Warner Bros to release all movies directly to HBO Max for next year

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
For the Next Year Warner Bros and HBO Max have announced a deal where all of their movies will be same day release in Theatres and on HBO Max. Consumers will be able to rent the new movies on HBO Max in their homes for the first 31 days of the movies release.

Universal has also announced for next year they have come to a deal with the major movie theatre companies where their new movies will be released at the Theatres for 17 days, then consumers will be allowed to purchase or rent the new movies. In normal times this was a 74 day waiting period

COVID is going to crush and kill the Movie Theatre industry

https://www.latimes.com/entertainme...o-release-movies-on-hbo-max-for-the-next-year

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Hmm. I've got AT&T internet but no television. I'll have to look into this. (I've already gone through U-verse and DirecTV with them, never again...).
I did the same thing, but cut the internet as well and went back to Cox. I'm not a fan of Cox but AT&T couldn't provide more than 25mbs data where I live. And working from home and running VPN, CRM software, etc and with wife working from home doing virtual meetings and the kids doing virtual learning..25mbs just wasn't enough to handle all that traffic

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Hmm. I've got AT&T internet but no television. I'll have to look into this. (I've already gone through U-verse and DirecTV with them, never again...).
It was something I noticed on my bill so not sure which one gets it for me. They just listed that I get it for free and frankly I forgot about it till today with this announcement. Just setup my HBOMax account and surprised at all that I was missing by waiting.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
It was something I noticed on my bill so not sure which one gets it for me. They just listed that I get it for free and frankly I forgot about it till today with this announcement. Just setup my HBOMax account and surprised at all that I was missing by waiting.
watch Lovecraft Country. It is a series based on H P Lovecraft's Lore and writings

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Looks like internet only just gets you a free trial.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I did the same thing, but cut the internet as well and went back to Cox. I'm not a fan of Cox but AT&T couldn't provide more than 25mbs data where I live. And working from home and running VPN, CRM software, etc and with wife working from home doing virtual meetings and the kids doing virtual learning..25mbs just wasn't enough to handle all that traffic
I am in a strange spot geographically. Cox does not have anything here but AT&T has a massive pipe to my neighborhood (a bit out in the boonies). Even stranger the next neighborhood over only gets that 25mbs you mention. So glad we have the bandwidth though as both me and my wife work from home now, and I have two sons that are heavy online gamers. I almost never run into an issue even with all of us on at once, though I do pay for the highest package.