UCF, Houston, BYU, and Cinn coming next year(2023)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 9, 2013
Folsom FIeld has the nice addition in the North endzone, otherwise the place is a dump.
We are in auburn for graduation and it was at Jordan-Hare Stadium last night. While I did not get to walk behind their new endzone I can say without a doubt the rest of the stadium is a dump. They do have a nice video board and that is the only one. The north endzone scoreboard is a holdover from the 1980’s. Bathrooms are nonexistent and tiny. As are the concession. They try to have a ribbon but can’t wrap it around the stadium and it’s very narrow.

We make it a point to take in stadiums when we travel and I don’t think we fully appreciate the overall athletic facilities we have. I don’t know how we compare student athlete wise but for the average fan I haven’t seen anything that matches us when all sports are considered. And w my orange glasses fully on and orange koolaid drank it’s not even close. Once we get the new softball built we will be set from a fans perspective. I know wrestling still needs facilities for the team.

Dec 9, 2013
I've seen some more recent estimates that new Big 12 tv money will be closer to $40 than $30 million, about a 10-15% cut from current - so we will see. BUT - still not enough to attract either BIG or SEC teams.
I hope that’s true but w the net addition of 2 schools doesn’t that mean that total package the total money to the conf is about the same as w uo and tx in the current deal (excluding what those yankwads get from their tier 3 rights)? Which would mean the new Big12 is getting more money than the ACC and PAC.

While I hope that is true, I will be shocked if we come in close to $40MM per team.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
We are in auburn for graduation and it was at Jordan-Hare Stadium last night. While I did not get to walk behind their new endzone I can say without a doubt the rest of the stadium is a dump. They do have a nice video board and that is the only one. The north endzone scoreboard is a holdover from the 1980’s. Bathrooms are nonexistent and tiny. As are the concession. They try to have a ribbon but can’t wrap it around the stadium and it’s very narrow.

We make it a point to take in stadiums when we travel and I don’t think we fully appreciate the overall athletic facilities we have. I don’t know how we compare student athlete wise but for the average fan I haven’t seen anything that matches us when all sports are considered. And w my orange glasses fully on and orange koolaid drank it’s not even close. Once we get the new softball built we will be set from a fans perspective. I know wrestling still needs facilities for the team.
We have the best overall facilities in the Big XII and probably way up on the scale of the nation. The difference between 1995 and now is truly astounding.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
We have the best overall facilities in the Big XII and probably way up on the scale of the nation. The difference between 1995 and now is truly astounding.
If you just look at football, basketball, and baseball, I think we probably do have the best facilities in the nation. Combine other sports I’m not sure, but it’s really close to #1, because of tennis and soccer.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
You have to wonder if money really trumps winning. At what point do "blue bloods" get tired of not being competitive? You know if the goons go the way of the husker and hogs they will be begging to get back in Big XII.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
You have to wonder if money really trumps winning. At what point do "blue bloods" get tired of not being competitive? You know if the goons go the way of the husker and hogs they will be begging to get back in Big XII.
What does that say about our conference though?

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
What does that say about our conference though?
I think it says the perception that our conference is easier to win is out there. Not that it is actually true but that ESPN has pushed that we are a weaker conference so hard that people have started to believe it. Nebraska would be bottom half of our league just like they are in the B1G. and Colorado would be fighting Kansas for last each year.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I think it says the perception that our conference is easier to win is out there. Not that it is actually true but that ESPN has pushed that we are a weaker conference so hard that people have started to believe it. Nebraska would be bottom half of our league just like they are in the B1G. and Colorado would be fighting Kansas for last each year.
I agree 100% but it sounds like a lot of our fans are buying into the logic that they are trading wins for money? Meaning if they would come back here they would be contenders again but make less money.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I agree 100% but it sounds like a lot of our fans are buying into the logic that they are trading wins for money? Meaning if they would come back here they would be contenders again but make less money.
Their program has regressed and they thought they could make more money, lose more games and still make the expanded playoffs. They can't afford all the bells and whistles with their current debt level that's why they are regressing.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I wish we would grow a pair and make ou & texas do a home and home the last 2 years just to eff with them…

It will be interesting how they make the divisions. My hope is they set it up as 4 3-team pods and mix it up every 4 years

OSU
TT
HOU

BYU
TCU
BU

ISU
KSU
KU

UCF
WVU
Cin
I'm for no division, rotate through the schedule. The two teams with the best conference record play for the championship.

Divisions often can leave out the second best team for the championship game.

From 2003-2010 (8 Seasons) the Big Championship only featured the teams with the two best records 3 times. In fact in 2004 it featured a team with the 5th best conference record in the Championship game.

Git rid of the pods and divisions!!!

Sep 9, 2013
Chip Brown on 247 Texas Board posted that 2023 would be OU's and Texas last season in big 12( 1 year overlap with new 4).

ESPN takes over the SEC rights in 2024, and will owe Texas 184 million dollars for the remaining time the LHN was supposed to run.

Texas will use the ESPN payoff money to pay the exit fees of OU and itself.

cant provide a link bc it is behind a paywall, a paywall that i can read as a WVU 247 member.

Sep 12, 2008
Chip Brown on 247 Texas Board posted that 2023 would be OU's and Texas last season in big 12( 1 year overlap with new 4).

ESPN takes over the SEC rights in 2024, and will owe Texas 184 million dollars for the remaining time the LHN was supposed to run.

Texas will use the ESPN payoff money to pay the exit fees of OU and itself.

cant provide a link bc it is behind a paywall, a paywall that i can read as a WVU 247 member.
I still can't see Texas paying off OU's exit fees.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Interesting idea for scheduling from the ACC.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...tball-scheduling-model-effort-scrap-divisions

AMELIA ISLAND, Fla. -- The ACC is moving closer to adopting a new football scheduling format that would scrap divisions and give teams an opportunity to play each other more frequently, starting as early as 2023.
Though no vote was taken to formally change the format, commissioner Jim Phillips and multiple athletic directors discussed a 3-5-5 scheduling model in which league teams would play three permanent opponents, then rotate through the rest over a two-year period (five one year, five the next).