Ukraine official says they are ready to investigate Biden's son if Trump ask

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The funny part of this whole episode is that the left has a perfect example of white privilege* here and refuses to attack it. Biden is a rich white cis hetero male. He's had problems with drugs and faced no serious criminal consequences...then he's been paid millions of dollars for things he had zero experience in. Not only will the left not call these things out....they defend him as a fine upstanding man.

*Of course most of us realize this is political elite privilege, not white privilege, but if white privilege were a thing, this is the example the left could use to show it. Guess only Republicans can actually be criticized for it.

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
I just can't believe this is the hill the Dem's are going to die on. This has ZERO percent chance of bearing real fruit. Just let him go.....he's a giant orange faced child......he will do something awful if you let him. If you challenge him then he actually starts following the rules.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
The accusation is that Biden used his position and tax payer money to get a prosecutor fired who was investigating his sons dealings in the country. A quid pro quo, in other words very similar to what Trump was being accused of on the phone call.

We should worry about corrupt deals of family members of politicians who are in a position to influence such deals. If Trump's family falls into that category, then by all means investigate them too. You keep trying to imply I'm being partisan here, I am not....I also want McConnells wife investigated for dealings in China.
The quid pro quo Biden did though has no underlining crime. Firing a prosecutor is not a crime. A quid pro quo is not a crime. That is how a lot of political deals get done. Trump's involved getting help in an election from a foreign government. That is a crime. He funneled foreign money into is campaign illegally.

One is possibly corrupt in a foreign country, one is a crime in the US that affects the democratic process. They are hugely different IMO.
You entirely miss the illegality of what Biden did. As the US official heading up US foreign policy in Ukraine, Joe Biden was in position to influence (stopping a criminal investigation into a family members financial interest, for example) if not outright create an environment for financial gain for a family member - influence peddling.

You say Trump is guilty of funneling foreign money into his campaign. Please provide one single fact that supports that nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
You entirely miss the illegality of what Biden did. As the US official heading up US foreign policy in Ukraine, Joe Biden was in position to influence (stopping a criminal investigation into a family members financial interest, for example) if not outright create an environment for financial gain for a family member - influence peddling.

You say Trump is guilty of funneling foreign money into his campaign. Please provide one single fact that supports that nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So Biden's crime is influence peddling? What statute is that? Even if there is a vague law around that there was clear support both domestic and international on a bipartisan level supporting the move Biden made. Does Trump's attempt to host G7 at his own personal resort fall in that same category? Not any support for that open corruption so he had to walk it back like he does everything else.

Two Giuliani contacts were arrested. They normally require some form of evidence before they issue warrants. So there is your fact that supports it.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...ne-arrested-campaign-finance-charges-n1064606