Voting?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
Wisconsin supreme court blocks the executive order and US supreme court blocks the absentee ballot extension.
And it should be added that the wisconsin supreme court met virtually to make this decision because, if you haven't heard, there's a pandemic right now.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
I don't understand why they didn't just postpone the election like many other states. They could've avoided this entire ordeal by doing that.
The governor tried to today, but their legislature sued to prevent it. Gov is a Democrat and the legislature is Republican so it turned into a political pissing contest. I don't want to knock the Republicans here because I'm sure if it was the other way it would have turned into something similar but it's sad that common sense didn't prevail.

There is no sense in the state not delaying this for a few weeks.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Is it possible a padded court made a political decision? Doesn’t seem to me to be based on common sense. Endangered everyone that voted.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Is it possible a padded court made a political decision? Doesn’t seem to me to be based on common sense. Endangered everyone that voted.
Are you saying that the illegals are scared to vote?

Jul 22, 2011
The governor messed up, by waiting until the last minute to make this an issue;

The election board messed up by not having the resources ready, but I excuse their action

The state legislature messed up by not using any GD common sense.
Also, I would add that the voters who waited until April 6th to think about coronavirus probably messed up too.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
twitter.com
Also, I would add that the voters who waited until April 6th to think about coronavirus probably messed up too.
I believe a significant amount of people tried to switch to Vote by Mail in March; which would have normally been fine; but the lack of workers and unprecedented number of people that wanted to switch didn't allow the vote by mail ballots to arrive in time.

I'm sure there were some lollygaggers, but I believe a significant amount of voters tried to play by the rules, and the bizarro times nullified the system that supported the rules.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
In the latest Corona virus update Trump actually told the truth when asked about mail in voting. To paraphrase: if everyone votes a Republican might never win another election. Will wonders never cease.

See post #4 this thread

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2012
If the deciding votes (Justices) were made remotely, to prevent voters from being able to vote remotely, then there is clearly political siding going on. It's absurd to deny what's happening around the country with voting rights. And it isn't a good thing for anyone who isn't paying a boatload of money through a SuperPAC.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
If the deciding votes (Justices) were made remotely, to prevent voters from being able to vote remotely, then there is clearly political siding going on. It's absurd to deny what's happening around the country with voting rights. And it isn't a good thing for anyone who isn't paying a boatload of money through a SuperPAC.
Agree but what can be done other than continuing to promote the obvious?

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Half the people in the country believe so fervently that voter fraud is a huge and rampant problem, how do facts make any difference?

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
Low turnout favors Republicans.
High turnout favors Democrats.
Republicans always will strive to limit voting by any means possible, including this virus.Democrats will always fight to get out the vote.
This is an entirely uninformed comment and is in no way supported by voter turnout statistics. If you had said a strong 3rd party candidate favors democrats then you would have been accurate.