Vanderbilt Sarah Fuller

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 26, 2004
A squib kick that the other team fell on. It's like when high school teams let their equipment manager with Down's syndrome run with the ball and the other team gets out of the way.

Really? Show some class. She did what she could. Your comparison does not even make sense in what she did.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Really? Show some class. She did what she could. Your comparison does not even make sense in what she did.
It makes perfect sense. They made sure she wasn't going to get hit. It was a stunt, a gimmick.

"She did what she could"... so, that was her best kick? All she was capable of? And you don't get that it was a stunt?

Apr 7, 2006
Wow. I heard all the buzz about this but seeing that her only duty was a squib kick makes this a little bit embarrassing

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Wow. I heard all the buzz about this but seeing that her only duty was a squib kick makes this a little bit embarrassing
Was that her only duty because that was the only time they needed a kicker or was that the only thing they put her out there to do and someone else tried the other kicks?
Nobody makes fun of a punter when the team is so good they hardly punt. Nobody should make fun of the kicker if the team is so bad they hardly kick.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Was that her only duty because that was the only time they needed a kicker or was that the only thing they put her out there to do and someone else tried the other kicks?
Nobody makes fun of a punter when the team is so good they hardly punt. Nobody should make fun of the kicker if the team is so bad they hardly kick.
I don't mind the one kick. It's the way it happened, making sure she wasn't going to be hit. If you're going to play freaking football then play freaking football. The way they did it they made it a gimmick.

Aug 16, 2012
It was a gender appropriation stunt, nothing more. Eddie Gaedel for college football in 2020. They do not have a men's soccer team, but guarantee you a tryout that would have lasted an hour would have found a dozen or more ex-HS kickers or guys from a club soccer team that could fulfill the duty much better. Vanderbilt can now claim they are woke.

Aug 16, 2012
What did they do?
She wound up and launched the ball....about 25 yards. The narrative is that the kick and placement were planned. It was their only kick of the game as they received the opening kick and never scored, so it can only be assumed how any other kick would have gone.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
She wound up and launched the ball....about 25 yards. The narrative is that the kick and placement were planned. It was their only kick of the game as they received the opening kick and never scored, so it can only be assumed how any other kick would have gone.
21-0 at halftime. That's behind, but not insurmountable. That is, unless having her kick the squib is more important than making any effort to win the game.

Aug 16, 2012
21-0 at halftime. That's behind, but not insurmountable. That is, unless having her kick the squib is more important than making any effort to win the game.
It is vandy...it was insurmountable. Find it even more interesting that they fired their coach about two hours ago.