USA...our country/government...good, bad, ugly

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
[QUOTE="PF5, post: 4405804, member: 13750"]not that any of you give a $*!+, but I will not be wearing anything with red, white, & blue this July 4th...maybe wear some good Irish colors...I am embarrassed/saddened/pissed off with the state/direction of my country...that's all...God Please Bless America![/QUOTE]

You're right.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha

@PF5 While I understand the sentiment and agree somewhat, I still believe the Republic will survive and will eventually prosper again by its citizens participating in the system and eventually upholding the principles of Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happiness, and Justice for All. In support of you (as a fellow poster), however, I will toast America whilst drinking many Irish Whiskeys.
Hell yes!

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
if America was my child, it/they would be grounded and sitting in their room for their birthday...
If America is a child then we the people are the parents.....and WE are the ones who should be grounded.

I'll wear my red white and blue on the 4th. The last time I forgot, my niece gave me a hard time. I may have lost hope in our future but I'm not going to take hers away.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
If America is a child then we the people are the parents.....and WE are the ones who should be grounded.

I'll wear my red white and blue on the 4th. The last time I forgot, my niece gave me a hard time. I may have lost hope in our future but I'm not going to take hers away.
nope...the politicians should be grounded...most have no interest in what 'the people' want and are only interested in $$ and how much they can receive from the big businesses/big money citizens...

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
nope...the politicians should be grounded...most have no interest in what 'the people' want and are only interested in $$ and how much they can receive from the big businesses/big money citizens...
You're sounding like a lot of people you've been complaining about.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
And we keep voting for them election after election. Who's more foolish? The fool or the fools who follow him.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
You have more love and respect for something you built rather than inherited. Generations of Americans sacrificed much to build this country. Increasingly Generations are just inheriting this country.

Plus, the Democrat's marketing strategy of telling women and minorities the deck is stacked against them in our society is taking a toll on the general perception of the country.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
You have more love and respect for something you built rather than inherited. Generations of Americans sacrificed much to build this country. Increasingly Generations are just inheriting this country.

Plus, the Democrat's marketing strategy of telling women and minorities the deck is stacked against them in our society is taking a toll on the general perception of the country.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Is this some kind of "The poor are just as smart as white people" comment?
The original tweet by a minority woman was deleted/blocked so only the response remains. Probably because she was sick of responses from people who think that everything is fair and the reason that minorities fair more poorly is they just aren’t as good.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The original tweet by a minority woman was deleted/blocked so only the response remains. Probably because she was sick of responses from people who think that everything is fair and the reason that minorities fair more poorly is they just aren’t as good.
May be an unfair society. My point was patriotism is declining, to some extent because Democrats make the inequality a bigger part of their marketing pitch. It's harder to be proud of a country if you think it's racist as a whole

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
May be an unfair society. My point was patriotism is declining, to some extent because Democrats make the inequality a bigger part of their marketing pitch. It's harder to be proud of a country if you think it's racist as a whole
Maybe....inequality and racism is still a real and legitimate problem that many Americans still have to deal with.

Maybe that's why patriotism is declining....if it is.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Fake it till you make it then.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If she doesn't want to see responses saying that skin color defines a person, them maybe she shouldn't have led with that in her original tweet.

She could have replaced one word in her tweet to avoid that. "I honestly cannot read another article about a rich person who got....". I would agree with her on that.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
We are paying $2 Million a month (higher cost than to protect former Pres) to protect the former Sec of State due to a credible ongoing threat against him

https://twitter.com/kfor/status/1544725799017889794