UCF, Houston, BYU, and Cinn coming next year(2023)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Chip Brown on 247 Texas Board posted that 2023 would be OU's and Texas last season in big 12( 1 year overlap with new 4).

ESPN takes over the SEC rights in 2024, and will owe Texas 184 million dollars for the remaining time the LHN was supposed to run.

Texas will use the ESPN payoff money to pay the exit fees of OU and itself.

cant provide a link bc it is behind a paywall, a paywall that i can read as a WVU 247 member.
If those two take a few ass kicking this year they put it off another year.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
Interesting idea for scheduling from the ACC.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...tball-scheduling-model-effort-scrap-divisions

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. -- The ACC is moving closer to adopting a new football scheduling format that would scrap divisions and give teams an opportunity to play each other more frequently, starting as early as 2023.
Though no vote was taken to formally change the format, commissioner Jim Phillips and multiple athletic directors discussed a 3-5-5 scheduling model in which league teams would play three permanent opponents, then rotate through the rest over a two-year period (five one year, five the next).
I kinda like the idea of no divisions, and some type of rotating schedule. Given the odd footprint of the B12, it would make sense to do something like that.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Could OU ever live it down if Daddy Texas had to pay their bills for them? I'm not sure that is something you can come back from as a university.
Well apparently they don’t care about diving further into debt because they just announced a 300 million dollar stadium renovation proposal.

Oct 1, 2006
USA
www.yahoo.com

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...tball-scheduling-model-effort-scrap-divisions

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. -- The ACC is moving closer to adopting a new football scheduling format that would scrap divisions and give teams an opportunity to play each other more frequently, starting as early as 2023.
Though no vote was taken to formally change the format, commissioner Jim Phillips and multiple athletic directors discussed a 3-5-5 scheduling model in which league teams would play three permanent opponents, then rotate through the rest over a two-year period (five one year, five the next).
That's unique. I like the three permanent teams, ideally being the most local. I would prefer a home & home rotation for the other group. Five two years, the other 5 the next two years.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Well apparently they don’t care about diving further into debt because they just announced a 300 million dollar stadium renovation proposal.
Ha! They just don't get it. No matter how much money prairie aggy puts in to that place, it will still look like a 4 year old's lego "masterpiece".

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Just curious why, if attempting to poach Pac 12 Schools, why the hell would you set your sights on Colorado??

You go for the bigger TV Ratings. SC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington. Those schools have football value. That's what TV Contracts are made of. Everybody is a plane trip away.

I am seriously concerned some of you never took an econ course in Stillwater.

If we have our heart set on expansion Colorado would be the 8th most attractive team in the Pac 12.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

I kinda like the idea of no divisions, and some type of rotating schedule. Given the odd footprint of the B12, it would make sense to do something like that.
I specially hate divisions in basketball. Playing Kansas once a year just kills the tradition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
CFP relaxing divisional requirements.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog...ate-football-divisions-as-soon-as-this-season

We're getting pods, folks.

The NCAA Division I Council relaxed its restrictions on conference championship games, eliminating the requirements that a conference must either have two division winners meet (SEC, ACC, Big Ten, PAC-12) or play a round-robin schedule to have the teams with the two best records play each other (Big 12). It's expected that the four conferences which currently use divisions will move to a pods system as soon as possible.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
There is chatter about the ACC going to a 3-5-5 schedule arrangement. Each team would have 3 permanent opponents and play 5 schools home/away the first two years and then the next 5 schools in years 3 and 4.

Given that the Big 12 will be spread across 3 time zones, I think something like that would work well for us. I would like to see us go to a 5-3-3 arrangement. That would give us 8 conference games, just like the SEC, so teams should have better records. If you want 9 conference games you could go 7-2-2 and that would/could allow a lot/some of the current Big 12 members to continue to play each other.

If OUT sticks around till 2025 you could do a 5-4-4, where some teams could play OU @ home and UT away, and others vice versa. If this happens I would place an emphasis on playing each team versus making sure schools play OU or Texas at home and away.

My Preferred Teams for 5-3-3
Kansas State
Iowa State
Texas Tech
Texas Christian
Baylor

My Preferred Teams for 7-2-2
Kansas State
Iowa State
Texas Tech
Texas Christian
Baylor
BYU
Houston

We would also need a good, solid set of tie breaker rules as we will no longer be playing a round robin schedule.