Upcoming Movies

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Curious to see how the new Spiderman ends up at the box office. Looking like the first pandemic movie to break 100 million opening weekend. Needs to hit 118 to beat the last one.

Sony apparently projecting 130.
Man, Spiderman was a train of emotion. Great movie. Not my favorite Marvel movie... BUT very well written and just surprisingly very, VERY good. So glad I got to see it in the theater!
I was really wanting to see Spider-Man in theaters while I'm still on vacation and then my brother ended up with Covid symptoms and positive test exactly 7 days after he saw it at Harkins... Not exactly jumping at the opportunity anymore...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
It was so great seeing it in a full theater. Everyone was overall respectful, but you can't beat the gasps and cheers you get in a crowd.
I've seen a ton of movies in the theater in my 49 years of life... this Spiderman got more crowd participation (gasps/cheers/clapping, literally everyone, multiple times) than any movie I've ever seen in a theater.

Maybe it was just the audience that I got to be a part of. Maybe it was the timing around Covid and the audience just that overjoyed for something normal. Or maybe it was just that good of a movie.

The writers DID do a damned good job of wrapping in the Sony Spiderman/multiverse. I really was incredibly surprised at how they integrated the storylines.

But yeah... enjoyed being a part of an audience for this movie! It greatly added to the experience!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Man, Spiderman was a train of emotion. Great movie. Not my favorite Marvel movie... BUT very well written and just surprisingly very, VERY good. So glad I got to see it in the theater!
It was so great seeing it in a full theater. Everyone was overall respectful, but you can't beat the gasps and cheers you get in a crowd.
Had people crying at points. Of course the "shocked" gasps when Andrew and Toby showed up, were hilarious. As if it wasn't seen coming from 2 miles away.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Nov 23, 2010
Had people crying at points. Of course the "shocked" gasps when Andrew and Toby showed up, were hilarious. As if it wasn't seen coming from 2 miles away.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
You can't really gasp at it, but I was shocked they were just in the movie for the last hour and it wasn't a cameo. Shocked in a good way I should say.

Nov 23, 2010
I hate that all of the serious awards contenders are released within a week of each other at the end of the year. Not to mention that now so many of them are supported by streamers who only do a token theater release. Tough to see them all with everything else going on.

With that said, I enjoyed Licorice Pizza and Red Rocket (this probably not for everyone) last week. Going to see The Tragedy of Macbeth this weekend.