Tulsa Post Game Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
Spencer should be the number 2 now ................. but Gundy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I want to see more out of Illingsworth before making that call. Our offense marched down the field with Sanders under center before he got hurt. There's no doubt that he should've been the first QB off the bench though, regardless of whether or not he's missed practice.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Defense is good enough to win games

Special Teams looked solid

Offense has great potential when you have a sharp QB

In the long run I think this team is well equipped to perform at a very high level.

Dec 6, 2013
Illingsworth didn't play because he had been held out of a number of practices as a result of COVID protocol. He missed at least a week and had about 10 snaps in the last week according to Dave, John and Robert.

The minute Sanders was shaken up (before he went to the training room) they said Illingsworth wouldn't be available today as a result of the practices missed.
Clearly making decisions based on missed practices is overrated

Jan 1, 2011
Houston
To me Illingworth should be the QB till something happens to change my mind. If he continues to throw like to day he should stay in regardless of Spencer's injury. IMO Spencer has never been quite the QB that I think leads this team to a championship. OL will be our Achilles heel this year. Defense did play pretty good and won the game for us. Bullock is not our QB.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Illingsworth didn't play because he had been held out of a number of practices as a result of COVID protocol. He missed at least a week and had about 10 snaps in the last week according to Dave, John and Robert.

The minute Sanders was shaken up (before he went to the training room) they said Illingsworth wouldn't be available today as a result of the practices missed.
Did they actually say it was because of Covid? I didn’t see that. If there’s any other reason that he wasn’t getting all of the #2 snaps then Gundy’s age over ability habits have lost their head. Bullock is a scrub.

Aug 2, 2011
1) Someone explain why we can't have a game thread?
2) Gundy amd QBs....it just makes one laugh
3) Offensive Line may be an issue
4) D actually may be good
5) LD Brown looked 500xs better than last year
6) Illingsworth looked more poised than Sanders (don't at me)
7) Why no game thread?

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
To me Illingworth should be the QB till something happens to change my mind. If he continues to throw like to day he should stay in regardless of Spencer's injury. IMO Spencer has never been quite the QB that I think leads this team to a championship. OL will be our Achilles heel this year. Defense did play pretty good and won the game for us. Bullock is not our QB.
I don’t think Spencer should lose his job. But if he’s got a high ankle sprain and is out the next 2 weeks, Shane’s got an opportunity to go win it.