Way early football big12 odds

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Oklahoma 7/4
Texas 2/1
Oklahoma State 5/1
Baylor 15/2
Iowa State 12/1
TCU 14/1
Texas Tech 40/1
West Virginia 40/1
Kansas State 50/1
Kansas 300/1

Betonline.AG

I am sure WVU has multiple players who run 90 mph. Enlighten us Nolaeer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
These odds that include Texas are always skewed by their large & overly optimistic offseason fanbase.

I'd take Pokes at 5-1. I think we're one of the 2 best teams in the conference and will make it to the CCG over either OU or Texas. Both are hoping and praying that a bunch of new and unproven parts (esp. at QB) come together flawlessly. Even if they do, there's liable to be some growing pains and they could drop a couple, allowing us to control our own destiny toward the end of the year.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Oklahoma 7/4
Texas 2/1
Oklahoma State 5/1
Baylor 15/2
Iowa State 12/1
TCU 14/1
Texas Tech 40/1
West Virginia 40/1
Kansas State 50/1
Kansas 300/1

Betonline.AG

So Texas is 2.5x and OU is 3x as likely as us to win the Big XII? And we’re slightly ahead of Baylor.

Times like this I have to remember Vegas creates the odds to balance the money on each side of the bet. If I was a betting man, I’d put money on us and Baylor.

Oct 30, 2007
Oklahoma 7/4
Texas 2/1
Oklahoma State 5/1
Baylor 15/2
Iowa State 12/1
TCU 14/1
Texas Tech 40/1
West Virginia 40/1
Kansas State 50/1
Kansas 300/1

Betonline.AG

So Texas is 2.5x and OU is 3x as likely as us to win the Big XII? And we’re slightly ahead of Baylor.

Times like this I have to remember Vegas creates the odds to balance the money on each side of the bet. If I was a betting man, I’d put money on us and Baylor.
Ou has venables. In their minds, anything less than winning every game 77+ to zero is heresy.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

This. It’s to sucker ou and Texas to bet on their schools so it will cover the rest.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Ou has venables. In their minds, anything less than winning every game 77+ to zero is heresy.

Story time:
My wife has some obnoxious OU fans in her extended family. We had a thanksgiving dinner at her uncle’s house in 2001. Since Bedlam was that evening, her uncle asked everyone to predict the final score of the game.

My wife and her OSU fan siblings and parents each humbly predicted OU winning by 2-3 scores (as did I). Then one of her adult cousins spouted off, “77 to zero!”

Pretty much everyone chuckled. Then he clarified, “I’m not kidding. This is gonna be ugly. We’re gonna dominate OSU 77 to NOTHING.”

The looks on their faces at the end of that game… PRICELESS!

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
This. It’s to sucker ou and Texas to bet on their schools so it will cover the rest.
Can you imagine the crappy odds you'll get betting on OU after they BTHO of UTEP and Kent State and then win against a horrible Nebraska team? Their fans are going to be booking rooms for the National Championship.

Texas, on the other hand, hosts Bama in Week 2. :blink:

Nov 6, 2010
Agree...

Baylor won the league last year and (arguably) I think has more coming back than any of the top contenders. With those odds, I think Baylor would be the place to drop a few bucks...
Really?? Seems every time I looked up at the combine, there was some Baylor player running a sub-4.4 forty.

Sep 9, 2013
You’ve been saying he’s the best coach to ever attempt the profession. Looks like someone finally bought your nonsense.

66-6
Brown isnt a great coach, per se, he's great at recruiting and building a program

That went out the window with NIL/transfer portal, which favors guy like Dana who likes to wheel and deal and has little desire to recruit kids out of high school.

I have no idea if NB will survive in this new world, or what the expectations are for a program like WVU, who is now nothing more than a farm team for the elites.

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Brown isnt a great coach, per se, he's great at recruiting and building a program

That went out the window with NIL/transfer portal, which favors guy like Dana who like to wheel and deal and have little desire to recruit kids out of high school.

I have no idea if NB will survive in this new world, or what the expectations are for a program like WVU, who is now nothing more than a farm team for the elites.
I have news for you.