UFO/Alien Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Why wouldn't they shoot one of them down. It's an unidentified aircraft in military airspace right?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Don't you remember the Independence Day docudrama? Jeff Goldbloom has to give the mothers hip a computer virus.
Wait, does the virus travel better when given in the hip?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Wait just a minute here. I'm killing time so I thought I'd check on SETI and see what's going on. They just named 3 new trustees to the Board. Alright, big deal. Until I saw the pic of one of them....

1625937482633.png

Are you kidding me with this? I did not expect that.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Wait just a minute here. I'm killing time so I thought I'd check on SETI and see what's going on. They just named 3 new trustees to the Board. Alright, big deal. Until I saw the pic of one of them....

View attachment 90918

Whatever she’s running for she’s got my vote

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007

View attachment 90918

Wuhl she’s obviously an alien wearing a human skin suit. The eyes give it away.

And yes, I still would. Everyday that ends in “y” I would.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The James Webb Space Telescope has endured years of incompetence, as demonstrated by the cost and schedule failures. The covid has slowed it down, there was concern of pirates trying to grab it for ransom (no kidding), but now it's running into the most dangerous of all threats. The woke.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...-webb-space-telescope-after-anti-lgbt-claims/

This may come as a shocker to some, but a white guy born in Granville NC, in 1906 wasn't very progressive on gay rights. Who knew?

Anyway, they can name it Telescopy McTelescopyface if they want, just get the thing in the air.

Oct 29, 2016
US
The James Webb Space Telescope has endured years of incompetence, as demonstrated by the cost and schedule failures. The covid has slowed it down, there was concern of pirates trying to grab it for ransom (no kidding), but now it's running into the most dangerous of all threats. The woke.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...-webb-space-telescope-after-anti-lgbt-claims/

This may come as a shocker to some, but a white guy born in Granville NC, in 1906 wasn't very progressive on gay rights. Who knew?

Anyway, they can name it Telescopy McTelescopyface if they want, just get the thing in the air.
James Webb was truly a bad guy. When the telescope was named James Webb, there was a strong backlash in the 90's and rightly so. Under no circumstances should bad people be honored.

Like you, I cannot wait until the thing is launched. It has the potential - and very likely will -- change our understanding of the universe, even beyond a Albert Einstein scale. Albert, of course, revolutionized physics.. literally every single physic book that existed at the time had to be thrown awag and rewritten. The telescope has the ability to study the atmospheric conditions of worlds beyond our solar system, which is astonishing. Specifically, for signs of life. The fact that it can do that is just unbelievable, especially considering the unfathomable distances that separate bodies of mass in the universe.

But the telescope is way more than just that. What they hope to see will change or confirm things that humans have not even come close to observing. It will be spectacular. Let's hope nothing happens to it. Because the orbital distance it must be from the earth will make it impossible for astronauts to travel to. I cannot wait.