TX abortion law

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
So countersue them for $1 million!

It's so ridiculous that the whistleblower site was aborted by the provider, GoDaddy.

At least 60% of Americans want abortion regulated, not banned or nearly banned. Regulate abortion like Ireland did after its successful abortion ban repeal vote and that comes to 66%.

I'll be surprised if draconian laws like this don't hurt Republicans.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
So countersue them for $1 million!

It's so ridiculous that the whistleblower site was aborted by the provider, GoDaddy.

At least 60% of Americans want abortion regulated, not banned or nearly banned. Regulate abortion like Ireland did after its successful abortion ban repeal vote and that comes to 66%.

I'll be surprised if draconian laws like this don't hurt Republicans.
Countersuits are not allowed under the law.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Settle down. They can still murder all the babies they want before six weeks.
Right?! That's a month and a half window they have to work with! I mean, many of them don't even know they're pregnant until after that window but who cares?! Ban all the things we don't understand or disagree with!

I hope I laid that sarcasm on thick enough. FWIW, I don't personally agree with abortion. I'm not opposed to regulating it so it's not just a free for all but I'm not for outright banning it, which is exactly what this is. I'm also NOT a fan of setting it up so random "Karen's" can sue any place they think is providing them post-6wks in hopes of earning that $10k reward like it's some kind of f***ing wild west "Wanted" sign.

May 31, 2007
OK & CA
And Trumpers won’t take the Trump vaccine. Upside down world
I don’t really think it’s Trumpers as much as it’s hardcore anti-government/ anti-establishment types on both ends of the spectrum. Sure a lot of them voted for Trump but their Trump fandom falls well short of their hatred and distrust of the establishment. I said this a long time ago and it has certainly come true. Trump can push the vaccines 24/7 and these people will just think that somebody “got to Trump.”

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I don’t really think it’s Trumpers as much as it’s hardcore anti-government/ anti-establishment types on both ends of the spectrum. Sure a lot of them voted for Trump but their Trump fandom falls well short of their hatred and distrust of the establishment. I said this a long time ago and it has certainly come true. Trump can push the vaccines 24/7 and these people will just think that somebody “got to Trump.”
Didn’t you hear? He took a saline jab.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
The mantra lives on.

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
https://twitter.com/kxan_news/status/1435294934555189258?s=21
We will murder somewhere around 600 thousand babies in the United States this year. Around 1% of those pregnancies are the result of rape. One of the very weakest arguments of the baby murdering crowd.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
The mantra lives on.
He's not wrong. I think a lot of Trump's base didn't support Trump so much as they have been told to believe that any type of government is bad and the media (except for what they watch) lies to you and Trump getting dumped on by traditional media fed into that. I blame Trump for a lot of things but if you want to get into it, for the mindset of 30% of the population you are better off blaming Rush and Alex Jones, and it's kind of scary that we are talking about 30% instead of 5%

To quote a great movie, "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." Saturday is 20 years since 911. In 20 years we went from the most uniting moment of everyone born after WW2's lifetime to being ok with kids dying because "masks limit my freedom". That's insane.

If you want to get to the root of the issue you need to figure out why a large portion of the country suddenly decided to act like 3 year olds. And you need to figure out how to make them act like adults again.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
We will murder somewhere around 600 thousand babies in the United States this year. Around 1% of those pregnancies are the result of rape. One of the very weakest arguments of the baby murdering crowd.
You think 6000 women a year being forced against their will to carry to term a pregnancy from rape is a poor argument? Ok, callous, but ok.
Here is the weakest argument of the pro-women subjugators. Instead of fighting for what is proven to actually limit the number of abortions, they only argue to make it illegal. Even though that has been proven time and time again to be a very poor way to limit abortion (it increases it) but a good way to harm women. Gee, I wonder what their REAL goal is.
Actually, I don't.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
He's not wrong. I think a lot of Trump's base didn't support Trump so much as they have been told to believe that any type of government is bad and the media (except for what they watch) lies to you and Trump getting dumped on by traditional media fed into that. I blame Trump for a lot of things but if you want to get into it, for the mindset of 30% of the population you are better off blaming Rush and Alex Jones, and it's kind of scary that we are talking about 30% instead of 5%

To quote a great movie, "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it." Saturday is 20 years since 911. In 20 years we went from the most uniting moment of everyone born after WW2's lifetime to being ok with kids dying because "masks limit my freedom". That's insane.

If you want to get to the root of the issue you need to figure out why a large portion of the country suddenly decided to act like 3 year olds. And you need to figure out how to make them act like adults again.
I don’t think they’re mutually exclusive. Trump ran on this “drain the swamp” mantra that made him the hero.

Here are the word from his acceptance speech.
"I have joined the political arena so that the powerful can no longer beat up on people that cannot defend themselves. Nobody knows the system better than me, which is why I alone can fix it."

If you can decouple Trumpers from Trump by associating them with ideology exclusively, then you can do the same to any politician’s base.