Updated Regionals Projections today 5/4/22!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Amazing how two weeks of games changes projections. I think Big 12 will still get two or three regionals. I would not be surprised if Texas gets to Omaha and win out the remainder of season. I can see TCU and Tech stock fall even more the remainder of the season. Being a Orange Aggie Lover I have OState winning the World Series this year.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Amazing how two weeks of games changes projections. I think Big 12 will still get two or three regionals. I would not be surprised if Texas gets to Omaha and win out the remainder of season. I can see TCU and Tech stock fall even more the remainder of the season. Being a Orange Aggie Lover I have OState winning the World Series this year.
And in two more weeks they'll be way different, too. You get a pretty clear picture just before conference tournament time.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Now our RPI is down from 12 to 10. SEMO is projected to get into the Regionals in our bracket, so these next three games will be critical for both teams.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I saw some projections showing a split between guys showing us and Tennessee winning at all.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And in two more weeks they'll be way different, too. You get a pretty clear picture just before conference tournament time.
I would say more things would be solid after the Tech series.

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO
Tenn losing Series with UK and may be swept so they will not be ranked #1 on Monday.
I won't be shocked if they stay #1 or pending Oregon States series ending, at worst #2. The two losses this weekend is only their 5th and 6th total on the season or something like that. Who else do you realistically rank #1 ahead of them?

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
I won't be shocked if they stay #1 or pending Oregon States series ending, at worst #2. The two losses this weekend is only their 5th and 6th total on the season or something like that. Who else do you realistically rank #1 ahead of them?
Their SOS is 45 and they haven’t played as many Q1 teams as Oregon State or Oklahoma State. I can see Oregon State moving up this week. Tenn lost a series to Kentucky and those are bad losses. Their W-L record is inflated due to their SOS. OState SOS is 21. Oregon State SOS is 23.

Tenn has played 34 Home Games and only 12 Away Games so far this year. They have 4 Neutral Site games. Most of their wins are at home.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
With the screw job we consistently get from all NCAA dealings, I think we need two of three of these things to get a top 8 seed.

Win big XII regular season
Top 5 RPI
Win Big XII post season tourn.

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO
With the screw job we consistently get from all NCAA dealings, I think we need two of three of these things to get a top 8 seed.

Win big XII regular season
Top 5 RPI
Win Big XII post season tourn.
I think we at least take 2 of 3 from each of the Tech and Baylor games
No excuse not to against rapelor, they're terrible this year. We should against tech too, but they make me nervous. Have had our number more often than not for a few years now.

MT Cowboy

'S Go
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2013
CO
Their SOS is 45 and they haven’t played as many Q1 teams as Oregon State or Oklahoma State. I can see Oregon State moving up this week. Tenn lost a series to Kentucky and those are bad losses. Their W-L record is inflated due to their SOS. OState SOS is 21. Oregon State SOS is 23.

Tenn has played 34 Home Games and only 12 Away Games so far this year. They have 4 Neutral Site games. Most of their wins are at home.
D1's new top 25 this week has the top 6 unchanged from last week. Still the Vols at 1, followed by OrST, OkST, Arky, VT, Miami.