Upside:
Big 12 Championship (Chance for +1, likely would be our 9th W)
Bowl Game (50%+ chance for +1)

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
Here's how I say we get to 8+:

90% on these 4 Ws:
CMU #1
ASU #2
APB #3
KU #4

75% on these:
Tech at home #5
KSU on the road #6

Worst case scenario 2-4 against the remainder of the Big 12:
Baylor
TCU
Texas
ISU
OU
WVU

Upside:
Big 12 Championship (Chance for +1, likely would be our 9th W)
Bowl Game (50%+ chance for +1)
m confident enough to move WVU, ISU and maybe TCU in the 75%

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Can you imagine the crappy odds you'll get betting on OU after they BTHO of UTEP and Kent State and then win against a horrible Nebraska team? Their fans are going to be booking rooms for the National Championship.

Texas, on the other hand, hosts Bama in Week 2. :blink:
How big of a collection of jack wagons are UT fans when I'm hoping for a big Bama win?

Sep 9, 2013
We will know how good WVU is in week 1. They open @ Pitt, who is supposed to be really good and coming off a 10-2 year where they beat clemson.

WVU opened an 8.5 dog, but it dropped to 6.5 pretty fast.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Oklahoma 7/4
Texas 2/1
Oklahoma State 5/1
Baylor 15/2
Iowa State 12/1
TCU 14/1
Texas Tech 40/1
West Virginia 40/1
Kansas State 50/1
Kansas 300/1

Betonline.AG

I am sure WVU has multiple players who run 90 mph. Enlighten us Nolaeer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So Texas is 2.5x and OU is 3x as likely as us to win the Big XII? And we’re slightly ahead of Baylor.

Times like this I have to remember Vegas creates the odds to balance the money on each side of the bet. If I was a betting man, I’d put money on us and Baylor.
Texas always gets too much hype almost no matter what. I’m not sure if OK state will have the same level of defensive play they had last year. Last season was pretty elite and that’s the main reason why the team was so good. I would pretty much give Baylor and Oklahoma the two best odds right now on paper

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Texas always gets too much hype almost no matter what. I’m not sure if OK state will have the same level of defensive play they had last year. Last season was pretty elite and that’s the main reason why the team was so good. I would pretty much give Baylor and Oklahoma the two best odds right now on paper
Of course you would

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
They have a first year head coach, lost their best player as well and their back up QB also...I'm not saying they won't be good, but I wouldn't expect them to be in the conference championship because you might be disappointed.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
They have a first year head coach, lost their best player as well and their back up QB also...I'm not saying they won't be good, but I wouldn't expect them to be in the conference championship because you might be disappointed.
Indeed they did but they picked up a pretty good guy who knows defense and another pretty good guy who knows offense. Who has had success with their new qb. And looking at roster Make-up they still maintain a high blue chip ratio. I’m not really seeing any qbs or other teams that could lose less games. There’s still plenty to prove sure, & I need to see it. but everyone they brought in has had success & experience. I think Baylor is the only other scary team right now before week 1. Osu lost a lot at lb, and a lot in the secondary. Could still be real good but I want to see it.

Not saying I expect anything other than that OU & Baylor seem to be the two most likely teams to make it right now. With Osu a close 3rd and texas 4th. Anything could happen, texas could end up winning the conference. Who knows!

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
I’m not sure OU will have the same level of QB play they had last year. Last season was pretty elite and that’s the main reason why the team was any good.

Dec 9, 2013
I’m not sure OU will have the same level of QB play they had last year. Last season was pretty elite and that’s the main reason why the team was any good.
Without Caleb Willams last year, insert the kid they brought in. Does uo beat Texas or the juggernaut that almost took them down in Lawrence?

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Without Caleb Willams last year, insert the kid they brought in. Does uo beat Texas or the juggernaut that almost took them down in Lawrence?
Exactly. They needed hero ball just to squeak by those games and even be in contention for the Big XII late last year. Now they’re installing a new system with a new QB and other key pieces. Sounds like a lock to me.

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Well it’s no secret that Gabriel is not as talented as Williams. But from the standpoint of production, he could be just as good when you look at what he’s already done. 300 yards and 3tds passing per game is apparently not easy to duplicate. And the Lebby offense will churn out about 15 to 20 more plays per game than the Riley offense. I don’t agree that Oklahoma was elite last year, they won a lot of games By single digits. Some of them against some pretty bad teams

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Well it’s no secret that Gabriel is not as talented as Williams. But from the standpoint of production, he could be just as good when you look at what he’s already done. 300 yards and 3tds passing per game is apparently not easy to duplicate. And the Lebby offense will churn out about 15 to 20 more plays per game than the Riley offense. I don’t agree that Oklahoma was elite last year, they won a lot of games By single digits. Some of them against some pretty bad teams
All good points, but I'm not just talking about talent and coaching. I'm talking about dramatic changes that have to be implemented. It's the kind of wholesale change that is part of the reason Texas struggles often. You're making great points for why OU may be really good in 2023.

The transition from Stoops to Riley was smooth and gradual. This was way more disruptive.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
As insane as it sounds, and I do think he's a very good player, he hasn't yet played Big 12 defenses. It's a different game and schedule than what he played at UCF...even if they are joining our conference in a few years.

Granted we did lose two of the best linebackers we have ever had but we will have the best Defensive line we have ever had...I think in our entire history. That could be a huge gamechanger as long as we have good serviceable LB's and DB's to go with, what I believe is going to be an elite D-line I think we will be ok. I like the new DC as much as the one he replaced...coaching consistency is a big deal...that's the only reason I think ou will be down...by their standards anyway. I'm not saying we automatically win in Norman mind you...but I think it's going to be a barn burner IF we develop as I think we will. I also think Baylor is going to be damn good.. Right now I'd say Baylor and Oklahoma State with OU/Texas just on the outside...Actually I'm a bit more worried about Texas with the second year under their system. Additionally, my reasoning is based on SS having a full year of health and taking the next step in his development as he seemed to really mature last year.

Last edited: