Unmasking Antifa Act of 2018

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Okieleaks

Le Soleil
Banned
A/V Subscriber
Mar 19, 2017
Here to there
Nothing like taking rules based to protect us from the KKK and using them to quash dissent and protest. Between this and the allowing protesters to be hit by cars laws being thrown around in ND, SD and a few more Republican controlled states, it’s clear the direction this country is headed. Fascist USA.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
"If passed, Bill HR 6054 would punish anyone wearing a mask or disguise who "injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates" someone else exercising a right guaranteed under the Constitution."

Boo hoo, I can't put on a mask, join a bunch of like minded idiots in masks and injure or threaten people.

I can't imagine any political stance or ideology I would support that would require me to hide my identity. People put on masks because they intend to break the law.

Or maybe you think this is an attempt for the Christians to go after trick or treaters on Halloween?

In regards to running over protesters, I don't support the 2 wrongs make a right bill, but the best way to not get hit is to not block a highway with your body. It is possible to protest without trying to bully innocent people who may want nothing to do with the debate.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
The right to a PEACEFUL protest does not in any way give one the right to impede the peaceful movement or activities of others. Unless of course you're a facist democrat!

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
It's pretty damn clear!

If passed, Bill HR 6054 would punish anyone wearing a mask or disguise who "injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates" someone else exercising a right guaranteed under the Constitution.

I'm not sure why anyone would oppose such legislation, unless of course they are the one wearing the mask while injuring, oppressing, threatening, or intimidating someone excercising a right quaranteed under the constitution.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
It's pretty damn clear!

If passed, Bill HR 6054 would punish anyone wearing a mask or disguise who "injures, oppresses, threatens, or intimidates" someone else exercising a right guaranteed under the Constitution.

I'm not sure why anyone would oppose such legislation, unless of course they are the one wearing the mask while injuring, oppressing, threatening, or intimidating someone excercising a right quaranteed under the constitution.
Because "oppresses, threatens, or intimidates" are all very subjective. We already have laws for "injures" and we have laws for "destruction of property" and "battery".

Passing laws like this is just chipping away at our constitutional rights. Just like I don't want laws chipping away at the second amendment, I don't like laws that chip away at the first amendement.

We already have laws that cover this... don't need more. I don't like the KKK or Antifa but if they assemble and do it by the current laws, then I accept is as an American.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
We already have laws that cover this... don't need more. I don't like the KKK or Antifa but if they assemble and do it by the current laws, then I accept is as an American.
They have a pretty bad track record in this regard. A lot of laws are subjective.

Although I see your point philosophically, in practical terms people who hide their face to protest, usually wish to do harm. I have quit fearing the "slippery slope" in some practical matters.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
Because "oppresses, threatens, or intimidates" are all very subjective. We already have laws for "injures" and we have laws for "destruction of property" and "battery"..
Yes, I agree. Oh wait, you are talking about duplicative hate crime legislation aren’t you?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Because "oppresses, threatens, or intimidates" are all very subjective. We already have laws for "injures" and we have laws for "destruction of property" and "battery".

Passing laws like this is just chipping away at our constitutional rights. Just like I don't want laws chipping away at the second amendment, I don't like laws that chip away at the first amendement.

You must have really hated Obama then. And most certainly ObamaCare.

Obama's Legacy: 2016 Ends With A Record-Shattering Regulatory Rulebook

https://www.forbes.com/sites/waynec...-shattering-regulatory-rulebook/#7544ecae1398

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

Besides it's not a new law anyway.

H. R. 6054 To amend title 18, United States Code, to provide penalty enhancements for committing certain offenses while in disguise, and for other purposes.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
You must have really hated Obama then. And most certainly ObamaCare.

Obama's Legacy: 2016 Ends With A Record-Shattering Regulatory Rulebook

https://www.forbes.com/sites/waynec...-shattering-regulatory-rulebook/#7544ecae1398
I don't really HATE much, that is for you to do. I was just commenting that this isn't needed.

I didn't like a lot of things Obama did and I didn't like certain aspects of Obamacare.

I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. It can be wrong if it done 8 years ago and yesterday.

Remember Cimarron, two wrongs don't make a right. Any just because someone else does something bad, doesn't give you an excuse to do so or justify any actions... I feel like you need to be reminded of this a lot.

Last edited:
May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
They have a pretty bad track record in this regard. A lot of laws are subjective.

Although I see your point philosophically, in practical terms people who hide their face to protest, usually wish to do harm. I have quit fearing the "slippery slope" in some practical matters.
I would say that to the same people who sit behind a computer and talk a whole lot of hate and crap to other people, which is a whole lot of Americans and apparently Russians too.

I will give this to KKK and Antifa, at least they have the BALLS to go out and protest their hateful message in public. More than I can say for a lot of people.

Jostate

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I would say that to the same people who sit behind a computer and talk a whole lot of hate and crap to other people, which is a whole lot of Americans and apparently Russians too.

I will give this to KKK and Antifa, at least they have the BALLS to go out and protest their hateful message in public. More than I can say for a lot of people.
I've been a part of groups at times that had a lot of real wusses in them, but the individuals feel empowered by the numbers. The mob mentality can make otherwise rational people crazy when they get caught up in the moment.

OSU79

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
I've been a part of groups at times that had a lot of real wusses in them, but the individuals feel empowered by the numbers. The mob mentality can make otherwise rational people crazy when they get caught up in the moment.
You mean like when i went over the wall after Bedlam in 2011?

(I was only 54, after all)

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
While I do like the idea of a law that makes it harder for hate groups like antifa or the KKK to harm others, I like the idea of limited government more. There are already laws against the harmful things these groups do, we don't need extra laws.....I see this the same way I see hate crime legislation.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I don't really HATE much, that is for you to do. I was just commenting that this isn't needed.

I didn't like a lot of things Obama did and I didn't like certain aspects of Obamacare.

I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. It can be wrong if it done 8 years ago and yesterday.

Remember Cimarron, two wrongs don't make a right. Any just because someone else does something bad, doesn't give you an excuse to do so or justify any actions... I feel like you need to be reminded of this a lot.
:rolleyes: