Upcoming Movies

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Really?!?! I've loved them all pretty equally. The knife fight in JW3 is INSANE!
The hand to hand and knife fighting is what ruined it for me TBH. The hand to hand combat just looked awkward. Like I feel bad for saying it, but some of it reminded me of Steven Seagal... Like NOW Steven Seagal, not 30yrs ago Steven Seagal... The knife fighting was OK aside from all the CG knives they used and frankly did a terrible job at tracking in. Like he throws a knife at this dude's head and as he's falling the knife is just wobbling around loosely following his head movement. Hopefully 4 has more guns because THOSE scenes were awesome.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
The hand to hand and knife fighting is what ruined it for me TBH. The hand to hand combat just looked awkward. Like I feel bad for saying it, but some of it reminded me of Steven Seagal... Like NOW Steven Seagal, not 30yrs ago Steven Seagal... The knife fighting was OK aside from all the CG knives they used and frankly did a terrible job at tracking in. Like he throws a knife at this dude's head and as he's falling the knife is just wobbling around loosely following his head movement. Hopefully 4 has more guns because THOSE scenes were awesome.
Loosen up Francis.

;)

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I dropped a thing in the "Stillwater" thread about the movie Stillwater. I figured everyone would be as buzzed as I was about a major movie set, in part, in our little burgh, and named for it. The potential of a Golden Corral in town seemed to get far more interest.

I would have liked the movie even if it had been about another small US town, but the fact that it was Stillwater made it great. Am I alone on this?

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2010
I dropped a thing in the "Stillwater" thread about the movie Stillwater. I figured everyone would be as buzzed as I was about a major movie set, in part, in our little burgh, and named for it. The potential of a Golden Corral in town seemed to get far more interest.

I would have like the movie even if it had been about another small US town, but the fact that it was Stillwater made it great. Am I alone on this?
Stillwater was okay, but it was like 3 different movies and didn't really commit to any one I thought. I liked the relationship with the woman and her daughter part by far the best.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
DUNE

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I'm curious to see how they do the new one. The original was just so damn weird, I think they have a lot of room to work with to make it more palatable to the average viewer.
There's enough source material that they literally could take and do a trilogy like the Hobbit, And stay very faithful to the book. I have no faith that that's actually going to happen but you know I could hope.

Nov 23, 2010
I'm curious to see how they do the new one. The original was just so damn weird, I think they have a lot of room to work with to make it more palatable to the average viewer.
Dune 84 was 137 minutes and covered the entire book. Dune 21 is 157 minutes and covers roughly half of the first book.

Based on the comments Denis Villenueve has made, I've seen speculation that if the sequel is greenlit, it will be the rest of the first book and the 2nd book.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
No love for The Last Duel? Did it just sneak up outta nowhere?!?!? Looks damned good from the previews... and Ridley Scott... and a heckuva cast. :ohmy:

Nov 23, 2010
As a spectacle, Dune is amazing and you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't see it on the biggest screen with the loudest speakers you can.

On the flip side, I wake up after watching it last night a little conflicted. It's half the story and moves very briskly to also be 2.5 hours. There is a lot they could have done, and probably should have done to flesh out this half of the story. It's a miniseries length story, but it is also a story that wouldn't have justice done to it on even the best TVs.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
As a spectacle, Dune is amazing and you're doing yourself a disservice if you don't see it on the biggest screen with the loudest speakers you can.

On the flip side, I wake up after watching it last night a little conflicted. It's half the story and moves very briskly to also be 2.5 hours. There is a lot they could have done, and probably should have done to flesh out this half of the story. It's a miniseries length story, but it is also a story that wouldn't have justice done to it on even the best TVs.
Now I'm conflicted... I'm busy this weekend but want to go see it.

Jun 14, 2011
Lots of great looking movies headed our way. Has anyone seen "The Last Duel" yet?
Matrix Resurrections (I hope this is better than the last one)
Top Gun 2 (read up on the stunts and plane usage they did while filming. CRAZY)
Spider-man No way Home
Ambulance (if you like slo-mo action... IE Micheal Bay)
The King's Man ( Like these fun action/adventures)
The Black Phone (Ethan Hawk looks creeepy!)
Uncharted (Marky Mark and Spider-man)

There are more, but I need to get back to work!