Wal Mart InHome

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So would you pay for a service where you order your groceries online via Wal Mart. Then a delivery driver brings them to your home, Is provided access to your home via a smart lock, and then they wear a camera into your home and you can watch live on your phone while they put your groceries away in your fridge for you ? This service is $148 per year.

This is a pilot program Wal Mart has been testing since 2019 and they are going to hire an additional 3000 people to expand to make it available in Dallas, Los Angeles and Chicago for 30 million homes.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/busi...utm_content=2022-01-05T15:03:28&utm_term=link

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
So would you pay for a service where you order your groceries online via Wal Mart. Then a delivery driver brings them to your home, Is provided access to your home via a smart lock, and then they wear a camera into your home and you can watch live on your phone while they put your groceries away in your fridge for you ? This service is $148 per year.

This is a pilot program Wal Mart has been testing since 2019 and they are going to hire an additional 3000 people to expand to make it available in Dallas, Los Angeles and Chicago for 30 million homes.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/05/business/walmart-inhome-grocery-delivery/index.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twCNN&utm_content=2022-01-05T15:03:28&utm_term=link
As someone who uses Walmart's curbside grocery, abso-f***ing-lutely not. lol. I don't even trust to let Amazon in to my garage. No way in hell am I trusting some kid from Walmart in my house.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
As someone who uses Walmart's curbside grocery, abso-f***ing-lutely not. lol. I don't even trust to let Amazon in to my garage. No way in hell am I trusting some kid from Walmart in my house.
I like the fact they are going to pay them $1.50 per hour more to deliver in home. I wouldn't want to do that as an employee for $10 more per hour. you break one thing and you'll find yourself in a law suit between a home owner and Wal Mart etc

but they already have 1 million homes in their test pilot in KC, Pittsburgh and Vero Beach Florida.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
Not a chance. My wife would lose her mind when she saw where these low wage workers cram all of the groceries. She’d spend more time reorganizing the groceries than the time it saves.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I like the fact they are going to pay them $1.50 per hour more to deliver in home. I wouldn't want to do that as an employee for $10 more per hour. you break one thing and you'll find yourself in a law suit between a home owner and Wal Mart etc

but they already have 1 million homes in their test pilot in KC, Pittsburgh and Vero Beach Florida.
Plus, wouldn't you want the person that's coming into your home to be someone that's making more than an extra $1.50??...

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I wouldn't.

But my ex would sign up for this the second it hits the OKC market. Then she'll just need someone to come cook for her. Already has a house cleaner.

Funny, she didn't need any of this sh*t before. :derp:

Aug 16, 2012
Then they slip, the dog bites them, whatever. Too much liability, especially if the workers are the same quality individuals that are being used to fill service jobs right now. Come to think of it, I would not let my doctor, financial advisor or mayor do it either.

Aug 16, 2012
I wouldn't.

But my ex would sign up for this the second it hits the OKC market. Then she'll just need someone to come cook for her. Already has a house cleaner.

because you did it, right?
edit--being a smart-ask of course

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I wouldn't.

that would be the next evolution of this right? A yearly service where you pick the meal plan, they buy the groceries and stock your fridge for you, and then have a chef come into your home and prepare the meals you chose and have them ready to eat for you.

I mean with monthly meal plans now that is the ONLY thing missing. For the first 4 months of the Pandemic we signed up for Hello Fresh and just had everything delivered and then cooked it all. They hire a few local chefs and they will be in business cooking up meals all over for you

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Then they slip, the dog bites them, whatever. Too much liability, especially if the workers are the same quality individuals that are being used to fill service jobs right now. Come to think of it, I would not let my doctor, financial advisor or mayor do it either.
I didn't even think of pets and pet attacks, or losing a pet or letting it outside accidently.

No way I would ever trust a Wal Mart Employee with that much responsibility.

No way someone making $13.50 per hour should have the Burdon of that responsibility placed on them.

This seems like a super premium service to me and at $13.50 an hour you are not going to get anywhere close to the type of employee who is capable of providing that level of service consistently

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I didn't even think of pets and pet attacks, or losing a pet or letting it outside accidently.

No way I would ever trust a Wal Mart Employee with that much responsibility.

No way someone making $13.50 per hour should have the Burdon of that responsibility placed on them.

This seems like a super premium service to me and at $13.50 an hour you are not going to get anywhere close to the type of employee who is capable of providing that level of service consistently
It's only a step away already.

https://www.tovala.com/#:~:text=We'...There's now an,without any hassle or effort.”

I wouldn't sign up for having someone in my home, don't even have housekeeping come in the room at a hotel while we're there.

I do wonder what the future is for the meal delivery industry. We tried one for a few months and the amount of packaging (recyclable, fwiw) was just insane. The meals were slightly better than a frozen meal, so ultimately just not worth it to us.

Aug 16, 2012
Wife mentioned an audience that might appreciate this type of service...older folks who still live at home and do not get out much.

We tried one for a few months and the amount of packaging (recyclable, fwiw) was just insane. The meals were slightly better than a frozen meal, so ultimately just not worth it to us.
We get a couple HomeChef deliveries about every other week. You are right, the delivery packaging is insane with all the cardboard, packing and ice packs. That aside we find the meals quite tasty and the best part is we can deviate from our normal meal routine (once read that the typical American household eats the same 14 meals over and over most of the time).