Warner Bros to release all movies directly to HBO Max for next year

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Streaming services are making it difficult to decide on how to spend entertainment dollars.
1) Netflix
2) Prime Video
3) Disney + (w/ ESPN +)
4) Hulu
5) HBO Max
6) Peacock
7) Paramount + (formerly CBS All Access)
8) Starz
9) Epix
10) Plutotv. (free)
11) tubi (free)
12) xumo (free)

Content really will be king for streaming services charging north of $10. The amount spent on content will be in the billions for a couple of these services.
They are going to push people to reconnect the cord

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Streaming services are making it difficult to decide on how to spend entertainment dollars.
1) Netflix
2) Prime Video
3) Disney + (w/ ESPN +)
4) Hulu
5) HBO Max
6) Peacock
7) Paramount + (formerly CBS All Access)
8) Starz
9) Epix
10) Plutotv. (free)
11) tubi (free)
12) xumo (free)

Content really will be king for streaming services charging north of $10. The amount spent on content will be in the billions for a couple of these services.
Personally, I'm currently subscribed to:
1) Netflix
2) Prime Video (just a perk of having Amazon Prime)
3) Disney +/ ESPN+/ Hulu Bundle
4) HBOmax (included with my home internet)

And then I also have YouTube TV for tv streaming as well as YouTube premium (ad-free YouTube plus YouTube Music).

Last edited:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Completely agree. The honeymoon period of streaming for free seems to have come to an end, leaving you with the option of cobbling together multiple services for content or a provider that combines the services you want.
I must have missed the wedding because I thought this was the point of cord cutting? To get away from the 2+ year contracts with cable/satellite channel packages from 1-2 companies available in your area, filled with hundreds of channels you don't want just to get the few channels you do using propriety equipment you had to lease or purchase from them? That's what my aim was at least. I have whatever channels and services I want and if I don't want them any more I just end it whenever I feel like with a few clicks and then just as easily add whatever services I want. I didn't realize "free streaming" ever had anything (legitimate) to do with it.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I must have missed the wedding because I thought this was the point of cord cutting? To get away from the 2+ year contracts with cable/satellite channel packages from 1-2 companies available in your area, filled with hundreds of channels you don't want just to get the few channels you do using propriety equipment you had to lease or purchase from them? That's what my aim was at least. I have whatever channels and services I want and if I don't want them any more I just end it whenever I feel like with a few clicks and then just as easily add whatever services I want. I didn't realize "free streaming" ever had anything (legitimate) to do with it.
I cut the cable because I was spending 3x as much on DirecTV as I'm spending now. The only thing that I was getting DirecTV that I'm not getting now that I miss is NFL Sunday Ticket. I just wish the fastest internet reached my neighborhood.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
My point is simple: if you have a somewhat diverse apetite for various channels, you've now got to do that through a combination of different providers as they're now taking control of their own content & developing their own platforms, & that brings some of us back around to just getting those through one provider (DirecTV in my case).

I started streaming like 10 years ago when Hulu was still free, so it was great then. For my viewing, it doesn't offer enough of what I want for me to pay for it now, though.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
My point is simple: if you have a somewhat diverse apetite for various channels, you've now got to do that through a combination of different providers as they're now taking control of their own content & developing their own platforms, & that brings some of us back around to just getting those through one provider (DirecTV in my case).

I started streaming like 10 years ago when Hulu was still free, so it was great then. For my viewing, it doesn't offer enough of what I want for me to pay for it now, though.
I gotcha. I just look at it a little differently I guess. I see it as if you have a diverse appetite for various channels you're able to piece together what you actually want rather than just having to settle with "you get what you get" from the 1-2 cable/satellite companies available in your area and you don't have to sign any contracts to do so.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
My wife is super excited about this one... (Apparently it's too graphic for general youtube so you have to log in to verify your age)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYH2sLid0Zc&ab_channel=IGN

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
My wife is super excited about this one... (Apparently it's too graphic for general youtube so you have to log in to verify your age)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYH2sLid0Zc&ab_channel=IGN
Looks a lot better than the first one. I liked it when it first came out but after a rewatch on Netflix a couple of years back it was straight cheese.

This one is perfect for streaming. I probably wouldn't pay for a theater ticket and snacks unless it gets a lot of buzz prior to its release but the trailer alone makes me think it's worth a look at home. The first half of the trailer makes me think it would be better off getting the Street Fighter treatment. A thriller with characters based on the game would be more intriguing than revisiting the Mortal Combat tournament. But then Sub Zero froze a guys blood and stabbed him with it. That alone is worth killing a couple of hours watching.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
In other news the new Tom and Jerry movie is in theaters and on HBO Max Friday. My kids are looking forward to it.
My kids are fired up for some Tom and Jerry. When they were very young I used to watch alot of it with them.

if you haven't watched the New Mortal Kombat Trailer I would highly suggest too.

It hits HBO Max on April 16th

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
So, before this Godzilla vs Kong movie hits, has anyone seen any of the movies leading up to it? Evidently Godzilla (2014), Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) and Kong: Skull Island (2017) are all the same universe and lead up to this movie. Are any of those worth watching before this new hits HBOmax? I know that it's only going to be streaming for a limited time like WW84 did so if they're worth watching I want to try and start them before it releases.

The last Godzilla movie I saw was the one with Matthew Broderick. If you've seen that one then you probably understand why I was hesitant to give the new ones a shot. :lol:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
So, before this Godzilla vs Kong movie hits, has anyone seen any of the movies leading up to it? Evidently Godzilla (2014), Godzilla: King of the Monsters (2019) and Kong: Skull Island (2017) are all the same universe and lead up to this movie. Are any of those worth watching before this new hits HBOmax? I know that it's only going to be streaming for a limited time like WW84 did so if they're worth watching I want to try and start them before it releases.

The last Godzilla movie I saw was the one with Matthew Broderick. If you've seen that one then you probably understand why I was hesitant to give the new ones a shot. :lol:
I actually really liked skull island and king of the monsters was pretty good. Godzilla was alright but not great.

Jun 14, 2011

Worth watching for the entertainment value and filling the back story. Good production, action, effects, , sound, etc. in all the movies. Solid actors in most of them as well.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

The last Godzilla movie I saw was the one with Matthew Broderick. If you've seen that one then you probably understand why I was hesitant to give the new ones a shot.
Worth watching for the entertainment value and filling the back story. Good production, action, effects, , sound, etc. in all the movies. Solid actors in most of them as well.
I hated that last Godzilla "we have to kill everyone to save the planet." Come up with something original, pulleeze!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk