Tulsa Post Game Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
Did they actually say it was because of Covid? I didn’t see that. If there’s any other reason that he wasn’t getting all of the #2 snaps then Gundy’s age over ability habits have lost their head. Bullock is a scrub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They were very vague originally but when he came in the game they did say he was held out for something COVID related, but didn't say if he was sick or just held out due to contact tracing.

Nov 27, 2005
1) Someone explain why we can't have a game thread?
2) Gundy amd QBs....it just makes one laugh
3) Offensive Line may be an issue
4) D actually may be good
5) LD Brown looked 500xs better than last year
6) Illingsworth looked more poised than Sanders (don't at me)
7) Why no game thread?
Yeap, LD Brown is a lot better this year.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Defense as whole was really good. Our safeties are phenomenal, Bundage was the worst guy on the field when he got on. I hope it’s rust but he made me feel silly for believing in him so much.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Yeah, Illingworth looked poised, fwiw, but let's not get carried away here. I'd like to think that last year would benefit Sanders going forward this season.
Illingsworth actually throws the ball away and lives the see another down....Sanders has yet to figure that out, and took a sack today b/c he wants to outrun the defense.

Nov 27, 2005
7) Why no game thread?
Also, we are not as good as advertised. Unless we take it up a couple of notches, we will not be at the Jerry World at the end of the year.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
How well did the corners do? Usually I’m glued to them on defense but I was pretty scatterbrained due to anger at the first half. I never noticed them accept for Rodarius’ flag and Holmes’ coverage on that one TD catch. That probably means they were pretty dang good then?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
7) Why no game thread?
Because someone is in love with that discord server thing and is forcing everyone else to do it.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
7) Why no game thread?
1) no one knows
2) It this stage...its par the course
3) OL has been an issue...no one wanted to acknowledge it b/c of our weapons on the perimeter. This is going to be a problem all season.
4) D is solid...We lack a severe pass rush. Smith has time in the pocket all day for the most part
5) LD has made a jump
6) Definitely agree
7) no one knows

Oct 30, 2007
How well did the corners do? Usually I’m glued to them on defense but I was pretty scatterbrained due to anger at the first half. I never noticed them accept for Rodarius’ flag and Holmes’ coverage on that one TD catch. That probably means they were pretty dang good then?
I thought that our entire secondary played really well in coverage. The only big plays Tulsa hit through the air were the result of good throws.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I just want us to go back to the 2011 offense and let it rip...this offense is complete ass!!
I'm hoping that the passing game being nothing but throws from the numbers to the sideline is just being vanilla today. Drove me crazy last year how often we take 3/4 of the field out of play & never went beyond the reads to the sideline.

Stoner may go down as one of our most under-utilized talented WR's ever. Dude could make a living in the middle of the field, but our QB's don't seem to even know he's out there.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Discord blows. Bring back game threads.

Number 2 and 0 on defense were everywhere. Tackled well most of game. No one running wide open without a defender in the video. Calvin has become a 5 play a game guy.

Chuba was soft. Like throw temper tantrums on Twitter soft. LD ran much harder behind same o line.

Illingsworth should have been in first quarter. Started third quarter at a minimum. Bullock had bum throwing shoulder and they sent him anyway. Stupid.

Kicker looked really solid. Driving them down the pipe. Amendola would have missed at least one.

Zero leadership. No emotion. Top down. We’re not good enough to roll out and just beat people. We have no stinger unless Wallace can fill that role with a QB that will get it to him.

At the end of the day, what we just watched fits 2020 perfectly.

Last edited: