Was Baylor Punished?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
No they've supposedly passed the responsibility on to a special committee who's decisions are irreversible that was created after the Penn State debacle... But nothing has come down. They're saying spring of 2020 is when they're trying to make an announcement.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
No they've supposedly passed the responsibility on to a special committee who's decisions are irreversible that was created after the Penn State debacle... But nothing has come down. They're saying spring of 2020 is when they're trying to make an announcement.
Should make the penalties placed on SMU years ago look like absolute child’s play... but they won’t.

What went on down in Waco was 1000x worse than just recruitment and pay-to-play violations.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Should make the penalties placed on SMU years ago look like absolute child’s play... but they won’t.

What went on down in Waco was 1000x worse than just recruitment and pay-to-play violations.
Lets hope A). whatever is linguirng Is enough to run off Rhule and Staff. B). Whatever is lingering hinders the replacement. C). They get slammed.

Either way, they will have a major drop off next year as they are extremely senior loaded (which is one of the reasons for their success this year).

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Lets hope A). whatever is linguirng Is enough to run off Rhule and Staff. B). Whatever is lingering hinders the replacement. C). They get slammed.

Either way, they will have a major drop off next year as they are extremely senior loaded (which is one of the reasons for their success this year).
Their freshman QB was slinging it pretty good when he had time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
They lost significant chunks of their 2016 and 2017 classes and went down to 1 win in 2017.

The School President, AD, and the entire football coaching staff are gone. The AD and Head Coach should definitely have show-cause suspensions.

I'm not concerned about Baylor's penalties. I'm concerned about them beating us the last two years. Gundy has been outcoached and outprogramed by a guy he had a 20 year head start on.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
They lost significant chunks of their 2016 and 2017 classes and went down to 1 win in 2017.

The School President, AD, and the entire football coaching staff are gone. The AD and Head Coach should definitely have show-cause suspensions.

I'm not concerned about Baylor's penalties. I'm concerned about them beating us the last two years. Gundy has been outcoached and outprogramed by a guy he had a 20 year head start on.
In other words, they lost some recruits and had to put in a new coach. The same "penalty" faced by any other team when their coach suddenly leaves. Some tough penalty for institutionalized rape.

I'm not all that concerned about football and how well our coach is able to do vs another coach. I'm far more concerned about a system that would allow an institution to do something this exceedingly horrific to other human beings just to win at sport.

If Baylor had been appropriately punished then there would be a 20 year head start. The reality is the ill-gotten gains of the program were essentially left intact for the next person to come along and use.