UCF, Houston, BYU, and Cinn coming next year(2023)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
Not that I'm an expert on this topic, but I would feel like your best bets to get them to at least consider rejoining would be Nebraska & Colorado. I also wonder, if there's any chance at all you could get Utah to consider coming along with Colorado. You would think that Colorado and Utah would like to be in a conference along with BYU due to geography.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Not that I'm an expert on this topic, but I would feel like your best bets to get them to at least consider rejoining would be Nebraska & Colorado. I also wonder, if there's any chance at all you could get Utah to consider coming along with Colorado. You would think that Colorado and Utah would like to be in a conference along with BYU due to geography.
I work at CU. Trust me when I say they would view your idea as a step backward, rightly or wrongly. Cultural alignment is a big deal to them, and they seem themselves much more aligned with the California schools than the Big 12 schools.

Aug 7, 2006
I'm not sure Utah would really want to be in a conference with BYU, if they had a choice.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I work at CU. Trust me when I say they would view your idea as a step backward, rightly or wrongly. Cultural alignment is a big deal to them, and they seem themselves much more aligned with the California schools than the Big 12 schools.
But but, we have weed now.......

Sent from my motorola one 5G using Tapatalk

Sep 6, 2014
(IMHO)

If/when OU and Texas leave, I would circle back with Nebraska, Colorado, Missouri, Arkansas and see if I could find two takers from that group.
Nebraska, Colorado and Missouri have turned into garbage programs since they left the Big 12 and bringing them back would only bring down our conference.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Having lived in Boulder for 54 yrs I can only speak for CU. They have no real commitment to sports. It's a joke. Just look at the funding for asst coaches, That's where programs are built.

z

Dec 9, 2013
If rumors are true SEC media money is reported to be $65-70 million per yr per school. Big10 is rumored to be getting in that same ball park. These 2 will then argue for expanded playoffs which could pocket their members an additional 3-5 million. ACC and PAC will be locked in through early 2030s for mid $30MM per yr per school. Big12 will come in around $30MM if that.

I don’t think any BIG10 or SEC school is walking away from $350MM to $400MM over 10 yrs. Mizzou, Neb and Piggy will take their ass kickings and smile all the way to the bank.

PistolPete'sMustache

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Nebraska isn't leaving BIG money either for what we'll make. Arky has no more motivation to move even if the money was the same, they got their old rival Texas back. Arky, Texas, and yes OU, should try to get us into the SEC for geography and rivalry purposes. I think I said it upthread, but KU and Mizzou to the BIG makes sense and we should get Mizzou's place. It makes sense in every way that matters except for this stupid TV market BS nonsense.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
If rumors are true SEC media money is reported to be $65-70 million per yr per school. Big10 is rumored to be getting in that same ball park. These 2 will then argue for expanded playoffs which could pocket their members an additional 3-5 million. ACC and PAC will be locked in through early 2030s for mid $30MM per yr per school. Big12 will come in around $30MM if that.

I don’t think any BIG10 or SEC school is walking away from $350MM to $400MM over 10 yrs. Mizzou, Neb and Piggy will take their ass kickings and smile all the way to the bank.
I've seen some more recent estimates that new Big 12 tv money will be closer to $40 than $30 million, about a 10-15% cut from current - so we will see. BUT - still not enough to attract either BIG or SEC teams.

Aug 27, 2021
Tulsa
Nebraska isn't leaving BIG money either for what we'll make. Arky has no more motivation to move even if the money was the same, they got their old rival Texas back. Arky, Texas, and yes OU, should try to get us into the SEC for geography and rivalry purposes. I think I said it upthread, but KU and Mizzou to the BIG makes sense and we should get Mizzou's place. It makes sense in every way that matters except for this stupid TV market BS nonsense.
I have a degree from one of the original SEC schools. Mizzou simply isn’t a fit in any stretch.

I would rather have OK State than Mizzou, but I hate to see the breakdown of the conferences on a regional basis and don’t like the OU/TX additions either.

Oct 30, 2007

this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk